Covid Postponement CONFIRMED for Everton AND SOUTHAMPTON Games

Gemmill

It's their tournament, they have the right to stage it when it is most convenient for African teams. It's held when it is so as to avoid the wet season that affects much of sub-Saharan Africa. I'm not going to start banging the racism drum like Ian Wright, but it's not a hard conclusion to reach when you hear the owners of ludicrously rich, privileged-beyond-belief Western European teams bitching that the darkies couldn't hold their bongo-bongo tournament in summer like normal people do. Fuck that and fuck them. It's as much a privilege to play for Nigeria or Gabon as it is for England, France, or Italy and it should be given the same level of respect. If I were Dennis I would've told Watford to fucking do one, I know they pay his wages, but there's some things more important than money.

That said I'm glad he's out because the worthless set of donkeys that play under my father's flag and call themselves the Egyptian national team play Nigeria on matchday 1, and we can use all the help we can get. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

It's their tournament, they have the right to stage it when it is most convenient for African teams. It's held when it is so as to avoid the wet season that affects much of sub-Saharan Africa. I'm not going to start banging the racism drum like Ian Wright, but it's not a hard conclusion to reach when you hear the owners of ludicrously rich, privileged-beyond-belief Western European teams bitching that the darkies couldn't hold their bongo-bongo tournament in summer like normal people do. Fuck that and fuck them. It's as much a privilege to play for Nigeria or Gabon as it is for England, France, or Italy and it should be given the same level of respect. If I were Dennis I would've told Watford to fucking do one, I know they pay his wages, but there's some things more important than money.

That said I'm glad he's out because the worthless set of donkeys that play under my father's flag and call themselves the Egyptian national team play Nigeria on matchday 1, and we can use all the help we can get. 

So just to be clear, you don't think it's related to racism?😂😉👍

• Haha 1

It's related to that multi-billion dollar industry called the Premier League ! The clubs, owners, TV companies & related cling ons are worried that it may in some way affect their bottom line. The World Cup shuts everyone down but this is considered a second rate tourney that affects some clubs more than others ! Liverpool whine because  they lose their top scorers & it may cost them money !!

Aye that’s it really. I don’t think it’s racist I just think it’s a lack of foresight and something they put out of mind until it becomes an issue for them again. For example Liverpool made that choice when they assembled their team the way they did, tbf I don’t think I’ve seen any whinging about it from Klopp which is out of character for him. Watford’s move is disgraceful iyam, and I’m not sure why we are getting dragged over coals for postponing a game yet they seem to be getting away with this unscathed?

Personally I’m all for doing away with International football altogether as it’s wank and generally disruptive to the club schedule (see the 2 week international breaks). I understand there are plenty of people that love it but that’s just my personal opinion. I’m honestly surprised it’s lasted as long as it has given the money involved in the game now and wouldn’t be shocked if some time in the future clubs start challenging releasing their tens of millions of pounds rated assets. I think FIFA’s absurd push to increase the volume may prove to be the tipping point in this.

I agree with Howay - I know there's an emotional angle to representing your country but from a cynical business pov the idea of loaning out  multi-million pound assets for no return with possible damage on return is a bit mental. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

So just to be clear, you don't think it's related to racism?😂😉👍

No, I don't personally. I think it's about money, like everything else in the elite leagues. But racism is absolutely one way to frame the contempt with which European clubs view the AFCON. 

@Wykiki: Can't imagine why, Salah is going to give the same half-hearted performance he's done for years when pulling on an Egypt shirt. Meanwhile our donkey coaches will shape the entire gameplan around getting a Liverpool-level performance out of him, which won't happen, nobody else will have a clue what to do except give it to him, and we'll put in another mediocre showing. Maybe he'll conveniently catch COVID so he can have an excuse not to go. I put nothing past him at this point.