Fede The Mole Must Start v Carrot Crunching Remainers - LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well other than the result I had a lovely night. :) 

Wife decided to drive so nicely tucked into a Stowell street car park. Quick pop into greggs for half time bait supplies. Then realised we were in the platinum club (Birthday treat) so had to buy a clock in the club shop to obtain a carrier bag to hide the greggs bag.

We were the 1st people to arrive and walked into the lovely carpeted bar with proper posh tables and chairs.

There was a huge long bar with around 40/50 white dressed young ladies all eager to serve. Our lass made her way to a table and time stood still as I made my way to the bar with 50 pairs of eyes admiring my new birthday clobber.

TBH, I wasn’t sure whether I felt like a terrorist who had arrived in heaven or one of those posh blokes at a posh brothel you see on the films.

A lovely young lady firmly clasped my stiff cold glass and gently squeezed a pint of caffreys in. I was no good.

The food menu was totally different to the leazes as everything had the word premium in front. So, 2 servings of Premiun chicken bites and fries it was.

Lovely padded seats outside right on the walkway for my numerous weak bladder / vaping trips.

Gutted after 9 minutes like everyone else but hey ho, we’ll see what Saturday brings. Main thing is I love going to the games again. Also thought the crowd was pretty good last night.

Finally what a class act Tim Krull is. Came out for Second half and was getting lots of love off the gallowgate and interacting with them. When he finished warming up, he kicked the ball into the crowd and started walking away. Some young fan then through the ball back on the pitch :lol:  Krull through his arms in the air laughing, went back to get the ball and wellied it even further into Strawberry corner. This time it stayed.

Think it’s the first time I’ve had Caffreys, (all 4 of them). Didn’t feel drunk last night but fucking hanging this morning.

More of this please and less of the politics! :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Well we’ve got seven points - only two more than Swindon. I don’t think it’s an irrelevant stat. Going 14 without a win generally means you’ve left yourself too much to claw back. Not saying it’s impossible but there’s a reason it’s never been done before - it’ll take some job to get out of it. 

If we can blow a 12 point lead at Xmas then we can rescue a 6 point deficit with money to spend in the transfer window 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If we can blow a 12 point lead at Xmas then we can rescue a 6 point deficit with money to spend in the transfer window 

anything's possible, of course, but there's a reason the bookies have us second favourites to go down.

let's have this conversation again in january. we're going to need a couple of wins before the transfer window to stand half a chance.

we have to start winning games and the ones you'd expect us to win are rapidly running out.

we failed to beat norwich, brentford, leeds and southampton at home, burnley at home is a must-win, if it wasn't already, because i don't see where 3 points are coming from after that game until maybe everton away in late december. 

leicester and liverpool away followed by home games against man city and man u, who will no doubt have sorted themselves out by then with their new manager bounce, to come first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well other than the result I had a lovely night. :) 

Wife decided to drive so nicely tucked into a Stowell street car park. Quick pop into greggs for half time bait supplies. Then realised we were in the platinum club (Birthday treat) so had to buy a clock in the club shop to obtain a carrier bag to hide the greggs bag.

We were the 1st people to arrive and walked into the lovely carpeted bar with proper posh tables and chairs.

There was a huge long bar with around 40/50 white dressed young ladies all eager to serve. Our lass made her way to a table and time stood still as I made my way to the bar with 50 pairs of eyes admiring my new birthday clobber.

TBH, I wasn’t sure whether I felt like a terrorist who had arrived in heaven or one of those posh blokes at a posh brothel you see on the films.

A lovely young lady firmly clasped my stiff cold glass and gently squeezed a pint of caffreys in. I was no good.

The food menu was totally different to the leazes as everything had the word premium in front. So, 2 servings of Premiun chicken bites and fries it was.

Lovely padded seats outside right on the walkway for my numerous weak bladder / vaping trips.

Gutted after 9 minutes like everyone else but hey ho, we’ll see what Saturday brings. Main thing is I love going to the games again. Also thought the crowd was pretty good last night.

Finally what a class act Tim Krull is. Came out for Second half and was getting lots of love off the gallowgate and interacting with them. When he finished warming up, he kicked the ball into the crowd and started walking away. Some young fan then through the ball back on the pitch :lol:  Krull through his arms in the air laughing, went back to get the ball and wellied it even further into Strawberry corner. This time it stayed.

