IPTV

Christmas Tree

• 2 weeks later...

Right then chaps, I started reading through this thread, ears perked up at the mention of free HD Grumble channels on page 1, then I rapidly lost the will to live. 
So, with that preamble done, down to business. 
I’m a fucking Luddite when it comes to this lark, but my brother has just shown me his new set up, run from a Firestick, which gives him access to all Sky, BT, AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney, etc etc all live Premier, Italian, Spanish, German, French, footy etc etc. 

Basically all the tellys. 
£35-£40 yearly. 

Name of the app is a three letter word meaning large, starts with B, ends with G , with the first prime number in between. 

Assuming this is as good as it looks, I’d be looking for a broadband and landline only deal, currently with Virgin for tv phone and broadband at £66 p.m. 

Before I go all in, any pitfalls I should be aware of, and any recommendations for best supplier for Broadband and landline only in NE12. 

I've had zero bother with Plusnet for years. There's been some of the ISPs that have tried to clamp down on the IPTV stuff - I think those with a vested interest like Sky etc. 

Anyway Plusnet appear to not give a fuuuuuuck.

• Like 1

My only ongoing concern is that I've had a lot of dodgy stream providers over the last ten years or so and they've all been eventually stopped. 

I've had iptv for about four years I think and it's certainly delivered with the bonus of the extra content including shit loads of film and TV box sets but the Captain Paranoia who sometimes lives in my head thinks it could all end at any time. 

I just renewed mine for about £30 (annual) but they keep sending me offers for lifetime access for 150 or so but the paranoia stops me for the reason above. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd go for it if I was you but just be aware that as I'm sure I don't have to tell you, shit happens. 

Oh aye, if it all went tits up, I’d just go back to what I had before. 
If I get a year or so of free access to everything for £30-£40, that’s a gamble I’m willing to take. 
You’d spend more buying a round of drinks tbh, so it’s a no-brainer really.

I still have Sky but have the dodgy app for BT Sports and matches that aren’t broadcast.

The apps these days are easy to use but there is still a delay and the occasional buffering which is annoying as fuck.

So it’s clearly not as good as the real thing but is a fraction of the price.

I’ll echo Gemmill’s shout about Plusnet not blocking anything. Which given that they’re owned by BT seems very strange.

• Like 1

Hi folks.

We are about to join civilization and get a Smart TV so was looking into what providers you would recommend to maximise the chances of seeing our matches but not having to fork out a fortune for Sky etc.

Currently have Amazon Prime but not a huge amount of footy on it. Not really interested in watching non Newcastle matches!

I'm based in Ireland so I don't get over very often to attend live matches :(

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Does anyone ever get this blue circle buffering on iptv?

I have over 300mb’s going to the TV?

C6163EA7-B786-43E2-A15F-8DADA6FAEB9A.jpeg

You probably want to speak to the Internet King. 

More seriously though, the buffering is likely caused by bandwidth limitations, either or your end or the side of whoever is hosting the stream you're trying to watch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...