Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

I'm interested to see, over the course of several games I suppose, how much Howe has improved versus his time at Bournemouth - sounds like he's spent the last year or so really researching and working on his own style, exploring new ideas etc. The iteration of Howe that we see could be quite different to what was on show in the past.

I really hope we get this fucking win though, would do everyone the world of good.

• Like 1

Without stepping into the Shelvey wars, I do think if we are more attacking and more spread out, he will be ideal from an attacking point of view (until better is available).

Hardly too surprising he’s been dogshit given our surrender style of play.

Literally can’t wait for tomorrow.

In fairness the last time Shelvey looked decent for any extended period of time was during the era of Laudrup and then Monk at Swansea, who both really just kept, or tried to keep, what Rogers had created in terms of a football philosophy i.e. progressive football with pressing and a high line. I'm getting dangerously close to backing Clarko up, so I'll stop there and say that the baldy cunt will likely let Howe down 😉

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

In fairness the last time Shelvey looked decent for any extended period of time was during the era of Laudrup and then Monk at Swansea, who both really just kept, or tried to keep, what Rogers had created in terms of a football philosophy i.e. progressive football with pressing and a high line. I'm getting dangerously close to backing Clarko up, so I'll stop there and say that the baldy cunt will likely let Howe down 😉

managed to let his mate bruce down within 23 minutes of coming on v spurs and he liked that fat twat!

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Maybe (most probably not), Shelvey is the sort of player that needs an arm around him.  Telling him he's important etc and he's the sort of player that once being told this, he starts putting the effort in.

Maybe

No, he just needs to up his fitness levels to modern day standards. This is something he himself has admitted he needs to do. Howe is right that Shelvey is technically one of our most accomplished midfielders...by some distance. But anyone playing in a Howe side will have to have a pretty high level of fitness. Shelvey won't be able to get away with 60 mins of ambling around the pitch, then feet up for the last half hour. 

Let's see how long Shelvey lasts. He had spells with Rafa where he looked decent, then he seems to lose hunger for the game, or maybe he just can't resist a few cans after training. We'll find out I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Our fans man :lol: 

Might have thought he was an insulate Britain protestor. 

Poor bloke probably just wanted to get home.

:lol:

Wanted to get home to kiss his Brewcie picture because nasty wasty Howe is making him sweat.

Fanny

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Grown lads man, how many days is that sad act going to stand outside that fence. Fucking content ffs :lol: :lol: 

“Here’s me stood next to a worried looking Eddie Howe….again! I wonder what’s upset him haha, I only want a lock of hair for content man!”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

It's going to get to the point where they'll give him a signed shirt and tell him to fuck off.

:lol: In days gone by before social media someone would've went outside and told him to fuck off long ago and done it in a threatening manner. Now your route's more likely. 

• Haha 3

Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe will be absent from the club’s next Premier League match after testing positive for Covid-19 during a routine test on Friday

Edited by trooper

11 hours ago, trooper said:

Newcastle head coach Eddie Howe will be absent from the club’s next Premier League match after testing positive for Covid-19 during a routine test on Friday

Big 4 6 18 getting their revenge?