Maxy the Mummy v Razor Throat 6 Fingered Dingles

wykikitoon

From .com

The Magpies host the Clarets at St. James' Park on Saturday in an old-fashioned, non-televised 3pm start.

For Eddie Howe it's an eleventh meeting with the side he managed a decade ago - having guided Bournemouth two just a pair of victories in the previous games.

This will be Burnley's second visit to Tyneside this season, following their penalty shootout success in a League Cup tie that had ended 0-0 after 90 minutes.

The two sides also met in pre-season behind closed doors in Lancashire, Burnley winning that game 1-0.

NUFC: Ciaran Clark is suspended for this game following his red card against Norwich City, while Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie are both available after completing their one match bans.

Paul Dummett remains unavailable with what has been called a persistent calf strain.

Pre-match: We're delighted to have The Dog and Parrot bar on board with us again this season, opposite Times Square on Clayton Street West/Neville Street.

Former Magpie Malcolm Macdonald will be holding a pre-match talk-in from 1pm and returning at 6.30pm. Free entry to both.

BFC: James Tarkowski and Ashley Westwood will both be available for selection after serving one match bans.

Phil Bardsley may return, but Ashley Barnes remains out due to injury. Dale Stephens is recovering from COVID.

The Clarets extended their unbeaten PL record to five games thanks to a 0-0 draw at Wolves on Wednesday night - although only one of those five games ended in three points for Sean Dyche's side.

Burnley are winless on the road so far this season, losing at Everton, Liverpool and Manchester City and drawing at Leicester City, Southampton and Wolves.

From Howe Presser

"Injury-wise we've got a few bumps and bruises but hopefully nothing too serious," says Howe.

"Hopefully the squad has come through Tuesday unscathed and we've also got the two lads [Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie] back from suspension.

"The players are desperate to get the first win of the season," says Eddie Howe. "I'm really pleased with the group do far.

"My philosophy is strong. I have a clear vision of where I want to take the team. That will take time but I think we've seen a start.

"There were so many positives to take from Tuesday, although it wasn't the result we wanted. If we can go into this game with the same spirit, fight and togetherness then I back the players to get that first win sooner rather than later."

Newcastle are bottom of the league, winless after 14 games and will have to do what no other Premier League team has done in order to survive relegation.

But it's hard not to be struck by the positive mood emanating from head coach Eddie Howe and supporters after the performance against Norwich on Tuesday. Normally by this stage of the season for a bottom club, it's all doom and gloom, but Howe thinks they can turn things around.

He said: "There's a reason why it's not been done before, because it's incredibly tough. But why not be the first? That's always been my mindset. Why not change history?"

Plenty of praise from Eddie Howe for Newcastle forward Joelinton - as well as the club's supporters.

On Joelinton, Howe said: "He's got a good mix of physicality and technical ability. He's got a really selfless mindset so I've been really pleased with him. I think he can continue to improve and he's going to be a huge player for us."

On the fans, who helped their 10-men to a point in midweek, he added: "Tuesday was an amazing experience, everything I hoped it would be.

"They supported us in a moment where we really needed them. They really galvanised the team and I can't thank them enough for what they did."

Season-defining game.

Therefore I predict a lacklustre bore draw.

Tempted to put Lascelles in alongside Fernandez for this because Burnley only know one way to play and TOT might be better equipped than Schar to deal with the long balls they’ll direct in the air to Wood. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Season-defining game.

Therefore I predict a lacklustre bore draw.

Tempted to put Lascelles in alongside Fernandez for this because Burnley only know one way to play and TOT might be better equipped than Schar to deal with the long balls they’ll direct in the air to Wood. 

Also as Schar died in the arse down the stretch and seemed to have some sort of injury issue I think you're right that we may see Lascelles and Fernandez, and that Burnley is one side that Lascelles 'style' of defense may be adequate for. I just hope that Ritchie doesn't come back in as a fullback.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Surely the footballing Gods can let us have this one. :pray:

No individual fuck ups

No dodgy refs

Just 3 glorious points please.

if there are football gods it’s fairly evident they hate us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Howay man, it's about time our luck turned. We're going to smack the shit out of Burnley and then use that momentum to get an improbable result against one of the two Manchesters. 

We may as well just fucking go for it at this point.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Btw, anyone fancy dropping a message if they know any decent enough sites so I can watch this? Was using hes goal but it didn't work v Brentford and wasn't showing any other games. 

hesgoal work well for me for the brentford game, used it for the arsenal game too. in fact for the latter i mirrored it from me phone to the tv and was very pleasantly surprised at how good the picture quality was.

i would try again if i was you, says the man commands total respect for his technical wizardry.

• Haha 1