Brighton Rock Suckers v Jones who puts out the Cones

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

We've played 11, and of the 27 remaining, I think there's 11 where we get nothing. 16 games with some points in them. We are going to have to battle to get through this season. 

I think a lot of people are complacent to the fact we had a lot of our easier fixtures up front in the early part of the season. I still think we will be ok with good coaching and the January window, but it's hard to stress just how disastrous the Bruce appointment has been. 

• Like 1

Well that was some dour shit. At least there was a bit of desire to get the ball in the second half. Fucked if they knew what to do with it most of the time when they did get it, but they did seem to identify that the ball is in fact the main part of the game. Good for them.

Howe has his work cut out for him. This team is fuckin' bad.

I don't really understand the 'stay solid and defend' strategy that we seem to adopt so often these days. Our back line and midfield of dopey plodders are never going to defend stoutly for 90 minutes. It's pure ass that we survived at 0-1 as long as we did. We really should've been 2-3 down at half time and been completely out of it. Second half was better with the attitude shift and I like that we went for the win once we levelled. Showed a bit of something. If only Wilson could've stayed up or missed the ankle tap we'd have absolutely mugged them. As it was we didn't deserve the point we desperately needed and got. Ho hum. Take what we get at this point.

Side note: Shelvey is fuckin crap. They had that cyclopes looking cunt in goal with an outfit that looked like he'd mugged the ball boy for it and Shelvey floats one to the back stick. Fuck me dead. I said to those around me the second the red was shown, we won't get a shot at goal. And no surprises. Zero awareness of the situation. It really is a team that lacks in almost every department. We actually look okay in terms of finishing with Wilson, but I'm expecting him on WorldVision because there's fuck all help available around him. ASM looks a footballer but cannot find a pass save himself. The entire defence looks like they'd still concede goals during a phantom session on the training ground. And Shelvey looks and plays like someone whose come off the bench from a palliative care unit for a last run out before his big meeting with the light.

Anyway, hopefully that's the end of the worst of it for the season. Two weeks to get things in order at training for Howe and come back with a better approach to things.

• Like 1

We were 1 v 0 down and we had a corner in the second half and Shelvey walked across to take it at a speed you would walk across if you were 1 v 0 up and playing in added on time.That incident alone suggested he doesn’t give a toss about our current situation and his professionalism.I’d like to think Little Ed spotted it and ditches the lazy cockney bastard.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

We were 1 v 0 down and we had a corner in the second half and Shelvey walked across to take it at a speed you would walk across if you were 1 v 0 up and playing in added on time.That incident alone suggested he doesn’t give a toss about our current situation and his professionalism.I’d like to think Little Ed spotted it and ditches the lazy cockney bastard.

He still did a lot better than what we have. Beggars and choosers.

31 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Wouldn’t have a clue in terms of making a comparison to be honest. Although losing at home to Mansfield suggests you’re right 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

I mean he's obviously going to be better than anything you have, you're in League One. 

You're more than welcome to him fwiw.

• Haha 2

Richie’s corner in the last minute with a stand in keeper in goal and Shelvey’s free kick near the end with a stand in keeper in goal.

I cannot think of any incidents of worse decision making whilst watching Newcastle United Football Club when you take into consideration the time they both had to decide what the best option was.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, trooper said:

Next 3 games 

Brentford 20th Nov

Arsenal 27th Nov on BT

Norwich 30th Nov on Amazon

We've got to be getting something from these as the December run is awful

make or break

Last season 29 points would have avoided relegation. On that basis we would need a further 24 points from 27 games which would would mean we need 0.88 points per game. If we base survival on 40 points that figure equates to just shy of 1.30 points per game. Using either points total we need a point per game as things stand