Jones Cabbage Soup Legacy v Tuchel's Tall Tossers - SJP Sat 15:00

wykikitoon

I was expecting a heavy defeat today and was pleasantly surprised to get as far as we did with a clean sheet. I think Jones plan was to park the bus and then try and nick it with the introduction of Willock and Almiron.

I hope those who think a new manager will make enough of a difference are right. I struggle to see Jesus saving this lot.

Flag in the gallowgate was very good though.

I think Almiron, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar and Willock coming into the team, and Fraser, Darlow, Krafth, Clark and Longstaff being benched could improve us considerably. Even getting Dummett back in and around the team has to be better than what Krafth and Clark are offering. Surely a decent manager would see the utility in having someone who's decent on the ball in Schar in the defence for starters. I mean the amount of times we nearly gave Chelsea the ball on the edge of our box, when trying to play out, should be indication enough that Clark, Krafth et al can't handle playing out from the back. If those players come in and the new manger finds a set up and way to play that suits said players along with ASM and Wilson, and he doesn't play people like Almiron out of position, then we can definitely improve quite a bit. I mean Rafa is a great manager, but if he can get a tune out of what was probably a considerably worse squad, then surely a very decent manager can keep us up. Or should I say keep us at least within touching distance of safety before the January transfer window, when things thereafter could change for the better. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I think Almiron, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar and Willock coming into the team, and Fraser, Darlow, Krafth, Clark and Longstaff being benched could improve us considerably. Even getting Dummett back in and around the team has to be better than what Krafth and Clark are offering. Surely a decent manager would see the utility in having someone who's decent on the ball in Schar in the defence for starters. I mean the amount of times we nearly gave Chelsea the ball on the edge of our box, when trying to play out, should be indication enough that Clark, Krafth et al can't handle playing out from the back. If those players come in and the new manger finds a set up and way to play that suits said players along with ASM and Wilson, and he doesn't play people like Almiron out of position, then we can definitely improve quite a bit. I mean Rafa is a great manager, but if he can get a tune out of what was probably a considerably worse squad, then surely a very decent manager can keep us up. Or should I say keep us at least within touching distance of safety before the January transfer window, when things thereafter could change for the better. 

It's for that reason I am still leaning towards Fonseca. He specifically demands defenders who can carry the ball out and play. It takes a lot of guts to go down that route, and not all managers are capable of it. 

I thought Jones gave very good interviews. Ive been very impressed with how he has carried himself. He hasnt asked to be in this position at all. 

Being 0-0 at half time i thought fair do. 

70%+ position by Chelsea Fuck. Me. At home. 

Edited by wykikitoon

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’ll take your cricket crowd and raise you SJP

(Wasn’t expecting this flicking through the NUFC hashtag on the metro home) :lol: 

5FAD8000-2F8F-45B4-96E0-9DD72D62378E.jpeg

Not plastic enough to be a real Chelsea fan!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

He hasnt asked to be in this position at all. 

Maybe not directly "asked" for it but let's not pretend that he wasn't aware this scenario was a short term possibility. 

I'm not taking a pop at him like, he's conducted himself in a way that suggests he's been preparing for this rather than being blindsided.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Shearer has summed it up right on MOTD. Years of underinvestment and dog shit management. Wright and Jug Ears laughing.  Fucking cunts,

For James’ first goal Wright reckoned ‘you want Newcastle fans to get out there quicker’.

The media really will blame us for everything.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting that he needs glasses when he's at a cricket match, but we never once saw those worn on the touchline at Newcastle...

It's so he didn't have to watch the shite the rest of us had to put up with. 

• Haha 3

That's 8 points dropped out of 9 since the club was sold. I wish we would stop "ramping up the manager search" and just pick someone. The further adrift we are come January the harder it's going to be to convince players to sign for us 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Shearer has summed it up right on MOTD. Years of underinvestment and dog shit management. Wright and Jug Ears laughing.  Fucking cunts,

He's not wrong. Darlow, Richie, Lascelles, Clarke, Hayden, Shelvey, Gayle all stinking the place out since we were relegated 5 years ago. 5 or 6 of them probably in our starting XI too 

• Like 2

I just keep reminding myself that nothing has really changed yet. It's still the same players that can't change until January. It's the same coaches until we pick a manager. We just have to hope when a manager is sorted he gets his coaching staff in and we start trying to work what we have into something effective for the short term.

It was also a game against Chelsea. A depleted Chelsea side but we absolutely fucking stink at football and they don't.

13 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought Jones gave very good interviews. Ive been very impressed with how he has carried himself. He hasnt asked to be in this position at all. 

Being 0-0 at half time i thought fair do. 

70%+ position by Chelsea Fuck. Me. At home. 

Jones started off the post match interview with a makem accent.

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting that he needs glasses when he's at a cricket match, but we never once saw those worn on the touchline at Newcastle...

I think the fact that he was at the cricket match at the same time Newcastle were playing tells exactly where his priorities have always been. We were just easy money for him, he could afford a chauffeur to drive him here from Cheshire on the few occasions he turned up. 

11 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I think the fact that he was at the cricket match at the same time Newcastle were playing tells exactly where his priorities have always been. We were just easy money for him, he could afford a chauffeur to drive him here from Cheshire on the few occasions he turned up. 

To be fair, as soon as Chelsea got their first, it was cricket time for me too. Only difference was I wasn't wearing Junior Soprano's glasses. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

To be fair, as soon as Chelsea got their first, it was cricket time for me too. Only difference was I wasn't wearing Junior Soprano's glasses. 

I know we are laughing about it, but seriously, if he needs glasses, why the fuck wasn't he wearing them when he was manager here? He could at least pretend he was studying the plays. :lol:

1 hour ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I know we are laughing about it, but seriously, if he needs glasses, why the fuck wasn't he wearing them when he was manager here? He could at least pretend he was studying the plays. :lol:

You just know how his logical answer would be a cricket ball is smaller than a football. Simple fucker that he is.

Edited by BetweenTheSticks
Missing word