Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

That's going to be everyone's retort though isn't it?  That's the lazy / uneducated wank pots reply.  No doubt Jug Ears will be citing it on MOTD or Twatter. 

Yes we have spent brass, but we still have the likes of Krafth who again last night was solid.  Shelvey has been like a new signing as have many others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

That's going to be everyone's retort though isn't it?  That's the lazy / uneducated wank pots reply.  No doubt Jug Ears will be citing it on MOTD or Twatter. 

Yes we have spent brass, but we still have the likes of Krafth who again last night was solid.  Shelvey has been like a new signing as have many others.

:lol: Where there's muck there's brass, ah tell thee. 

• Haha 5

Burn, Targett and, to a lesser extent due to injury, Trippier have no doubt been brilliant signings. Bruno too but he’s only really started coming into the side in the past month.

The players already here (Shelvey, Joelinton, Willock, Frasier, Schar and Krafth) have been equally important - relegation donkeys under Bruce are now full of energy and good enough for a mid-table premier league club.  

So yeah, the £90m helped but we wouldn’t be where we are without Howe. Love the bloke

• Like 2

Something a bit self indulgent maybe that I think we're overlooking, is the atmosphere amongst the fans. Some of the earlier wins SJP roared the team on to victory, enfeebled the likes of Everton, and genuinely lifted the club. So yeah the owners have done well, Howe has done well and the players are really giving it their all - but let's also appreciate our contribution in creating a positive energy. This club is unrecognisable from the Ashley era at fan level, but recognisable from the SBR/Keegan days. I hope we keep that.

I mean compare this with Sunderland, a fanbase of serial malcontents who hound out managers who have them in 3rd for a single heavy loss and boo their team to consecutive relegations.

I daresay it won't last forever and that once expectations aren't being met in some form we'll change to become more of a traditional top 6 fanbase.. but even so, for now at least I really think it has been vital to our performances.

• Like 5

I saw an attendance chart for this season on a Norwich forum earlier and we have 98% full for the season (I suspect it'd be a different picture if you considered post takeover numbers only) but it was interesting that Arsenal -prawn sandwich central- were 3rd or 4th in that table. 99% or something.

Leicester were top but that will be down to the fact they're still playing in a matchbox.

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Something a bit self indulgent maybe that I think we're overlooking, is the atmosphere amongst the fans. Some of the earlier wins SJP roared the team on to victory, enfeebled the likes of Everton, and genuinely lifted the club. So yeah the owners have done well, Howe has done well and the players are really giving it their all - but let's also appreciate our contribution in creating a positive energy. This club is unrecognisable from the Ashley era at fan level, but recognisable from the SBR/Keegan days. I hope we keep that.

I mean compare this with Sunderland, a fanbase of serial malcontents who hound out managers who have them in 3rd for a single heavy loss and boo their team to consecutive relegations.

I daresay it won't last forever and that once expectations aren't being met in some form we'll change to become more of a traditional top 6 fanbase.. but even so, for now at least I really think it has been vital to our performances.

spot on. the atmosphere will flatten in the future when, as an established top 4 side, we fail to put away the mid to lower table sides we will then we expected to beat. it definitely happened under robson - remember the crowd reaction during the lap of honour when we "only" finished 5th?

it must be a class time to be a season ticket holder today - like during the early keegan years. to be in the crowd as a team which were perennial strugglers is transformed into contenders is magic. next couple of years are going to be a brilliant time to be a regular at sjp

• Like 2

i am trying to get tickets for the arsenal game and so far my only lead is in a £300 corporate box. bring on the motherfucking champagne, hummus and olives bitch

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I saw an attendance chart for this season on a Norwich forum earlier and we have 98% full for the season (I suspect it'd be a different picture if you considered post takeover numbers only) but it was interesting that Arsenal -prawn sandwich central- were 3rd or 4th in that table. 99% or something.

Leicester were top but that will be down to the fact they're still playing in a matchbox.

Arsenal count their attendances by tickets sold, Not arses on seats. 

Not sure if everyone does it that way.

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i am trying to get tickets for the arsenal game and so far my only lead is in a £300 corporate box. bring on the motherfucking champagne, hummus and olives bitch

Last time I was in a box with work they'd done away with the jars of the Chairman's Chutney. I was devastated. That joke must have died with Freddy Shepherd. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

One hell of an enema, that 

• Haha 5

On 29/11/2021 at 10:21, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not at all, I reckon anything up to 12 points adrift we can buy our way out of it. I know people will say no one has done that before but has another club ever been in our position with the resources we now have. Most clubs bottom are skint and looking to unload player for the drop to the championship. We are looking at spending massive amounts of money and don't care about wages in the championship.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 08:05, ewerk said:

I'm not pissing the bed just yet. Six of our seven defeats have been against top eight sides. The damage has been done in not nicking a win in some of the draws we've had against the other sides. We haven't played terribly under Howe and have been let down by individual errors. The longer the manager has the better we're going to get. Safety isn't a certainty but if we recruit wisely in January I can see us being mid-table towards the end of the season.

