Tony Blair’s knighthood

Asprilla

Just now, Rayvin said:

Well that's good to hear anyway. Was a bit surprised at that one.

the initial uproar seemed to come from an israeli ambassador right? there is nothing antimsemitic about posting a message of solidarity and support to the palestinian people - lots of jewish people do the same

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I was teasing and I don’t think there’s appetite from anyone on this board to get into it again.

You’re right, of course. But the Corbyn debacle did expose a blind spot in some sections of the left when it comes to antisemitism. 

I think it’s still there amongst the Corbyn nutters. He fuels it too with his obsession with Palestine. Deliberately I’d guess. He’s stupid but he’s not that fucking stupid. Many of his fans seem to make a big play of being ex-Labour as well. Jezza still doesn’t let his principles get in the way of retaining his safe seat by staying in the party like. Starmer doing well in the polls seem to send them over the edge on twitter recently though. Which was nice 

• Like 1

Honestly I just saw the headline come up on my phone or something, I don't even know what it was about. If it was a pro-Palestine message then that suggests she has gone off down the hard left rabbit hole though. I mean you don't have to be hard left to support Palestine, but still.

The accusation came from a typically hard line Israeli ambassador. 

I did like the comment that Starmer was scrambling to find out if she was a Labour member so he could expell her. 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I was teasing and I don’t think there’s appetite from anyone on this board to get into it again.

Really? 

Let’s have it, Bacon dodger! :lol:

( I’m also teasing btw— mean, I just want to talk about my beloved club…)

6 hours ago, Ant said:

Should probably try paying it some attention maybe :lol: because  it's not gone so well in this section for you

(your posts on brexit have been a nonsense I'd have replied but it'd be like debating with the nextdoor neighbours and I can't be arsed given what I work on, which is Brexit trade) 

I never claimed to have voted for Brexit because it would instantly lead to loads of really easy admin and trade, it was a matter of principle for me and one which clearly nobody here seems to agree with which is fair enough

the fiasco that followed is on those involved although I can see why the “losing” side love to use it as an i told you so

i have already said several times, in the short term it will likely be worse but that the EU had 40+ years to get their shit together

in 40 years time we will either have rejoined or the economies outside of the EU will be major trading partners of the UK and it will look like the right move

if we’re doing better than before then I guess “my side” was right and if we rejoin then I guess “your side” was right

no insults to anyone, just how I honestly feel and if this post annoys anyone then suck it up and get on with your day 👍🏼

24 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I never claimed to have voted for Brexit because it would instantly lead to loads of really easy admin and trade, it was a matter of principle for me and one which clearly nobody here seems to agree with which is fair enough

the fiasco that followed is on those involved although I can see why the “losing” side love to use it as an i told you so

i have already said several times, in the short term it will likely be worse but that the EU had 40+ years to get their shit together

in 40 years time we will either have rejoined or the economies outside of the EU will be major trading partners of the UK and it will look like the right move

if we’re doing better than before then I guess “my side” was right and if we rejoin then I guess “your side” was right

no insults to anyone, just how I honestly feel and if this post annoys anyone then suck it up and get on with your day 👍🏼

So, best case scenario, after 40yrs we'll be where we were, or where we were but with a shit ton more bureaucracy and admin delaying everything between us and our closest neighbours?

Or, more likely given the ineptitude of those leading this country, we'll see our influence diminish globally, we'll see poorly negotiated deals limiting trade in every direction, freedom of movement ended, and the likely dissolution of the Union.

Totally worth it.

Fucking jingoistic, little Englander, bollocks. But Blue Passports and the rise of the far right... YAY.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So, best case scenario, after 40yrs we'll be where we were, or where we were but with a shit ton more bureaucracy and admin delaying everything between us and our closest neighbours?

Or, more likely given the ineptitude of those leading this country, we'll see our influence diminish globally, we'll see poorly negotiated deals limiting trade in every direction, freedom of movement ended, and the likely dissolution of the Union.

Totally worth it.

Fucking jingoistic, little Englander, bollocks. But Blue Passports and the rise of the far right... YAY.

Fuck off you cunt

Yep that’s a lot quicker

13 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Fuck off you cunt

Yep that’s a lot quicker

:lol: these snowflakes, so sensitive. 

You voted out because of some misplaced sense of nationalist principle and the blatant liars and demagogues, who sold you dreams of sunlit uplands, are going to laugh into their millions as the country is fucked. 

But, sure, I'm the cunt.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: these snowflakes, so sensitive. 

You voted out because of some misplaced sense of nationalist principle and the blatant liars and demagogues, who sold you dreams of sunlit uplands, are going to laugh into their millions as the country is fucked. 

But, sure, I'm the cunt.

Go on, do the bus one!! do the bus one!! 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Now if they can just keep each other occupied...

Here, I've been quieter recently, so shut your pie hole.

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

5EB0AB42-6D7C-4241-8669-A96DE1FC4D11.jpeg.c7e91622c9ecd9d8faee76428dd704a2.jpeg262A522F-9E8C-4300-A041-26AE750407D9.jpeg.c844b5c75c0a9248b5597b4379957828.jpeg

( yes, I know it’s not Blair in the pic, but lick iz). 

I actually saw Wee Bobby live at the Wimbledon theatre in the early 80s. His act couldn't have changed since the war, jokes about rationing and these new things called cheque books. It was still fucking hilarious but here were a few very confused southerners in the audience

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I actually saw Wee Bobby live at the Wimbledon theatre in the early 80s. His act couldn't have changed since the war, jokes about rationing and these new things called cheque books. It was still fucking hilarious but here were a few very confused southerners in the audience

I think “It’s bad luck to go to work the day after a day off” was one of his :lol: 

• Haha 2