Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To be fair, we need some quick-fix mercenaries, but a lot of the longer term plans that would require a DoF won't be thought through/come to pass until the summer, surely?

Aye I think there's a tension between DoF signings and survival signings. I want the DoF in as soon as possible just so that someone is in place, but i don't think it necessarily spells doom for this season if it doesn't happen til later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

That is after January, mate 

:lol:

All I meant to imply is that the way it's phrased almost suggests that they're going to get January out of the way with transfers and so on and then hire someone immediately after - I think it more likely that we'll be looking at a summer program for a wholesale restructure of the club.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

If we can't beat Norwich and Burnley at home then you do have to wonder who we will actually be able to beat.  I do think relegation is a very realistic possibility but I'm not concerned about it that much.  If it happens, the owners plans for the club will be delayed but that's all really.  If we'd been relegated with Ashley, Penfold and Bruce still there I don't think we'd have been coming back up for a long time.

the worrying thing is those two are in decent form compared to us so they may well not the home bankers we need them to be. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Caulkin reckons only £40m or so has been set aside for Jan signings. That being the case, you can understand why DoF isn't necessarily considered super urgent. 

Wonder how much of that is trying to stop the extra £10m lumped on every transfer fee bcause wee're The Richest Club In The World ™

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

All I meant to imply is that the way it's phrased almost suggests that they're going to get January out of the way with transfers and so on and then hire someone immediately after - I think it more likely that we'll be looking at a summer program for a wholesale restructure of the club.

I knew what you meant ;) 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well loans don't cost much. The £40m was apparently their plan from the start, ie don't go daft in Jan, so this isn't a reaction to results. 

Loans don't but we are limited aren't we in number?

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We're the richest club in the world. We can afford to stick a few of them in the reserves.

Think he means we're only allowed a certain number of loans. We're limited to, I think, 2 domestic loans, but no restrictions on foreign ones. 

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2021/22 (Download PDF, size: 21.4MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

Edited by The Fish

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So we can loan only 2 from English clubs. Total of 4.

No, we can loan 100 from other nations, but only 2 from English clubs. And if we took two PL loans in Summer-Winter, we could only take another 2 in Winter-Summer.

There are players in top Teams that are not playing... This could be the market for two loans. 

Barkley, Aké, Naby Keita, Minamino, Vlasic, Cedric Soares, Kolasinac, ElNeny, Ayoze, Ben Davis, Harry Winks, Bertrand Traoré, 

There are a couple of players without contract that could be fine just for the bench. Iago Falque and Bentaleb.

And then, there are 40 millions that you have to invest in 2-3 players that help this season and in the future. And the most important thing is to sign a couple of 'laterales' (I don't know how is the word in English, but I mean 1 right back and 1 left back) and one CB and a good MC.

Tarkowski, Mings, Aarons...

And there are players ending contracts, so they could be free in January for a few fee. 

Sule, Kessie, Kamara, Zakaria, Cantwell, Tolisso, Tarkowski...

If you can get, for example, Soares and Ben Davies on loan, and pay for Sule, Zakaria, and Tarkowski, I believe this could be a team very better in defence and with this you can avoid the relegation. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

A worry for me is how long pif want to wait for us to be mint? They were linked with buying Inter Milan, hopefully they don't just turn their attentions elsewhere when Eddie over attacks leaving us way too exposed all the way to the Championship.

mad-max-tom-hardy.gif

• Haha 6