Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

We're going to beat Brentford, they looked very poor against Norwich and I really don't think our team is anywhere near as bad as they've been made to look. With some proper organisation and confidence, we should win.

Season starts here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We're going to beat Brentford, they looked very poor against Norwich and I really don't think our team is anywhere near as bad as they've been made to look. With some proper organisation and confidence, we should win.

Season starts here.

I hope you’re right.

With a 2 week break, expectations are going to be through the roof come this match.

I so want to believe that a change to a more attacking formation and better tactics will be enough, but bloody hell he’s got some work to do in a very short space of time. 

With the players having an easy ride regarding tactics, training etc under Cabbage. Its going to be a bloody big shock when there's not extra days off.needing to turn up on time & actually listening to the manager.. Apparently the mild mannered bloke who does interviews isn't the same one on the training ground. Ritchie, Fraser & Wilson will have no doubt briefed the other players about that. 

47 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I was reading this morning we've never started the season without a win in the first 12 games, and only 2 teams have survived previously without a win in their first 12. We need 3 points. 

In our favour no team has ever started a season with a part time manager with such an appalling record.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I was reading this morning we've never started the season without a win in the first 12 games, and only 2 teams have survived previously without a win in their first 12. We need 3 points. 

You’ll beat Brentford and Norwich. you’ll still be in the bottom 3 but it’ll be a much smaller gap. 

Arsenal seem to have sorted themselves out from the start of the season so don’t even fancy you for a draw there 

Despite Brentford’s good start they might be one of the teams we need to finish above to come 17th or better. Can’t say I fancy us to win this ( or any other) match at the minute like. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Despite Brentford’s good start they might be one of the teams we need to finish above to come 17th or better. Can’t say I fancy us to win this ( or any other) match at the minute like. 

They seem to have rode their luck and are dropping off now. 
this is the perfect time for you to play them. You have the new manager feel, while they seem to have ride their luck a little and are dropping off 

Just now, safcforever said:

this is the perfect time for you to play them. You have the new manager feel, while they seem to have ride their luck a little and are dropping off 

Do you think they’ve ridden their luck and now they’re dropping off a bit? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Totally agree.

They're still a decent threat going forward. Before the last two games they have played Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham.

Just now, Alex said:

Do you think they’ve ridden their luck and now they’re dropping off a bit? 

I don't think he's saying that.

What he's saying is they've ridden their luck and are now dropping off a bit.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, safcforever said:

Too much riding in this post  marra

Edited by trooper

I think Brentford have ridden their luck and are dropping off a bit now. 

Thankfully none of our players are convicted paedophiles, which leads me to think Brentford have ridden their luck and are dropping off a bit now. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1