Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

So, tried to control myself all week but have today sadly woken up like a small child two days before Christmas. 

From simply hoping to see a team that at least tries on Saturday, I have now now fell down the rabbit hole of a Keeganesque performance, wrapped in a win that starts a superb run of results.

Im even imagining all sorts of scenarios such as proper pressing of the ball, Almiron and Maxi laying on chance after chance for Wilson and Joe to convert like plucking ripe apples off a tree.

I feel I am just hours away from placing lots of silly scorecast bets, digging out a Newcastle shirt to wear at the match, only to rip it off when the first goal goes in and dancing in naked abandon for the match of the day cameras.

Help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I feel I am just hours away from placing lots of silly scorecast bets

If you're going to be on Betfair, be a dear and let me know exactly when please. Cheers :good: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

So, tried to control myself all week but have today sadly woken up like a small child two days before Christmas. 

From simply hoping to see a team that at least tries on Saturday, I have now now fell down the rabbit hole of a Keeganesque performance, wrapped in a win that starts a superb run of results.

Im even imagining all sorts of scenarios such as proper pressing of the ball, Almiron and Maxi laying on chance after chance for Wilson and Joe to convert like plucking ripe apples off a tree.

I feel I am just hours away from placing lots of silly scorecast bets, digging out a Newcastle shirt to wear at the match, only to rip it off when the first goal goes in and dancing in naked abandon for the match of the day cameras.

Help!

calm your passion - it's still the same shit group of players 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Too late. Away with the fairies :lol:

Its like I will always love you in The Bodyguard. Same words, same tune, but Whitney’s version is another level from Dolly’s.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Too late. Away with the fairies :lol:

Its like I will always love you in The Bodyguard. Same words, same tune, but Whitney’s version is another level from Dolly’s.

I hope you mean a much lower level or we'll have to have words

• Haha 4

Must admit I'm really looking forward to how we line up in our first game under Howe. I can't see us sitting back like we've done for the past 5 years, but at the same time I don't think we are going to be transformed by two weeks of training properly. Will be fascinating to see which players adapt quicker, although I can already imagine it will be the likes of Ritchie and Wilson, but also maybe Hayden and Lewis if and when he gets a run in the team.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Lets face it though......a chimpanzee would do a better job than Cabbage head....and they aren't all shit they've just been coached to play shit by him so I expect a few big performances from certain players and expect to see Dubravka in goal

Apparently, I’m going to this. Just remembered. The apathy is going to take some shaking off by the looks of it

Edited by Alex

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apparently, I’m going to this. Just remembered. The apathy is going to take some shaking off by the looks of it

Yeh it’s 14 years of apathy I suppose. 

I’ve had the odd feeling of joy in the last few weeks and I’m happy with Howe but I’m not sure I’ll ever recapture the connection I had with the club pre-Ashley. 

Also we’ve got the old human rights issues lurking in the shadows like a theocratic mad man with a bonesaw and a ticket for the directors box.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You'd have thought he'd have learned that after trudging through the 80s :cuppa:

He trudged through the South Shields showroom of DFS like Crocket from Miami Vice, 'The match? Suckers be going to canon league division one games and this sofa doyen ain't no sucker.'

• Haha 4

First three months as a trainee accountant, I was doing away jobs. Full English 4 days a week plus restaurant meals and drink on the night time. I put about two stone on in that three months that I've never fully lost since. 

So no, that didn't look like me. :lol:

• Haha 1