Crystal Phallus v Graeme Jones’ still shite but rich doylems

Christmas Tree

20 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I had that argument with  a few on NO about that. I just didn't see the towel heads as being racist, for me they were doing it out of enthusiasm, even if it was a bit daft. Now actually calling an arab towel head, that's a different matter.

Support the club not the regime.

Now more than ever.

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The use of it is derogatory in itself. 
Just say Chinese. 

And Stevie was Bernard Manning levels of racist, amongst his other delightful traits.  :lol:

There you go seeing you mentioned him, having a go at the Spanish and Yorkshire in one go....

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Because it’s been used historically in a racist and derogatory way. 

I kind of figured. Just never witnessed it I guess. Ive witnessed derogatory "paki" comments by racists with a dislike for Pakistanis. I don't think I've ever witnessed anybody with a general dislike of the Chinese. Apart from the west in global politics of course.

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I kind of figured. Just never witnessed it I guess. Ive witnessed derogatory "paki" comments by racists with a dislike for Pakistanis. I don't think I've ever witnessed anybody with a general dislike of the Chinese. Apart from the west in global politics of course.

That’s because if you give them any grief they’ll karate-chop you. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I used a term from my childhood "darkie" in a totally ironic sense ( full disclosure: I am one) and they thought it warranted a ban. I did delete it within 5 minutes once a few precious types started tut tutting but the damage had been done. 

So how are we meant to check it out on NO if you deleted it after 5 mins.... just asking like?

Edited by Dougle

12 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I find it worrying that Jones feels BUJ7 has a part to play in our current fight against relegation.Surely a better option would be to play Murphy out of position wide-ish left, to BUJ7 in his preferred/best position ,which is wide-ish left? 

When he came on he actually had an impact making a few good passes. Shocking I know. Probably says more about how poorly our players on the pitch were doing.