Crystal Phallus v Graeme Jones’ still shite but rich doylems

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Unlike RobinRobin, wor Ken occasionally strayed in to shit cunt territory. :lol:

Shiraz- not even once. 

There’s nothing wrong with the odd glass but it’s best not to start at breakfast time like Ken.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

There's a generation where it was acceptable to joke about other cultures without necessarily holding derogatory opinions of them. I guess that because there's always a few who take it too far and beyond a joke then you've got to eradicate it completely. 

I work with lads who will make tongue-in-cheek racist comments who I don't consider racists.

LM used to argue that racism was only racism when it was malicious or had real consequences which I agree with up to a certain point - that point being not very far along the spectrum at all but still. 

Only problem for him is that he was/is a malicious racist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

There’s nothing wrong with the odd glass but it’s best not to start at breakfast time like Ken.

I went to Ireland for a stag do for an Irish mate, Fri-Sun.

We all somehow made it to breakfast in the hotel on Saturday morning, full fry-ups all round, and I’m thinking 

“ If I can keep this down I’ll be good to go the day” 

Then the best man ordered 12 pints of Guinness to go with brekkie. 
883c712fbfe07607104c46e83e44af2d.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

There’s drinks I can imagine being palatable for breakfast. 

Guinness is not one of them :lol: 

If you were feeling rough it would be a better choice than lager. That's just me though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NJS said:

LM used to argue that racism was only racism when it was malicious or had real consequences which I agree with up to a certain point - that point being not very far along the spectrum at all but still. 

Only problem for him is that he was/is a malicious racist. 

Aye, like Stevie was always going down the chinkies. He didn't use it in any sort of derogatory way. I'll admit I don't know why it's seen as offensive. And the daft cunts with tea towel heads, they were doing it as an expression of thanks and appreciation. There has to be intent behind racism for me.

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye, like Stevie was always going down the chinkies. He didn't use it in any sort of derogatory way. I'll admit I don't know why it's seen as offensive. And the daft cunts with tea towel heads, they were doing it as an expression of thanks and appreciation. There has to be intent behind racism for me.

I had that argument with  a few on NO about that. I just didn't see the towel heads as being racist, for me they were doing it out of enthusiasm, even if it was a bit daft. Now actually calling an arab towel head, that's a different matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye, like Stevie was always going down the chinkies. He didn't use it in any sort of derogatory way.

The use of it is derogatory in itself. 
Just say Chinese. 

And Stevie was Bernard Manning levels of racist, amongst his other delightful traits.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The use of it is derogatory in itself. 
Just say Chinese. 

And Stevie was Bernard Manning levels of racist, amongst his other delightful traits.  :lol:

Why is it though? Genuine question. I saw an old episode of Only Fools and Horses the other day and hearing Del Boy mention nipping down to the Paki shop was quite alarming mind  I can understand why that is offensive, it's a word used by racists in a derogatory way. But I've never really heard anybody use chinky to be deliberately offensive. 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff