Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

11 hours ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I do believe we can still avoid the drop, but it's a massive job with our remaining fixture list. Bruce and Ashley more or less guaranteed our relegation before the takeover, this is going to need a bigger turnaround than when Keegan took over from Fat Sam back in 2008. 

We. 🧐

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Went to NINE for the match, went to the bar at 1-1 and still wasn’t served by the time it was 2-2. Sort it out, Staveley 

Should have went to The Labour Club. Served between 1-0 and 1-1. (Yes,they show it there) Cheaper and 100% better beer. 

There still seems to be an obvious issue with his composure in front of goal. The amount of times he falls on his arse when he's under pressure in one on one's, or more or less one on one's, points to things other than a lack of balance. I'm not sure if you can coach that out of someone, or if a few goals will build his confidence sufficiently. The goals that he has scored have generally been in a busy box without too much time to think, as opposed to the aforementioned type of scenarios.

Edited by Polarboy

I said at halftime on Saturday that he’s much better when he doesn’t have time to think. It applies to most players like to greater or lesser extent. But it particularly applies to BUJ007SMB

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Polarboy said:

There still seems to be an obvious issue with his composure in front of goal. The amount of times he falls on his arse when he's under pressure in one on one's, or more or less one on one's, points to things other than a lack of balance. I'm not sure if you can coach that out of someone, or if a few goals will build his confidence sufficiently. The goals that he has scored have generally been in a busy box without too much time to think, as opposed to the aforementioned type of scenarios.

He's never going to be an instinctive striker, I think Howe is playing him more for his link play and general nuisance value. He's a weird one, sometimes he can look absolute class, then then next minute he's falling over the ball. 

5 hours ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

He's never going to be an instinctive striker, I think Howe is playing him more for his link play and general nuisance value. He's a weird one, sometimes he can look absolute class, then then next minute he's falling over the ball. 

Brentford was, for me, the first time he's been played in a system that fits him well. Don't think it necessarily fits everyone else well, but if he's going to be even a moderate 'success' here we'll need to play something like that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The club has put out a training video on its YouTube channel with a lot of Dubravka featuring in nets.

The other thing to point out is that Wilson has a canny bit of tape on his calf. 

They did similar with showing a lot of Willock

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Elliott Anderson given a go tbh

Came off injured for the U23s tonight and a minute later they called the game off because of the weather :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1