Fede The Mole Must Start v Carrot Crunching Remainers - LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fine margins though. Giving away last minute penalties. Murphy missing a 1 on 1 in the last minute. Clark getting sent off. Darlow chucking balls in his own net.

We could have turned 4 or 5 of those draws into wins if not for individual errors. And I appreciate the league table doesn't work like that, but we look a better bet than when we went down under McLaren. A couple of quality players might make all the difference and turn those draws into wins in the 2nd half of the season. Which is why it's important not to allow to big a gap to open up!

Could have, would have, should have. 

The thing is shit teams with shit coaches regularly make those types of mistakes. It will take a bit to coach them out of it (or an influx of better players) before we stop making so many of them. 

On the plus side, I saw enough from yesterday to suggest that what Howe is doing on the training ground is working. The players never gave up, albeit against a rank Norwich side, and could have even nicked a win.

But the first win needs to happen at Burnley and we need to pick up some points in December from our toughest run of fixtures so far this season. Feels like we've left ourselves with too much to do. Hope I'm wrong (I was last time so I'll keep my negativity going and hope Fish is proven right once again) 

19 hours ago, Renton said:

But all teams have to change personnel after losing a player, so not sure what your point is?Maybe this is a game where it looked better on TV than in real life. But being there after the first 10 minutes I really don't think we threatened at all. Also backed up by the stats  I dunno, 14 games without a win tells its own story. Need to stop the rot on Saturday now. 

I agree with your point about the sub for a red card but it is not always the case. If Fraser, Willock etc had been sent off the chances of a change would be reduced further. I was also thinking about the timing of a change, which I know would effect every team the same way. Having to make a sub on 10 minutes alongside the loss of a player is vastly different to if it happened later in the game. We had to change a system and set up from what was an attack minded approach to a soaking the pressure approach. The incident and substitution later in the game would have at least taken off a player with less legs. We may not have threatened but neither did they as they didn't get close enough. We had to play more conservative as the press of the Norwich players meant the energy required to be more forward thinking wouldn't have been sustainable to match for 80 minutes with 1 fewer players. I agree 14 games without a win tells a story but it doesn't reflect all the dimensions of what we have been through in the last three games or the fact that we have managed to finally shift Bruce. I only got to watch on the TV but there are so many positives to take away from it. I don't think it is great but I think we are so far removed from the Tottenham game that I feel we will pick up points. I also think Howe will drill the player to a level that will reduce the errors and we won't always be punished. We were lucky with the Fab mistake at the end. Howe has only really had a few weeks of face to face work with the players. I also felt we could get a goal against Arsenal. I think Arsenal were the better team and deserved the win  but we were so much improved.

• Like 1

Can I also point out that Wilson was a far better captain than TOT has ever been. Between Ferd's organising of the defence and Wilson's lead by example, Lacelles should be nowhere near the starting 11 again.

• Like 4

Watford lost tonight and they've got City at the weekend. Beat Burnley and we could be 3 points from safety. Leicester game after that isn't a write off either as they've been shite recently. We are running out of chances to close the gap though 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Complete with his eBay Sunflower lanyard to show the world his "hidden disability."

ie: he's a proper cunt who doesn't want to wear a mask 

Nice.  Do you know the bloke? Or his personal circumstances? Or are you just reacting to him stealing a football worth less than the price of a ticket.

11 hours ago, Dougle said:

Nice.  Do you know the bloke? Or his personal circumstances? Or are you just reacting to him stealing a football worth less than the price of a ticket.

Deleted as I may have been harsh. I've had a few prats on my Facebook timeline telling people where to buy them as a way of getting around wearing a mask and it winds me up. There are really very few reasons someone can't wear a mask. 

31 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

And, if you can’t wear a mask, there’s visors. 

No reason anyone fit enough to jump up and argue at a match can’t wear one or the other. 

My cousin is fit and healthy physically but when he wears a mask he gets anxiety.  He isn't as bad with a visor but still causes him panic.

It's the bell ends who use the things as an excuse.  Easy to judge though.  But, this kid does seem a sandwich short of a picnic :lol: