Fede The Mole Must Start v Carrot Crunching Remainers - LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!

wykikitoon

1 minute ago, Alex said:

We looked outnumbered after we were literally outnumbered? 

Yeah, to a greater extent than 10 vs 11 would suggest. We had no outlet, more so after Howe replaced  SM only for us to go a goal down 3 minutes later. We can speculate what if Clark hadn't been sent off but seems a bot pointless really.

2 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

The difference with Norwich is they are now pressing far more than they have before. This, when we went a player down is going to make a big difference. We also didn't just play 80 mins with 1 less player, we had to sub off Fraser to cover it. This limited our ability to make changes when fatigue was setting in. 

But all teams have to change personnel after losing a player, so not sure what your point is?Maybe this is a game where it looked better on TV than in real life. But being there after the first 10 minutes I really don't think we threatened at all. Also backed up by the stats  I dunno, 14 games without a win tells its own story. Need to stop the rot on Saturday now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

percy arms for me, hope to be there in 20 minutes. should wander in and spot someone who makes the average tramp look dapper, that'll probably be me!

No Percy arms for me tonight.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

WIllock decent graft tonight after a poor start.

I thought he was poor tonight, was definitely not alone. Strange as most grafted their nuts off but the lack of quality stands out,.....yet...... We'd beat these tonight but for Clarke having a brain fart. No doubt having watched them live that they're up for the fight, also no doubt there's a few of them who are woefully out of their depth. ASM is all over the place, willock was painful to watch, Fraser was subbed after the red card but should be nowhere near the team, he's fucking atrocious, Lewis looks weak but gets no support whatsoever, least said about Clark the better, Schar is an accident waiting to happen. Yet..... I think they grafted their arses off....... against Norwich. Not looking good. We'd have beat them tonight 11 v 11 but we're really are that shit. ASM by the way, hit that low to the keepers right, it misses and I forgive you, put it in the Gallowgate then fuck off. The only, and I mean ONLY chance is a superb transfer window. We're fucked. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No Percy arms for me tonight.

I thought he was poor tonight, was definitely not alone. Strange as most grafted their nuts off but the lack of quality stands out,.....yet...... We'd beat these tonight but for Clarke having a brain fart. No doubt having watched them live that they're up for the fight, also no doubt there's a few of them who are woefully out of their depth. ASM is all over the place, willock was painful to watch, Fraser was subbed after the red card but should be nowhere near the team, he's fucking atrocious, Lewis looks weak but gets no support whatsoever, least said about Clark the better, Schar is an accident waiting to happen. Yet..... I think they grafted their arses off....... against Norwich. Not looking good. We'd have beat them tonight 11 v 11 but we're really are that shit. ASM by the way, hit that low to the keepers right, it misses and I forgive you, put it in the Gallowgate then fuck off. The only, and I mean ONLY chance is a superb transfer window. We're fucked. 

Nice rant very true about Lewis he gets no support when he has the ball, which often does not end well.

Strange game to watch this. Loved the graft after going down. Joelinton could very well be the next Makelele. Other ones that were decent were Fede and the full backs I thought. There was little other encouragement quality wise. We are truly shite. Says a lot about Norwich too, we rarely looked in trouble and both the red card and goal were self inflicted. 

What can you say, not sure how to feel. Not a bad effort getting a point playing nearly the whole game a man down but you can't shake the feeling that WE ARE FOOKED. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

ASM by the way, hit that low to the keepers right, it misses and I forgive you, put it in the Gallowgate then fuck off. 

That was an awful lash he took at the ball. Have to get that on target and it could've killed the game. There's no composure to him at all and I'll be fucked if I've seen him play a single quality pass. Not to hate on him too much as he's clearly our best player but he's certainly lacking in some critical areas. As does anyone we've signed in the past 15 years that comes with that sort of potential quality to their game. There's always something obvious missing. It'll be nice when we start signing players that don't fit that 'Natural Ability less Something Fundamental for their Position' type quality that we've been stuck with for so long. Whether it's temperament, attitude, fitness, or some technical deficiency it's so tiresome to deal with players who could be great but for x.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Just back now, went 3 or 4 pages back, replying to this before reading the rest. There's hardly any positives really is there? We were dog shit and worse than the worst team in the league.

However, I said before this was binary and don't win and we are relegated. But I've just checked the table. We beat Burnley, Norwich lose (whoever they ate playing), maybe Watford don't win, and it does look better in 18th place. Next game really is must win. 

No offence but finding positives isn't really your thing, is it? We absolutely weren't the worse team, even with 10 men to their 11, for a start. 