Well if we're going to show off just how right some of us were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/12/2021 at 15:53, Dr Gloom said:

We’re doomed. Needed to beat Brentford and Norwich. We need to win every other game from here on in. It’s a massive ask to expect us to turn it around given how shite we’ve been all season 

On 19/12/2021 at 15:57, Alex said:

Today changes nowt. We were never getting anything out of today’s match. We’re 3 points off safety. Obviously we need to have a very good January transfer window and we’re in a heap of bother but it’s not a done deal. 

On 19/12/2021 at 15:58, PaddockLad said:

We need at least another 25 points, which is at least 7 wins. It's not going to happen iyam regardless of who we sign  next month  :cuppa:

On 19/12/2021 at 16:30, Howmanheyman said:

Let's be honest, we've just got far too many who are dogshit. January needs to be a brilliant window to have a chance.

On 19/12/2021 at 17:05, Howay said:

We’re down until we show any ability tbh. No matter who we sign we’ve won one game all season, if come the end of January we’ve won another 3 or so then I’ll start believing we can stay up but this lot have spent far too long lazing about and collecting a pay check, and many were likely not good enough prior to loafing about anyway. 

On 19/12/2021 at 17:12, Renton said:

See post above this one. If we need 7 wins, that means teams like Burnley need 6? Bollocks man. We just need to be the fourth worst team. We're not cut adrift, it's doable. As Alex said, today was irrelevant. In fact I thought we played okay, so gave me hope. 

On 20/12/2021 at 13:35, Rayvin said:

Aye but so have most of these teams. Even Norwich have won more games than us and some of the teams people are mentioning here have 5 wins :lol: 

Anyway if we'd managed to win those two easier games instead of fucking them up we'd be on 14 points atm which I think is more representative of where we should be really. Assuming January allows us to improve, I think we can recover those 4 missed points and get out of this still. We need signings in place by mid-Jan though, that's when the easier games hit.

On 21/12/2021 at 09:30, The Fish said:

Which teams do they have to face? Spurs, Watford and Villa.  They could easily come out of those 3 with 0pts, especially as they'll be played in a congested run of fixtures.

End of the day, we're 3pts off safety with 1/2 the season to go. We should strengthen significantly in the window. Our performances are improving and but for individual errors we'd have another 2-3 points already. Who knows, had Ederson been sent off we could have clung on for a draw, had we got a penalty against Liverpool we could maybe have got a draw there too. 

We're not going to get 45pts and the comfort of midtable, but I do think that this squad + January additions has enough to survive. 

Tbh there's not as many clear cut relegation comments as I thought, at least in this thread. Maybe there were more elsewhere, but this is all from end of December after we wobbled through our games against other relegation candidates. I didn't get everyone, got bored, but enough. Wykiki didn't have a clear post stating one thing or the other but was nuanced across both positions fwiw. And we all know Gemmill's position.

I would say overall forum mood was between 'Relegated' and 'Relegated unless...'. With Gemmill as the outlier (honourable mention to Renton who also seemed pretty positive).

• Like 4

On 18/10/2021 at 13:54, The Fish said:

Last season included 2 long winless runs (7 and 9 games) and we finished on 45pts. 

This current squad of players is capable of midtable.

We'll be getting a new manager soon and he will, at the very least, get this group of players performing at their level.

We'll be strengthening in January so jokers  good players like Shelvey will be pushed out of the lineup into the limelight.

All these things combined means we'll be fine.

Nailed it.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tbh there's not as many clear cut relegation comments as I thought, at least in this thread. Maybe there were more elsewhere, but this is all from end of December after we wobbled through our games against other relegation candidates. I didn't get everyone, got bored, but enough. Wykiki didn't have a clear post stating one thing or the other but was nuanced across both positions fwiw. And we all know Gemmill's position.

I would say overall forum mood was between 'Relegated' and 'Relegated unless...'. With Gemmill as the outlier (honourable mention to Renton who also seemed pretty positive).

What was Wykiki’s position re: Micah Richards? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You just earned a paddlin'

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah fair you were right on surviving but midtable and 45 points you ruled out so it's not a perfect game if you know what I mean.

Say the line Rayvin... Sorry

• Haha 6