Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Surely the only way they get up to the pace of the league is on the pitch, not in training.

A packed home game against a poor team on bad form seems ideal to me.

Patience though, if he's not trained for more than 2 or 3 days then it's understandable that he may not understand the game plan, or strategy . 
I know its shit yer pants time, (Or at least thats how I'm feeling it) - but winning against Everton is a big ask as it is and is perhaps not worth the risk of reducing morale by him expecting us to play a certain style and making a tit out of himself - or getting angry at the players he had . (I got a bit of that feeling from Trippier when he was calling people up from the tunnel to go and see the fans, after a drubbing).

Edited by scoobos

34 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Patience though, if he's not trained for more than 2 or 3 days then it's understandable that he may not understand the game plan, or strategy . 
I know its shit yer pants time, (Or at least thats how I'm feeling it) - but winning against Everton is a big ask as it is and is perhaps not worth the risk of reducing morale by him expecting us to play a certain style and making a tit out of himself - or getting angry at the players he had . (I got a bit of that feeling from Trippier when he was calling people up from the tunnel to go and see the fans, after a drubbing).

Score more than them?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’d be fucking amazed if we’re going to slam down £40 million on a midfielder and not start him, like. Especially considering the other options 

Aye, we are on about playing fucking Longstaff over him man. I get the point but at the same time we don’t have the luxury of waiting, this next run of 5 or so games are some of our best opportunities to get points. I also disagree with the Saul mention, the jump from Spain to the PL is massive, the styles of play are completely different, meanwhile Ligue 1 plays a similar way/pace to the PL the same that the Bundesliga does. 

We have to take risks here, he also doesn’t come across at all as a lad who will have his confidence knocked if he was to have a poor debut tbh. He clearly backs himself massively, not just based on him making the move but also things he’s said in the past. He doesn’t need wrapped in cotton wool. 

• Like 1

He will start, so will Burn and Targett. They're professional footballers all of them. Guimaraes is not going to struggle with adapting to the league, we don't have the time for that.

We are going to go out against Everton with a gameplan to win and we should be happy with nothing less.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Score more than them?

God damn it, Wykiki! You're a goddamn genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard. You must have a goddamn IQ of 160! You are goddamn gifted Wykiki! 

Quote of the Day | The Soul of the Plot

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Why? He doesn't have a history of scoring or providing assists.

he was only 5m, and i've got a penchant for putting in newcastle players who fail to deliver points

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OTF said:

He will start, so will Burn and Targett. They're professional footballers all of them. Guimaraes is not going to struggle with adapting to the league, we don't have the time for that.

We are going to go out against Everton with a gameplan to win and we should be happy with nothing less.

With ‘Hair Transplant ’ in the Everton goal,it improves our chances.He was dodgy again last weekend.

Four wins in 15 games required? Can one of the bottom three manage 6 wins in the same games or less? Four wins and three draws bumps that up to seven. Keep our fullbacks fit, keep our midfield hungry and obviously put Bruno in and we've got a great chance. Those three out three wins coupled with bad results for the rest have put a massive dent in the bottom three's hopes. It's been a momentous 8 days tbh.

• Like 5

4 clear of norwich with a game in hand, 6 clear of watford.

Can't see them being able to pick that many points up on us considering the strength of the squads post January.

• Like 4

Burnley are a point behind if they win their two games in hand. It's a big ask for them but not absolutely impossible. Fail to win them both and I reckon four wins, maybe five or four wins and a couple of draws sees us home. Hopefully.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.a7fd6fb9f863304c7bdc05d857b3f9de.png

Lads, I've served you up an absolute treat here. 

If we pick an arbitrary 36 points for survival (it might even be less than that, extremely unlikely to be more), we have to pick up 1 point per game between now and the end of the season.  Howe is currently averaging 1.3 points per game since he took over. 

If you look at what the other teams have to achieve as a PPG average, and what they're currently managing to achieve, it seems like the wheels would have to come off for us to not stay up.  I've put Current Manager PPG in for Norwich, Burnley and us.  Because Woy has only been in charge a few games and is rocking a 0.33 point per game average, I've subbed in their current season to date average instead.  Hodgson would need to double what they've managed so far this season to get to 36. 

There's only one manager already outperforming what is required to get to 36 points.  And that man is Edward. John. Frank. Howe. 

Conclusion:  I think we're borderline safe already.  Driest kegs in the business. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Four wins in 15 games required? Can one of the bottom three manage 6 wins in the same games or less? Four wins and three draws bumps that up to seven. Keep our fullbacks fit, keep our midfield hungry and obviously put Bruno in and we've got a great chance. Those three out three wins coupled with bad results for the rest have put a massive dent in the bottom three's hopes. It's been a momentous 8 days tbh.

Aye this season we have had some bad luck go our own way.  But since Howe has come in we have improved so much and we graft our bollocks off and it's nice to see other teams not getting the rub of the green but every single win we have deserved.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.a7fd6fb9f863304c7bdc05d857b3f9de.png

Lads, I've served you up an absolute treat here. 

If we pick an arbitrary 36 points for survival (it might even be less than that), we have to pick up 1 point per game between now and the end of the season.  Howe is currently averaging 1.3 points per game since he took over. 

If you look at what the other teams have to achieve as a PPG average, and what they're currently managing to achieve, it seems like the wheels would have to come off for us to not stay up.  I've put Current Manager PPG in for Norwich, Burnley and us.  Because Woy has only been in charge a few games and is rocking a 0.33 point per game average, I've subbed in their current season to date average instead.  Hodgson would need to double what they've managed so far this season to get to 36. 

There's only one manager already outperforming what is required to get to 36 points.  And that man is Edward. John. Frank. Howe. 

Conclusion:  I think we're borderline safe already.  Driest kegs in the business. 

Rain Man GIF by Filmin

• Haha 5