Brighton Rock Suckers v Jones who puts out the Cones

wykikitoon

from the way we started a point isnt so bad in the end, that first half was so bad we could have easily been 2/3 down to a more clinical side. much work to do for howe, these next 4 games could honestly be make or break for us at this point because our run over the christmas break is fucking aids 

Edited by 247

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Nice to see us make a tactical shift that actually worked for once. Shame about how ultra-defensive we were in the first place, like

Tactical shift was like, "OK lads now put in a bit of effort and actually run".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

No,you weren’t.We both know that.Apology accepted.

27 minutes ago, 247 said:

yes as opposed to keeping shelvey on who has made the difference in every game hes played

now run along back to rtg 

Edited by 247

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

You’re struggling mate.Is that hole not big enough? You’re only get yourself upset.

i know you're a bit slow so i wont bully you but there is a 97.8% chance that you stink so get yourself upstairs and have a wash petal 

Edited by 247
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

Says a lot about Bruce that fucking Conesy managed to accrue almost the same amount of points from 3 games that Bruce did in 8. 

It does really. I think others have said Jones looks like a good coach who struggles a bit with the bigger picture. And the ultra defensive approach smacks a little bit of someone either lacking a bit in ideas or confidence perhaps. But you can see where he’s coming from, ie if we’re hard to beat, we’ve got a chance. He’s picked up as many points as you could probably have hoped for in those games in charge and the last 30 minutes gives us something to work with. Definitely time for the few man to cone in and inject some new ideas and impetus but, like you say, he’s done  better than the managerial legend he’s taken over from. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ah well, today is the lowest ebb and ideal for Ken to step in and save us.

There's not enough red wine in the world for that to happen, plus he'd be stumbling in, not stepping.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ah well, today is the lowest ebb and ideal for Ken to step in and save us.

Ken? 
That would be something :lol:

Players-“What shape are we playing boss?”

Ken- ” Fuggen Shiraz, cunts”

• Haha 3

Just now, Alex said:

It does really. I think others have said Jones looks like a good coach who struggles a bit with the bigger picture. And the ultra defensive approach smacks a little bit of someone either lacking a bit in ideas or confidence perhaps. But you can see where he’s coming from, ie if we’re hard to beat, we’ve got a chance. He’s picked up as many points as you could probably have hoped for in those games in charge and the last 30 minutes gives us something to work with. Results-wise we’ve probably done as well as you could reasonably hope in his games in charge. Definitely time for the few man to cone in and inject some new ideas and impetus but, like you say, he’s done  better than the managerial legend he’s taken over from. 

Depressingly that second half was arguably our best of the season :lol: as shit as it was, I struggle to remember one better this season. At least we had some passages of play where our players completed passes to one another. 

As bleak as it’s looking we still have 27 games and the added benefit that we have money to spend and improve the team in January. If we can keep within 6 points of 17th by January we will be safe come the end of the season as I’d back Howe with a big transfer budget to better the shite sides in those spots by 2 wins over the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

It does really. I think others have said Jones looks like a good coach who struggles a bit with the bigger picture. And the ultra defensive approach smacks a little bit of someone either lacking a bit in ideas or confidence perhaps. But you can see where he’s coming from, ie if we’re hard to beat, we’ve got a chance. He’s picked up as many points as you could probably have hoped for in those games in charge and the last 30 minutes gives us something to work with. Definitely time for the few man to cone in and inject some new ideas and impetus but, like you say, he’s done  better than the managerial legend he’s taken over from. 

I don't have much problem with the defensive shape tbh, it's what these players have been schooled in for the last 5 years. But there doesn't seem to be much thought given how to counter effectively. This is what the likes of Rafa probably spent most of his time addressing and setting up. But you need good passers from the back to do it, and Jones doesn't fancy the ones who can do it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think he just concentrated on getting us fit and hard to beat again. He knew it was short term and it was the right approach from where we were in a period of uncertainty. I'd have done the same.

We've played 11, and of the 27 remaining, I think there's 11 where we get nothing. 16 games with some points in them. We are going to have to battle to get through this season. 

Officially the worst start to a season in the clubs history. Given the December fixtures we are getting into "the great escape" territory.

Makes it a tougher job to convince decent players to sign for us in January. 

Brentford, Norwich and Burnley in the next 4 games. Need at least 7 points out of those 3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Depressingly that second half was arguably our best of the season :lol: as shit as it was, I struggle to remember one better this season. At least we had some passages of play where our players completed passes to one another. 

As bleak as it’s looking we still have 27 games and the added benefit that we have money to spend and improve the team in January. If we can keep within 6 points of 17th by January we will be safe come the end of the season as I’d back Howe with a big transfer budget to better the shite sides in those spots by 2 wins over the rest of the season. 

Howe will prove to be an amazing appointment. The players are limited but capable under a capable manager, I'm thankful it's happened in November. We'll look ready to push on in a few months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We need to announce howe and he needs the cunts in grafting all international break

might be a blessing actually, hes got 2 weeks to drill these cunts and get them as up to speed as possible for the brentford game

• Like 1