Don't forget..

catmag

I just like them plain with a bit of salt on. :lol:

Oh, and just for you Brock, the religious connotation of Pancake Day is that it's the day before Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent) As you're not supposed to over-indulge during lent then foods such as butter/eggs etc were used up the day before to make pancackes with.  You then spend the next 40 days or so eating very simply until Easter Sunday.

101955[/snapback]

And ash wednesday?

When the non-religious folk, being primitive in those days burned the idiots who suggested giving up the over-indulgence malarky. :jerkit:

101959[/snapback]

When you go to church on Ash Wednesday, the mark of the cross is made on your forehead with ashes (the burned palm leaves from last sunday - Palm Sunday, are used for this) It's a symbolic thing reminding us of our mortality. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent and is a day of fasting, abstinence and basic miserableness!

Edited by catmag

Congratulations Cath, in a few posts you've taught me more than a Church of England education ever did... :lol:

101965[/snapback]

Being a good Catholic girl has it's uses.....

Here Cathabell, if you'd been my RE teacher I'd probably have paid more attention. You sum up in a paragraph what they do in 3 years.

101967[/snapback]

It's all about the symbolism :lol:

Wasn't much fun in our infant/junior school though. During Holy Week (week leading up to Easter Sunday) they made us sit through the epic film Jesus of Nazareth in the school hall. If anyone has seen it they'll know that it's a bit heavy-going and gruesome for little bairns. My brother used to get nightmares after watching it :jerkit:

Here Cathabell, if you'd been my RE teacher I'd probably have paid more attention. You sum up in a paragraph what they do in 3 years.

101967[/snapback]

It's all about the symbolism :jerkit:

Wasn't much fun in our infant/junior school though. During Holy Week (week leading up to Easter Sunday) they made us sit through the epic film Jesus of Nazareth in the school hall. If anyone has seen it they'll know that it's a bit heavy-going and gruesome for little bairns. My brother used to get nightmares after watching it :icon_lol:

101976[/snapback]

[/quote

Can you remember " walking in white" or had they outlawed that by your time ???

If memory serves me correctly I believe it was round about May time and the Feast of Our lady ..... :lol:

If memory serves me correctly I believe it was round about May time and the Feast of Our lady ..... :lol:

101978[/snapback]

I don't remember that at all :icon_lol: I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types. Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time.... :jerkit:

If memory serves me correctly I believe it was round about May time and the Feast of Our lady ..... :icon_lol:

101978[/snapback]

I don't remember that at all :angry: I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types. Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time.... B)

101981[/snapback]

sainted... :lol: .... I have been to Lourdes twice as a helper in my younger days, I found it a very humbling experience... :jerkit:

101967[/snapback]

Wasn't much fun in our infant/junior school though. During Holy Week (week leading up to Easter Sunday) they made us sit through the epic film Jesus of Nazareth in the school hall. If anyone has seen it they'll know that it's a bit heavy-going and gruesome for little bairns. My brother used to get nightmares after watching it :icon_lol:

101976[/snapback]

ALL OF IT??? :lol: It's about 4 videos!

101967[/snapback]

101976[/snapback]

101984[/snapback]

1 per afternoon from Monday through to Maundy Thursday before we started Easter holidays.

101967[/snapback]

It's all about the symbolism :icon_lol:

Wasn't much fun in our infant/junior school though. During Holy Week (week leading up to Easter Sunday) they made us sit through the epic film Jesus of Nazareth in the school hall. If anyone has seen it they'll know that it's a bit heavy-going and gruesome for little bairns. My brother used to get nightmares after watching it B)

101976[/snapback]

101984[/snapback]

1 per afternoon from Monday through to Maundy Thursday before we started Easter holidays.

102005[/snapback]

We only say the crucifixion part and all the major miracles we had studied.

I always thought it was odd how Robert Powell never blinked in the films. Didn't quite see the significance of it (other than to make him stand out as Jesus I guess). :jerkit:

I don't remember that at all :icon_lol:  I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types.  Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time....  :jerkit:

101981[/snapback]

*Shivers at the thought..... :lol:

I don't remember that at all :angry:  I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types.  Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time....  B)

101981[/snapback]

102015[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I'll pass on your regards to the place :jerkit:

I don't remember that at all :angry:  I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types.  Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time....  B)

101981[/snapback]

102015[/snapback]

102033[/snapback]

*Shivers twice

I don't remember that at all :blush:  I think Our Lady is going to be my best mate this year cos I'm going back to work in Lourdes in the summer with the poorly-types.  Her and that St Bernadette owe me big time....  :angry:

101981[/snapback]

102015[/snapback]

102033[/snapback]

*Shivers twice

102039[/snapback]

Don't worry Pud, after Cath's tour of Australia they may not let her back in for fear of the Jeezebel B)