Think it’s the first time I’ve had Caffreys, (all 4 of them). Didn’t feel drunk last night but fucking hanging this morning.

A posh fan threw and threw.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Well, according to the stats they had more than twice our possession and had 6 shots on target versus our 1 shot, not that any of them troubled Dubravka. There was a big improvement in effort and fitness from us but not quality. We didn't score from open play, they did. Reality is both teams were poor and most likely both will go down. 

That's not negative, it's objective. And tbh I don't feel that invested to really care that much anyway. We simply have to win on Saturday though to have any chance at all, but if we do, things may look different. Will we? 

They may have had more shots on target than we did, but they had a man advantage for 80+ minutes and didn't really created many good opportunities.

image.png.0bb8a60c18e295a3ebbc0533c1cb4c95.png

Now, for a team with a man advantage, you'd really want to be making more than 1 decent chance from open play. 

Majority of their possession was far from our goal.

image.png.f08846de0fb8129249980d8cf38d6fad.png

They weren't stretching the play enough, dragging our defence out of shape, forcing errors. Norwich are poor and will likely go down, not least because they haven't the ability to defeat a poor Newcastle side, even with an extra man on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They may have had more shots on target than we did, but they had a man advantage for 80+ minutes and didn't really created many good opportunities.

Now, for a team with a man advantage, you'd really want to be making more than 1 decent chance from open play. 

They weren't stretching the play enough, dragging our defence out of shape, forcing errors. Norwich are poor and will likely go down, not least because they haven't the ability to defeat a poor Newcastle side, even with an extra man on the pitch.

They've had the ability to beat 2 more teams than us this year. But yes, they will almost certainly go down. Are we all agreed that Burnley is now must win?  

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

and that's me probably out of here.

;)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

They've had the ability to beat 2 more teams than us this year. But yes, they will almost certainly go down. Are we all agreed that Burnley is now must win?  

Last 5 years, 35pts is enough to keep you up, or 0.92PpG

Currently we're bimbling about 0.50PpG

So, we need about 28pts from the next 24 games, or 1.16PpG.

Bruce managed 1.17 on average from his two full seasons. Within those seasons we had long stretches without a win. 2 wins in 21 (22? I can't remember) and still ended up with 44 and 45pts. 

Plus we have a January window where we can hopefully address some of the weaknesses in our squad. And these needn't be Coutinho-type players. Just a better-than-Clark centre half,  a better-than-Hayden centre mid and some honest to goodness fullbacks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Last 5 years, 35pts is enough to keep you up, or 0.92PpG

Currently we're bimbling about 0.50PpG

So, we need about 28pts from the next 24 games, or 1.16PpG.

Bruce managed 1.17 on average from his two full seasons. Within those seasons we had long stretches without a win. 2 wins in 21 (22? I can't remember) and still ended up with 44 and 45pts. 

Plus we have a January window where we can hopefully address some of the weaknesses in our squad. And these needn't be Coutinho-type players. Just a better-than-Clark centre half,  a better-than-Hayden centre mid and some honest to goodness fullbacks.

can you please continue in this vein as it worked last time. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That a fucking lava lamp?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

anything's possible, of course, but there's a reason the bookies have us second favourites to go down.

let's have this conversation again in january. we're going to need a couple of wins before the transfer window to stand half a chance.

we have to start winning games and the ones you'd expect us to win are rapidly running out.

we failed to beat norwich, brentford, leeds and southampton at home, burnley at home is a must-win, if it wasn't already, because i don't see where 3 points are coming from after that game until maybe everton away in late december. 

leicester and liverpool away followed by home games against man city and man u, who will no doubt have sorted themselves out by then with their new manager bounce, to come first. 

Fine margins though. Giving away last minute penalties. Murphy missing a 1 on 1 in the last minute. Clark getting sent off. Darlow chucking balls in his own net.

We could have turned 4 or 5 of those draws into wins if not for individual errors. And I appreciate the league table doesn't work like that, but we look a better bet than when we went down under McLaren. A couple of quality players might make all the difference and turn those draws into wins in the 2nd half of the season. Which is why it's important not to allow to big a gap to open up!

• Like 1