Anyone willing to share their memories and information?

ecspicer

Good mirnung all, I hope you have all had a pleasant Christmas and New Year.

I was hoping that some members of this forum may be able to help me with some information gathering. I am currently writing a crime thriller based in Newcastle and the main male character is a hardcore United fan, and has been since the mid-1990's, and before anyone asks Mike Askely is not the murderer, nor is he the victim. 

Basically, I'm looking for as many people as possible who are prepared to have their brains picked about their knowledge of the club from about 1995 to the present day. As I'm quite new to the fan base (being a fan for only the last couple of years), I don't have the knowledge or personal experiences of this time.

I have some questions that I would like to ask, so if there is anyone who is willing to share their experiences and knowledge, in as much detail as possible. I'll post the questions below, so if anyone is able and willing to answer them, more the merrier. 

Either comment below, or drop me a private message (I don't know if there's a private chat function on here?), I really don't mind, but any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great 2022 everyone :)

These are the questions if anyone is interested, and would like to share:

1) Can you love Newcastle the city without loving Newcastle United?

2) What would you say make Newcastle fans the best football fans?

3) What would you say are the top 5 best moments 1995-now? And why have you chosen those moments?

4) What would you say are the top 5 worst moments 1995-now? And why have you chosen those moments?

5) Who would you say were the top 5 berst signings 1995-now? And why have you chosen those people?

6) Who would yousay were the top 5 worst signings 1995-now? And why have you chosen those people?

7) What do you think of Eddie Howe? Or is it to soon to judge him fairly?

😎 Have you got any favourite matchday memories 1995-now?

9) How do you feel about the current squad? Anyone who you feel needs to go? Do better?

10) Who are you hoping the club get hold of in the January transfer window?

11) As a long-standing NUFC supporter, what excites you the most about the future of the club?

My memories and information? Ok, here goes:

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with a low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.

My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds; pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking. I suggest you try it.

• Haha 8