Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Darlow is terrifying. 

Aye he deserves a large share of the blame today. Shaky as fuck from the off. Positive but frustrating game, we deserved to win but our errors at the back gifted them goals. Nice to see us on the front foot and hopefully we grow from here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm alright with that after 10 days training with them. There's reason to be hopeful at least. 

Defending was insane at time, but with Dubravka in goal we win that match. 

Absolutley.

We fought great but we were very unlucky. This game deserved 3 points. Totally wasted. Darlow just fucked up.

Regardless, thanks to the coach for adding character to the team. I look to the future with more hope.

• Like 1

Get Dubravka and Fraser into the team and we might actually do something. Fraser didn't put a foot wrong in his albeit short introduction, he looked well up for it, and even helped prevent a likely goal to add to his assist. If we can get Fraser back to his best form at Bournemouth he'll be a big asset. Big Joe is the physical embodiment of schizophrenia. More often than not he turns into an 80 year old granny when he gets into the opposition box. But aye, surely the added assuredness of Dubravka in nets will help us out at least somewhat. As bad as some of our defenders our, it can't help their nerves and subsequent performances, when they're likely thinking in the back of their minds that Darlow could drop a bollock at any time. Of course Norwich and Watford has left a really shitty taste in the mouth. Not that a draw was really acceptable today regardless of other results. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure if Brentford were just gassed by the time we made the formation change when Longstaff and Fraser came on or if the diff formation actually shored us up a bit defensively

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think you've got to forget what other teams are doing, and just focus on a point target which you know will keep you up. 

1.2 points per game gets us there, and we were a bit short today. 

I don’t know if it does now, 1.2 a game from now would leave us on about 37 points

1.5 per game would leave us with 45 points, which in almost any season would have us safe

Edited by 247

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think you've got to forget what other teams are doing, and just focus on a point target which you know will keep you up. 

1.2 points per game gets us there, and we were a bit short today. 

Yep. It's just our bad luck that a lot of our easier fixtures were in the first couple of months when Bruce was running a holiday camp. Put Howe in charge at the beginning of the season and we wouldn't be here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

I don’t know if it does now, 1.2 a game from now would leave us on about 37 points

1.5 per game would leave us with 45 points, which in almost any season would have us safe

I reckon 38 will be enough. 1.2something per game. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I reckon 38 will be enough. 1.2something per game. 

Hopefully, somewhere inbetween the two should defo be enough so 40/41 

We need a fucking win soon regardless :lol:

Edited by 247
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Despite the fuck up's defensivly, I am positive.  First half BUJ7 was great as was Shelvey.  Willock I would say was ok, but nothing spectacular.  Maybe it's lack of match sharpness. 

Agree with this, we’re hard up points wise thanks to the worst manager in PL history phoning it in but that was very positive after 10 days training. 23 shots with 9 on target, I really can’t remember the last time we come close to that. Obviously we really needed a win but it’s so positive to see players most have wrote off because of how bad they’ve been coached looking capable. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Despite the fuck up's defensivly, I am positive.  First half BUJ7 was great as was Shelvey.  Willock I would say was ok, but nothing spectacular.  Maybe it's lack of match sharpness. 

Willock is a central midfielder, while it's great that he can score goals, he has to be bossing games first and foremost, that's what being a central midfielder is all about. You have to do the dirty work as well as apply the finishing touches. That would be the concern of a Shelvey/Willock pairing, neither are going to give the defence much protection. 

• Like 1

On a positive for you. You took the game to them and really attacked. I think that’s the first time this season you’ve been the team on top most of the match. 

on a negative. If you aren’t hearing Norwich and Brentford, then where do you get your wins? 

This is probably the biggest transfer window for Newcastle in 25 years.