Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

We’re down until we show any ability tbh. No matter who we sign we’ve won one game all season, if come the end of January we’ve won another 3 or so then I’ll start believing we can stay up but this lot have spent far too long lazing about and collecting a pay check, and many were likely not good enough prior to loafing about anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not exactly optimistic, the point was today’s result is largely irrelevant 

I agree with that. We just need to be within touching distance of the opposition and then a massive january is needed. We were always going to lose these fixtures, the manner and errors have been concerning but we were fucked against these. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

We need at least another 25 points, which is at least 7 wins. It's not going to happen iyam regardless of who we sign  next month  :cuppa:

See post above this one. If we need 7 wins, that means teams like Burnley need 6? Bollocks man. We just need to be the fourth worst team. We're not cut adrift, it's doable. As Alex said, today was irrelevant. In fact I thought we played okay, so gave me hope. 

• Like 2

A break in the league would suit us now tbh. If it’s 3-4 weeks, we could bring in some players and bed them in a bit, additionally the melts around us that had fixtures called off will have even more of a crunch time to fit them in. 

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

When I said brilliant January that means the players we get do the business, Rob. :good:

Yeah but we'll sign half a dozen players the media perception will be that we've had "a great wndow" . It'll be said regardless of who we sign...

• Like 1

Ok, I’ve cooled down a bit. Stayed in this afternoon watching that shite while friends all went for a walk in the woods without me and I was regretting my life choices in the immediate aftermath. 

But on reflection I still think we’re done for. There’s obviously still a chance we can survive but we need pretty much everything to go our way from this point. And we’re Newcastle so let’s face reality - that isn’t going to happen. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah but we'll sign half a dozen players the media perception will be that we've had "a great wndow" . It'll be said regardless of who we sign...

Always laugh a bit when broadcasters/pundits/whoever say someone's had a great transfer window. Surely you have to wait a bit and judge based on them actually playing some games first? :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Always laugh a bit when broadcasters/pundits/whoever say someone's had a great transfer window. Surely you have to wait a bit and judge based on them actually playing some games first? :lol:

These people are paid a lot of money because they know what they’re talking about. It isn’t like they just come out with any old shit.

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ok, I’ve cooled down a bit. Stayed in this afternoon watching that shite while friends all went for a walk in the woods without me and I was regretting my life choices in the immediate aftermath. 

But on reflection I still think we’re done for. There’s obviously still a chance we can survive but we need pretty much everything to go our way from this point. And we’re Newcastle so let’s face reality - that isn’t going to happen. 

I think the one saving grace for us is this year there are a few sinking ships just above us. The luck that Leeds seem to have is probably going to help us out immensely. Despite the fact we have only won 1 game, we are still only 3 points from safety and I don't think the games in hand will change that. I don't want us to have to rely on others but it seems to have gone our way. We have a good run of games after Manchester United and I think Howe will manage to get something from them.  

40 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What makes you think teams like Burnley, Watford, Leeds and Southampton will so better than us after the transfer window? 

I reckon we're about 50 50 to go down. Honestly don't care much either way mind, this is way down in my priorities. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

What makes you think teams like Burnley, Watford, Leeds and Southampton will so better than us after the transfer window? 

I reckon we're about 50 50 to go down. Honestly don't care much either way mind, this is way down in my priorities. 

That's a great point tbh Renton and something I have overlooked.  We are by far a better prospect than them.