Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

One of my best mates that I to games with is like you, this is what I txt him when he starts banging on like this or about this player or that player...

ITS NOT FUCKIN FOOTBALL MANAGER! :lol:

Call me a cynical but thinking that what's in it for individuals at transfer time is at least as important as what will benefit the whole club is showing the naiveté of a teenage Shoot! reader... Iiteral readings of football affairs is pointless, everyone has an agenda. Am happy to be proved wrong but this looks a mess to me... 

Bet you wouldn't try this bullshit with Diego. Diego, with his suave demeanor and debonair fashion. WE CAN'T ALL BE MEDITERRANEAN, Y'KNOW!

I know it's not football manager, that's why I'm not mentioning Nianzou, Badiashile, Weigl, or Raul Moro. The ones I mentioned are realistic, reasonable, gettable players, that are all improvements on Clark.

I've read the last sentence a dozen times, and I've still no fucking clue what you're trying to say.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm visualising PL spitting out the words FOOTBALL MANAGER with a look on his face as if he's just sucked a particular tart lemon. :lol:

Nowt worse than a lemon-stealing tart. 

( look it up :lol:)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

The signs of improvement going forward has been apparent.  The signs of improvement at the back hasn't.  IMO that's because we have UTTER shite at the back.

I said it at the weekend, coming in and bringing our defence up to at least the sum of its parts quickly is not something I expected Howe to be able to pull off. He’s never been known as a defensive coach and his style at Bournemouth was certainly not defensive, in fact you could argue the reason that Bournemouth got relegated in the end was when they started struggling to score as well as they had been previous seasons.. defensively they couldn’t dig themselves out of it. 

A manager like Benitez and we’d be talking the other way around (we saw it in those last 10 games in 2016). He came in and was extra cautious while trying to build our team from a solid defensive base but going forward at times was dire, Howe is the opposite. Question is - is that what this particular team needs in this particular situation?? I’m not sure yet, I’d like to see us spend our budget on defenders entirely + 1 DM..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 247 said:

I said it at the weekend, coming in and bringing our defence up to at least the sum of its parts quickly is not something I expected Howe to be able to pull off. He’s never been known as a defensive coach and his style at Bournemouth was certainly not defensive, in fact you could argue the reason that Bournemouth got relegated in the end was when they started struggling to score as well as they had been previous seasons.. defensively they couldn’t dig themselves out of it. 

A manager like Benitez and we’d be talking the other way around (we saw it in those last 10 games in 2016). He came in and was extra cautious while trying to build our team from a solid defensive base but going forward at times was dire, Howe is the opposite. Question is - is that what this particular team needs in this particular situation?? I’m not sure yet, I’d like to see us spend our budget on defenders entirely + 1 DM..

I think simply having better players at the back should be enough to reduce the individual errors we've seen thus far (not just Clark). Cheaper than a striker, too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bet you wouldn't try this bullshit with Diego. Diego, with his suave demeanor and debonair fashion. WE CAN'T ALL BE MEDITERRANEAN, Y'KNOW!

I know it's not football manager, that's why I'm not mentioning Nianzou, Badiashile, Weigl, or Raul Moro. The ones I mentioned are realistic, reasonable, gettable players, that are all improvements on Clark.

I've read the last sentence a dozen times, and I've still no fucking clue what you're trying to say.

bit of the green eyed monster creeping in to that post I suspect.

I like diego, I also bet he knows loads of foxy latina chicks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The last sentence can be summed up in 3 words: Jean, Alain & Boumsong. 

Do you understand now Dave? :huh:

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I once “knew” a lass called Juanita

*insert punchline here*

Fist once "knew" a lass called Juanita

Who kept his house tidy and neater

She cleaned kitchen and bed

But one look at his shed

Was all that it took to defeat her

:ithankyou:

• Haha 9

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The last sentence can be summed up in 3 words: Jean, Alain & Boumsong. 

Do you understand now Dave? :huh:

So your argument is simply "Bad transfers can happen"?

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So your argument is simply "Bad transfers can happen"?

That was my original point...its pretty naive to call the Boumsong debacle simply "bad"...I hate to be blunt with such a delicate wee soul as yourself Dave but it was as bent as fuck .Am trying to point out some fairly obvious pit falls before January. This one is extreme, but the issue is the same.. what was Souness playing at and why? 

Thats not to suggest that our new owners EH or any other new employee are  bent  either. It just doesn't smell right at this stage. Which agents do EH, the temp and the incoming DoF favour? ... there's a huge danger of multiple clashes when you also add the owners. It's precisely what happened at Everton...Moshiri's buys, Kenwrights buys, and managers' buys  like that Turkish striker that was being punted around like a prized jewell by his agent but was fuckin useless.  Its got to work first time, no mistakes. To me there's too many variables and people we know fuck all about to say at the moment "yeah bring x, y & z in and we'll piss it"..  

