howe's battle weary covid evading magpies v ragnick's conveniently rested and newly coached red devils.

thebrokendoll

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I feel absolutely knackered.  I have a beer next to me I poured at the start and only had two drinks :lol: 

It’s the first time ever that my watch sent me a health warning because of an irregular and increasing heart beat.

Another beer did help to set the heart rate back to normal…

• Haha 3

Well that sure had the heart pumping. It would have been a famous victory were it not for some lax defense. On the balance of play a draw is a frustrating result but in the context of our season it's still a key result and a nice place to build some momentum from. The crowd was fantastic and the stadium has not looked this good and this lively for some time. There's a sense of excitement with January days away, a few key signings in and we could string some results together.

And yes we absolutely need to buy ourselves a covid inspired break now as with Wilson down and ASM potentially with some sort of strain we need the time. Evidence in our favour is our bench for today's game, third AND fourth choice keepers both on the bench and no defenders.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

left the ground absolutely gutted we haven't won that. tremendous performance,  BUJ in particular. hope the injury to saint maximan isn't a grim one. only disappointment was Wilson, looked poor to me for a few games now.

Howe says they don't think ASM's is a bad one. But he sounded worried about Wilson. 

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

left the ground absolutely gutted we haven't won that. tremendous performance,  BUJ in particular. hope the injury to saint maximan isn't a grim one. only disappointment was Wilson, looked poor to me for a few games now.

He’s BBJ now. Get with the programme 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Isegrim said:

It’s the first time ever that my watch sent me a health warning because of an irregular and increasing heart beat.

Another beer did help to set the heart rate back to normal…

You want to get yourself a pacemaker. I don't think I broke 60bpm all game. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

You want to get yourself a pacemaker. I don't think I broke 60bpm all game. 

Nah, beer does work fine with me.

It‘s just that my heart gas to cope getting excited about football again.

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Well that sure had the heart pumping. It would have been a famous victory were it not for some lax defense. On the balance of play a draw is a frustrating result but in the context of our season it's still a key result and a nice place to build some momentum from. The crowd was fantastic and the stadium has not looked this good and this lively for some time. There's a sense of excitement with January days away, a few key signings in and we could string some results together.

And yes we absolutely need to buy ourselves a covid inspired break now as with Wilson down and ASM potentially with some sort of strain we need the time. Evidence in our favour is our bench for today's game, third AND fourth choice keepers both on the bench and no defenders.

Dunno if you got the Howe interview over there, but he said he thinks we're going to be very close to the 13+1 players required to have to turn up for the next match. 

I really hope we take the break now. The players must be fucked, and we need to be full strength for these games coming up. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Build the team around Joelinton. 

It's remarkable. Not what we were told we were buying but it really highlights how destructive Bruce's tenure was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Nah, beer does work fine with me.

It‘s just that my heart gas to cope getting excited about football again.

Aye, don't listen to Gemmill, perhaps he needs a new hobby if he wasn't on the edge of his seat for this.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Dunno if you got the Howe interview over there, but he said he thinks we're going to be very close to the 13+1 players required to have to turn up for the next match. 

I really hope we take the break now. The players must be fucked, and we need to be full strength for these games coming up. 

You’re really getting the value out of that NowTV subscription.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You’re really getting the value out of that NowTV subscription.

Fucking right. I'm transcribing Rangnick's interview at the minute. 

I'll post it in full shortly for the Aussie lads. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I haven't watched it yet but will. The effort from the players out there was impressive but don't think they'll be able to turn around in a few days time with Wilson gone and have the same level of intensity. 

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well said Long :icon_lol:

22 minutes ago, sammynb said:

That was funny as fuck, Short is back now so we have the matching set.

:lol: Pity Fraser wasn't involved in that interview, big Jow could've told the interviewer that 'Anymore of your cheek and I'll be testing your chin......' before pointing to Longstaff and Fraser and finishing '.....and that's the long and short of it'.

• Haha 6

I know I sound like a Debbie downer but it feels like the stars are aligning against us. We had to win today on that performance. Remember how many fluke games we won under Bruce the season before last that we deserved to lose? This season is the polar opposite. Everything seems to be going against us. Then now we have potentially our best two forwards out with long term injuries.

The thing in our favour this time is we have a manager who knows what he’s doing, players and fans who have bought into it and the opportunity to splash the cash in January in a way we haven’t seen before. We’re going to need to go on some winning run mind to survive from here 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know I sound like a Debbie downer but it feels like the stars are aligning against us. We had to win today on that performance. Remember how many fluke games we won under. Rice the season before last that we deserved to lose? This season is tne polar opposite. Everything seems to be going against us. Then now we have potentially our best two forwards out with long term injuries.

The thing in our favour this time is we have a manager who knows what he’s doing, players and fans who have bought into it and the opportunity to splash the cash in January in a way we haven’t seen before. We’re going to need to go on some winning run mind to survive from here 

WELL TONIGHT THANK GOD ITS THEM INSTEEEEAADD OF YOOOOUUUUU.

Go and clang your chimes somewhere else, miseryguts. 

• Haha 5

Reporter to Joelinton: "Can I be completely honest - I didn't think you were that good"

Then Sean Longstaff gave him massive props saying he's the best player in training and you always want him on your side and it's disrespectful the negative attention he has garnered.