Jones Cabbage Soup Legacy v Tuchel's Tall Tossers - SJP Sat 15:00

wykikitoon

For the record and to my surprise Fernandez's exclusions from this game and the Palace one were tactical. Jones favours Clark and Krafth in defense over him, and also over Schar. He chose Schar for the bench spot as he sees him as more versatile.

Based on everything I've seen I'd have a fit Fede as the first choice defender. Not only do I believe that he is our most consistent defender but he's also one of the best on the ball and generally doesn't make many errors. But what would I know.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 17:29, wykikitoon said:

Come on @The Fishtell us why we will be safe. I need your comfort blanket zen

We're 6 points off safety, right? Two rounds of fixtures and we could be level. We have 28 games left. We were never going to win this game. Divint worry man.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We're 6 points off safety, right? Two rounds of fixtures and we could be level. We have 28 games left. We were never going to win this game. Divint worry man.

The biggest worry is not from losing this game, it's from barely being able to string two passes together and most of our players appearing to have the composure of Boumsong or Peter Ramage or BUJ7 on the ball.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

we're going to need a run of wins to get back into mid table security which looks increasingly unlikely given our run of fixtures, lack of manager and truly terrible players. now excuse me while try to wring my sheets 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, OTF said:

The biggest worry is not from losing this game, it's from barely being able to string two passes together and most of our players appearing to have the composure of Boumsong or Peter Ramage or BUJ7 on the ball.

That's a lack of confidence/coaching. The kind of managers we've been linked with will sort that shit out.

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we're going to need a run of wins to get back into mid table security which looks increasingly unlikely given our run of fixtures, lack of manager and truly terrible players. now excuse me while try to wring my sheets 

A run of wins, a run of draws. We managed it under Bruce ffs.

We don't need to get back to midtable though we just need to not be adrift by January. If we're within 2 or 3 points of 17th when the money starts to make itself felt, we'll be fine.

1.21 points per game gets us to 38 points and probable safety. Steve Bruce's lifetime PL record is 1.13 points, so we only need someone to come in and get their cabbage on plus a little bit extra, and we'll be just about there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Burnley, Watford and Leeds aren't much cop this season either. Even Villa have been pretty shocking compared to last season. Villa will likely pull clear, but Leeds seem to be experiencing second season syndrome. 

There is only Norwich who I fancy to finish below us. I can see Leeds getting their act together. Burnley always find a way to survive. Let’s be frank lads. We are right in the shit 

• Like 1

If it's easier, just accept that we're going down. It's not going to matter much in the overall scheme of things since the new owners will need a few years to get us ticking anyway. This season just doesn't matter all that much compared to having been taken over full stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

If it's easier, just accept that we're going down. It's not going to matter much in the overall scheme of things since the new owners will need a few years to get us ticking anyway. This season just doesn't matter all that much compared to having been taken over full stop.

There’s actually something quite appealing about the idea of spunking a fortune after relegation, building a side to win promotion at the first time of asking them taking the PL by storm in our first season - think that back to  top season review video from the ear 90s when Cole was scoring goals for fun 

• Like 1