Diego vs The Fish

Tom

In the past some Hungarian nerds would hang out in cafes and discuss football tactics, losers. Nobody cares. 

However, we on toontastic.net have greater brains. We have @The Fish& the new star @Diego21

The purpose of this thread is to establish 10 questions for our two contestants, the winner of which will be decided by poll. 

The users decide the questions, the contestants pick a charity for which pledged funds will be donated. 

Deadline - January 1st

Get into them!

Have either of your read (cover to cover) the seminal masterpiece “Inverting The Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics” by Jonathan Wilson and could you provide a synopsis that wouldn’t put a glass eye to sleep?

Who (in your humble opinion) is the best player in each of the top 5 divisions in europe (england, spain, italy, germany, france [portugal is also acceptable as a substitute for france]) that is playing at a team so far below their level that we could realistically sign them and have them make a difference to us in the near future?

So looking further a field than just Europe, who in the America's and Africa should we be looking to sign as player(s) so we can finally live out that dream of the Newcastle in GOAL!

Was viana a defensive midfielder?

Have either of you read Matthew Syed book 'Black box thinking'? 

Did you have an intimate experience with a woman before the age of 25?

Have either of you used the 'journey man' route in football manager? Where one starts off unemployed on the lowest settings and see how far you can get? 

If so where did you get? 

Was the appointment of Joe Kinnear to replace Kevin Keegan, a practical joke that got out of hand or were llambias and Ashley really that cuntish?

Assuming we can buy targets in 3 areas (of your choosing) in the January transfer window, which playstyle or tactical approach would you like to see the team change to in order to be the most successful it can be?

• Haha 7

Have either of your read (cover to cover) the seminal masterpiece “Inverting The Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics” by Jonathan Wilson and could you provide a synopsis that wouldn’t put a glass eye to sleep?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Who (in your humble opinion) is the best player in each of the top 5 divisions in europe (england, spain, italy, germany, france [portugal is also acceptable as a substitute for france]) that is playing at a team so far below their level that we could realistically sign them and have them make a difference to us in the near future?

• Like 2

Tom on the sauce again?

I'm happy to stump up 20 quid for whatever charity the forum decides upon.

So looking further a field than just Europe, who in the America's and Africa should we be looking to sign as player(s) so we can finally live out that dream of the Newcastle in GOAL!

Wait so is the deal that we pay £20 to pose a question? I'm up for putting into the charity whether my question is chosen or not, but I'll pose one in the hope that it's good enough:

Assuming we can buy targets in 3 areas (of your choosing) in the January transfer window, which playstyle or tactical approach would you like to see the team change to in order to be the most successful it can be?

No just ask a question. It’s fair to say I didn’t think this through. 

I am now in the throes of a hangover and a booster jab hangover. Fuck my life.

• Haha 6