Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Am I looking at merged cells on the left hand columns there? Absolutely barbaric if so. 

Maybe :lol:

Reviewing it, I'm hoping for a Leeds win to better our chances of finishing above Palace. Realistically I can only see a home win though. 

The added bonus is it would stick Everton firmly back the the team finishing 18th. :lol:

I hadn't considered how absolutely dreadful Leeds's run in was until I mapped it out. It puts even further credence on the point that we are logically safe - there's no way they'd overturn a 10 point (11 effectively, given their horrendous GD) deficit on us. And there isn't going to some stupendous celebration either when logical safety becomes mathematical safety.

Just now, Gemmill said:

I hope Leeds stay up. I'd much rather see the back of Everton or Burnley. 

I'd agree with you, hence I'm hoping Leeds win this evening. It's clear cut for me, has to be Everton. Too many pundits have said it has to be Newcastle / Leeds / Brentford / Burnley  - delete where appropriate, because Everton are 'too big to go down'. 

Utter bollocks.

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I hope Leeds stay up. I'd much rather see the back of Everton or Burnley. 

I’ve got no real animosity towards Burnley tbh, good mate of mine is born and bred and he’s gutted at their current plight. 

Fuck the scouse mackems though. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'd agree with you, hence I'm hoping Leeds win this evening. It's clear cut for me, has to be Everton. Too many pundits have said it has to be Newcastle / Leeds / Brentford / Burnley  - delete where appropriate, because Everton are 'too big to go down'. 

Utter bollocks.

Bigger clubs have gone down if you think about Liverpool in the 60s and Man Utd in the 70s. If you’re just talking about the premier league era then we’re bigger imo, in the sense we’ve been bigger in that era. I know they’ve won an fa cup in that time (but so have Portsmouth and Wigan) but by virtually every other metric (besides being ever present) we’ve outperformed them 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Bigger clubs have gone down if you think about Liverpool in the 60s and Man Utd in the 70s. If you’re just talking about the premier league era then we’re bigger imo, in the sense we’ve been bigger in that era. I know they’ve won an fa cup in that time (but so have Portsmouth and Wigan) but by virtually every other metric (besides being ever present) we’ve outperformed them 

And, for large portions of our time in the league, we’ve been fucking amazing to watch. 

I can’t think of a single Everton game that sticks out as entertaining for a neutral. 

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

And, for large portions of our time in the league, we’ve been fucking amazing to watch. 

I can’t think of a single Everton game that sticks out as entertaining for a neutral. 

They’ve never challenged for the title once. I mean it’s a pathetic accolade anyway but you can guarantee if they go down they’ll make the argument they’re the biggest club in the premier league era whilst citing achievements from before that time to justify it. To be honest though I’d love to see them have that cake and eat it 

• Like 1

BTW

Wor kid went to the game last night.  It was re-arranged from a Sunday to a Monday.  He didn't want to use a days holiday and stay over and it was one kids last away day so didn't want to miss out.  The coppers kept them back so a load of them missed the last train back to Leeds.  Utter cunts.

It would be very tricky getting back from Croydon in time for the last train from Kings Cross or whereever after an 8pm kick off even if you’re not kept behind. We can’t even get back to Waterloo :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It would be very tricky getting back from Croydon in time for the last train from Kings Cross or whereever after an 8pm kick off even if you’re not kept behind. We can’t even get back to Waterloo :cuppa: 

Aye they said they would be cutting it fine.  Nice of Sky to think about away fans though.  It always seems to be teams North of Birmingham too that get the shit end of the stick too.

13 hours ago, Alex said:

They’ve never challenged for the title once. I mean it’s a pathetic accolade anyway but you can guarantee if they go down they’ll make the argument they’re the biggest club in the premier league era whilst citing achievements from before that time to justify it. To be honest though I’d love to see them have that cake and eat it 

They pedal this sense of entitlement on the basis that they've spent more time in the top division than any other club in English football. That means fuck all, if you're worse than the 17th best side in the division after 38 games then off to the Championship you go. 

You're right about Liverpool and Man Utd. Weren't Spurs relegated in the 70s as well? More recently as in the Premier League years you've got to consider Blackburn and Forest alongside ourselves given the honours they won close to relegation. It's been 27 years since Everton won the FA Cup; 35 years since they won the league. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Craig said:

I've got Leeds now going down - I can't see where they will pick another point up from.

Well this aged well :doh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

They pedal this sense of entitlement on the basis that they've spent more time in the top division than any other club in English football.

I’ve had my appendix for 53 years. 

It’s still a pointless organ and if it goes wrong it’ll be out with no regrets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve had my appendix for 53 years. 

It’s still a pointless organ and if it goes wrong it’ll be out with no regrets. 

Everton FC - the appendix of the FA Premier League. Love it :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's a perfect analogy. Everton have been in the PL since its inception but they've done pretty much fuck all in that time. They got a few seasons of Europa League by playing shite football and haven't even had too many relegation battles to get them excited. They've had very few decent players in that time and have a shit stadium. They've just been existing. The footballing equivalent of lithium.

• Haha 2