Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

I am unsure how to ask this question so it may make no sense. Can we sign someone before January 1st (they cannot play for us because of the window etc) or do we have to wait till the 1st to start the full process of putting in an offer, sorting terms and doing the medical? Just wondering if we might have some players already sorted but cannot publicise it.

I also don't think we have signed anyone yet but I just curious. I think the last time I took proper notice of a transfer window was when we sold Carroll. In my head, I wasn't expecting us to sign anyone but I think most of my interest in transfers died that day and I feel out of the loop with how it fully works. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I also don't think we have signed anyone yet but I just curious. I think the last time I took proper notice of a transfer window was when we sold Carroll. In my head, I wasn't expecting us to sign anyone but I think most of my interest in transfers died that day and I feel out of the loop with how it fully works. 

Same, that was official confirmation, were it needed, of our transition to a selling club. it’ll be interesting to actually be engaged in it again after all these years Having said that, it will probably mean watching lots of sky sports news, so perhaps not 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Same, that was official confirmation, were it needed, of our transition to a selling club. it’ll be interesting to actually be engaged in it again after all these years Having said that, it will probably mean watching lots of sky sports news, so perhaps not 

It is a strange one really as I was never that big a fan of Carroll. I know I was probably wrong but I just didn't see what everyone else saw. I remember when he was on two goals vs Watford when we were in the Championship, Jonas tried to slow it down for him and he didn't make the run for his third. His sale just underlined the complete lack of ambition we would ever have, happy to he in the Premier League and that was about it anything more was just a bonus. 

40 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

It is a strange one really as I was never that big a fan of Carroll. I know I was probably wrong but I just didn't see what everyone else saw. I remember when he was on two goals vs Watford when we were in the Championship, Jonas tried to slow it down for him and he didn't make the run for his third. His sale just underlined the complete lack of ambition we would ever have, happy to he in the Premier League and that was about it anything more was just a bonus. 

Just an old fashioned lump with generally better athleticism than the beer downing lumps that came 10-15 years before him. Had a decent shot on him on occasion mind, I just remember a lot of goals being the messy type.. the one in the 1-0 against Arsenal he just clattered into the keeper and got his head on it if I remember rightly 

• Like 1

I think he had a lot of talent. I also think he’s a complete bull’s knacker who wasted most of it. I would still be cheering him on if he had another scrap with Steven Taylor though 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Go on twitter, say that you're a big Newcastle fan, put a photo of you somewhere in Madrid with a Newcastle shirt on and you'll get more attention from twenty/thirty something male* and female fans alike that you'll be beating them off with a shitty stick. 

*Obviously you'll politely ignore the males who'll be dipsticks while cracking on with the Mantovani. :good:

In case this can be help...

@DiegoGArgota21 in Twitter. 

Hello Ladies. 

Edited by Diego21
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I think he had a lot of talent. I also think he’s a complete bull’s knacker who wasted most of it. I would still be cheering him on if he had another scrap with Steven Taylor though 

That goal he scored for his hat-trick against Villa, in 10/11 season, where he played the ball across field to Xisco and then got to their 18 yard box to finish the return ball showed how good he could have been but as Alex said he's a bull's knacker in the brains department.

About 2:05:00 on this video.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sammynb said:

That goal he scored for his hat-trick against Villa, in 10/11 season, where he played the ball across field to Xisco and then got to their 18 yard box to finish the return ball showed how good he could have been but as Alex said he's a bull's knacker in the brains department.

About 2:05:00 on this video.

Who would have thought Xisco could trap a cross-field ball and make a defence-splitting pass within a few seconds.  

On 22/12/2021 at 20:47, Diego21 said:

In case this can be help...

@DiegoGArgota21 in Twitter. 

Hello Ladies. 

God dammit, he does have a full head of hair! 

• Haha 3

On 23/12/2021 at 13:36, RobinRobin said:

Who would have thought Xisco could trap a cross-field ball and make a defence-splitting pass within a few seconds.  

Imagine being thumped 6-0 by a Newcastle side featuring Alan Smith, James Perch, Mike Williamson, Wayne Routledge and Xisco. But then that Villa side did have Ciaran Clark....

• Haha 1