Edit: Just to add, Everton have just sacked the DoF they brought in to sort out the mess that the likes of Alladyce, Koeman and the "mate of Jose" Portugeezer who was the latest media flavour of the month when he was appointed after winning 3 games at Hull

It's difficult to overstate how difficult the task in the next month is. Am not sure how anyone could even have us at evens to stay up. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Fist once "knew" a lass called Juanita

Who kept his house tidy and neater

She cleaned kitchen and bed

But one look at his shed

Was all that it took to defeat her

:ithankyou:

a valiant effort, however christmas tree has nothing to fear just yet. 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That was my original point...its pretty naive to call the Boumsong debacle simply "bad"...I hate to be blunt with such a delicate wee soul as yourself Dave but it was as bent as fuck .Am trying to point out some fairly obvious pit falls before January. This one is extreme, but the issue is the same.. what was Souness playing at and why? 

Thats not to suggest that our new owners EH or any other new employee is bent  either. It just doesn't smell right at this stage. Which agents do EH, the temp and the incoming DoF favour? ... there's a huge danger of multiple clashes when you also add the owners. It's precisely what happened at Everton...Moshiri's buys, Kenwrights buys, and managers' buys  like that Turkish striker that was being punted around like a prized jewell by his agent but was fuckin useless.  Its got to work first time, no mistakes. To me there's too many variables and people we know fuck all about to say at the moment "yeah bring x, y & z in and we'll piss it"..  

Ok, so it's a too many cooks kinda thing? Too many competing agendas, too many egos?

I can see why that would be a concern. However, if they've outsourced the recruitment of a short-term fixer, who they're using to out source player recruitment, does it really strike you that they're going to be interfering and foisting a Nacho Gonzalez onto Eddie Howe?

This guy, Ashworth, from Brighton. He's not a massive name, so they're not approaching him for the headlines that getting someone like Emenalo would produce. It's a sensible appointment as he's got a record of building a strategy for the club. He's credited with transforming Brighton from PL whipping boys to something more progressive, more sustainable.

All we need is to replace some shite with some better-than-shite. The margin for error isn't so tight that one misstep would confirm our relegation. Getting 2 CBs, a FB, a CM and a CF that all hit the ground running is the dream, but if the CM we get means that Schar and Lascelles aren't as exposed, or the CF means we've still got a goal threat when Wilson gets injured, that's fine too. 

It doesn't have to work first time, with no mistakes. Ultimately if we go down, frankly, who gives a shit? The owners aren't fucking us off after half a season, they want to use our club to soften the perception of their murderous regime. They're not giving up because we're out of the top flight for a season. There is still real estate to build, sponsorship deals to be struck, 'Visit Riyadh' signs to have broadcast into every country on the planet. 

If we go down, it'll be a speed bump, not the end of the road. Our owners have more cash available than anyone else in the league, including Man City. Success is pretty much a foregone conclusion. It might take 5yrs to see a trophy, it might take 10. But barring some seismic shift in the capitalist structure of the football landscape, this much money will get you results. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

All we need is to replace some shite with some better-than-shite. The margin for error isn't so tight that one misstep would confirm our relegation. Getting 2 CBs, a FB, a CM and a CF that all hit the ground running is the dream, but if the CM we get means that Schar and Lascelles aren't as exposed, or the CF means we've still got a goal threat when Wilson gets injured, that's fine too. 

They've tried to re-sign Rondon but have fucked that up spectactularly.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I think simply having better players at the back should be enough to reduce the individual errors we've seen thus far (not just Clark). Cheaper than a striker, too.

If it were me in charge I'd go LB, RB, CB and DM - depending on the budget of course.. we could probably pull off at least one decent loan as well (backup for Wilson)

Edited by 247

Two biggest concerns I have is Howe has never had access to these sort of funds, which could potentially bring it's own problems of paying to much for average players and we alrready have enough of those.

And realistically, at the moment, the club is not an appealing destination for players, potentially big money for half a season aside, there is a distinct chance we will be relegated and any player with a modicum of ambition does not want that on their resume.

Championship players and players from 2nd tier European leagues are what we will be looking at and will they really be enough to lift us out of the shite?

We don’t know anything about how much influence Eddie Howe is going to have on the recruitment process. I also don’t know how much influence he had at Bournemouth. Did he work under a DoF there?

11 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Really Do you think if I know some latin girls I was so many time posting here?

PS: Yes because I love you. But not... I don't meet foxy girls... hahahaha

Go on twitter, say that you're a big Newcastle fan, put a photo of you somewhere in Madrid with a Newcastle shirt on and you'll get more attention from twenty/thirty something male* and female fans alike that you'll be beating them off with a shitty stick. 

*Obviously you'll politely ignore the males who'll be dipsticks while cracking on with the Mantovani. :good:

• Haha 8