• Haha 1

The worry for me now, is Lascelles is going to come back.  So is that Fede and Lascelles at the back or will he drop Fede?  If he doesn't start that back four against Burnley, Howe is being led by Jones. Howe cannot be blind to see Fede was boss tonight when he came on.  Him and Schar (despite Schars brain fart) calmed the back down and didn't look uncomfortable once.  

It just shows you too, under Bruce no way do we have the fitness to run around like that for 80 minutes with 10 men.  Infact, with 11 men we would be gassed at Half Time.

Big Joe too, what a fucking machine.  Eddie, get the lads in today and let them all have a S&C day.  massages, stretching, chill.  Expect for Clark.  Make him lick the toilets and the floors.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

No offence but finding positives isn't really your thing, is it? We absolutely weren't the worse team, even with 10 men to their 11, for a start. 

Well, according to the stats they had more than twice our possession and had 6 shots on target versus our 1 shot, not that any of them troubled Dubravka. There was a big improvement in effort and fitness from us but not quality. We didn't score from open play, they did. Reality is both teams were poor and most likely both will go down. 

That's not negative, it's objective. And tbh I don't feel that invested to really care that much anyway. We simply have to win on Saturday though to have any chance at all, but if we do, things may look different. Will we? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Gutting.

At least they tried but frankly, I think we're stuffed. December is going to be brutal.

Yes, you have to applaud the effort from the players and for how Howe has got them organised but we are left with an almost impossible job. It will an extraordinary achievement if we survive from here. No team without a win after 14 games has ever done it before.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No team without a win after 14 games has ever done it before.

That stat is pretty irrelevant without context. I believe there are two other sides without a win in their first 14 games. One was Sheffield United who had two points after 14 and was Swindon with five points. Looking at our performances this season there's no way we're as hopeless as those two. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

That stat is pretty irrelevant without context. I believe there are two other sides without a win in their first 14 games. One was Sheffield United who had two points after 14 and was Swindon with five points. Looking at our performances this season there's no way we're as hopeless as those two. 

But those two teams didn’t survive right? Or was it pre-premier league when there were more games? 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

The worry for me now, is Lascelles is going to come back.  So is that Fede and Lascelles at the back or will he drop Fede?  If he doesn't start that back four against Burnley, Howe is being led by Jones. Howe cannot be blind to see Fede was boss tonight when he came on.  Him and Schar (despite Schars brain fart) calmed the back down and didn't look uncomfortable once.  

It just shows you too, under Bruce no way do we have the fitness to run around like that for 80 minutes with 10 men.  Infact, with 11 men we would be gassed at Half Time.

Because Norwich sat quite deep, until we scored at least, perhaps it wasn’t the best way to judge Fernández. Despite that I thought he was as good as anyone for us. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

But those two teams didn’t survive right? Or was it pre-premier league when there were more games? 

They didn't survive because they were shite. We aren't that level of shite. How often this season have you watched us and said we were completely out of the game? You could probably count them on one hand.

That Norwich side are going down. Watford have a shite manager and injuries to key players. Villa are going to be in the mix imo. Burnley are the turd that could finally be flushed. Palace's good early form is starting to peter out. Brentford and Brighton's form has gone to shit.

There will be other candidates dragged into the relegation battle. But what gives me most hope is that this is the same squad that won five of our last eight matches at the end of last season under Steve fucking Bruce. We are capable of winning and with a better manager and new blood in January our future is very much in our own hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Dubravka was poor for his part in their goal. Did the same parry away at Arsenal that Aubameyang contrived to miss from 1 yard. Said it before - the first £££ spent on Jan 1 should be on a keeper. 

Agree with that re: the goal although he pulled us out the shit when Schar got caught out trying to be clever and was generally very solid. Absolutely not a priority to replace him 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah but the point he's making is they didn't survive because they were a lot worse than us. With a sample size of two, it's basically an irrelevant stat. 

Well we’ve got seven points - only two more than Swindon. I don’t think it’s an irrelevant stat. Going 14 without a win generally means you’ve left yourself too much to claw back. Not saying it’s impossible but there’s a reason it’s never been done before - it’ll take some job to get out of it. 

• Like 1

I am going to say it one more time, no other team in the history of the league has been in our league and financial position combined. Bad league position but with money to burn. In January we will buy the players to get us out of trouble. And fuck off with the "no professional worth his salt bla blah blah". It's horse shit, people work for money, we will get better players than we have now and better than those around us have.

• Like 5

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I am going to say it one more time, no other team in the history of the league has been in our league and financial position combined. Bad league position but with money to burn. In January we will buy the players to get us out of trouble. And fuck off with the "no professional worth his salt bla blah blah". It's horse shit, people work for money, we will get better players than we have now and better than those around us have.

Loads of clubs are strapped for cash too. 

• Like 1