The Kieran.

ohhh_yeah

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Have Southampton OK'd this?

:lol: Ralf Rangnick was moaning about it as well apparently (not necessarily about us), has that bloke done anything since arriving besides fucking whinging? Starting to feel relieved we didn’t get the moaning bastard. First he wants the League Cup to be binned and now this. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And there's the Saudi question...

Bore off man. 

Tbh in the absence of Staveley, her husband, the Reubens or any fucker else not addressing the issues with their business partners to the media since they've bought the club its not a surprise....they shouldn't let the players get into that position...

What a shower of shite we have for National/Local journalists btw :lol: 

Some of those questions. Starstruck morons, maybe the mackems are right and they’d be better off reporting on Sunderland!?

That Trippier interview is class. He comes across well and you can tell he’s a leader. It’s also brilliant that he kept saying “I wanted to move back to the North”, absolutely decimates that wanker Agbonlahor with his “why would anyone go to Newcastle” spiel. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbh in the absence of Staveley, her husband, the Reubens or any fucker else not addressing the issues with their business partners to the media since they've bought the club its not a surprise....they shouldn't let the players get into that position...

Was Lewis Hamilton asked about the Saudi regime after he won the Grand Prix there? Genuine question as I don’t follow formula one much. It doesn’t seem to me like everyone gets the same treatment on what is essentially the same issue. I know neither of us are exactly comfortable with ownership but even so, asking a player about it is just daft imo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was Lewis Hamilton asked about the Saudi regime after he won the Grand Prix there? Genuine question as I don’t follow formula one much. It doesn’t seem to me like everyone gets the same treatment on what is essentially the same issue. I know neither of us are exactly comfortable with ownership but even so, asking a player about it is just daft imo

It’s interesting….not only did he address it in a formal piece in the press, Hamilton criticised the Saudis about their attitude towards LBQT people. Which is about as much as you can hope for from unfortunately compromised sportsmen/women… 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/02/lewis-hamilton-condemns-terrifying-lgbtq-laws-before-saudi-arabian-gp?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Staveley and the rest of them on the other hand haven’t uttered a fuckin word about who they’re in bed with…there’s a word for people like that….

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Staveley and the rest of them on the other hand haven’t uttered a fuckin word about who they’re in bed with…there’s a word for people like that….

Polygamist?

:anal:

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s interesting….not only did he address it in a formal piece in the press, Hamilton criticised the Saudis about their attitude towards LBQT people. Which is about as much as you can hope for from unfortunately compromised sportsmen/women… 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/02/lewis-hamilton-condemns-terrifying-lgbtq-laws-before-saudi-arabian-gp?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It’s an odd one for sure, the notion of ‘sports washing’. With a Grand Prix, a golf tournament or a boxing event or whatever the human rights issues come up but you can ignore them for a couple of weeks then they go away because the event ends. But if you’re the owner of a club that’s regularly in the champions league (which has to be their long term aim) then you would think the questions will never go away. I know it’s the case with the UAE but the Saudis are arguably considerably worse in many ways (not just human rights but their role in geo-politics and so on). Like you suggest, at some point you would think someone has to look at addressing it. Could it even bring meaningful change in the country? I won’t hold my breath on that one. Concentrating on NUFC and ignoring the wider Saudi investment, involvement etc in the uk is obviously narrow minded and hypocritical but we’ve been over that. Football is never really out if the limelight though so it’s not surprising it’s getting coverage. Especially as they haven’t invested in one of the media darlings known as the big 6