The Kieran.

ohhh_yeah

Yeh hitherto I’ve held on to a deep hatred of TG but I enjoyed listening to K-Tripz there.

TG comparing ASM to Tino tells me he hasn’t seen either of them play mind :lol: 

• Haha 5

Yeah that was a fucking weird comment tbh. And Trippier seemed a bit stunned by it too. I think he probably meant in terms of 'you never know what he'll do next' but aye, eyebrow raising :lol: 

I love Trippiers attitude man. Just doesn’t give a fuck what people think, his whole demeanor when pressed about why he come to Newcastle and essentially being called a liar for saying it wasn’t about money is just calm and confident that he knows the reasons so doesn’t care if people don’t believe him. That’s before you layer on all of his points about how important the team is, that it’s not just about him etc, again people can say it’s bollocks but when you look at the managers he’s been coached by (especially Poch, Simeone, and now Howe) I really believe him. Can’t wait until he’s back in the side, watching a player of that calibre is fucking brilliant. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I love Trippiers attitude man. Just doesn’t give a fuck what people think, his whole demeanor when pressed about why he come to Newcastle and essentially being called a liar for saying it wasn’t about money is just calm and confident that he knows the reasons so doesn’t care if people don’t believe him. That’s before you layer on all of his points about how important the team is, that it’s not just about him etc, again people can say it’s bollocks but when you look at the managers he’s been coached by (especially Poch, Simeone, and now Howe) I really believe him. Can’t wait until he’s back in the side, watching a player of that calibre is fucking brilliant. 

Absolutely the kid just oozes class i hope he retires here

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to have him back, this is from an athletic piece about Alexander Arnold but shows good and well why Trippier is such a good player and why Southgate loves him so much with england.

image.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

Can't wait to have him back, this is from an athletic piece about Alexander Arnold but shows good and well why Trippier is such a good player and why Southgate loves him so much with england.

image.png

I've never understood the hype about Kyle Walker. It's between Trippier and James for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly I hope he is not back this season, but only on the basis we have already made ourselves mathematically safe and there is no point in him coming back and risking further injury.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Howe said the news of his scan on Friday was worse than expected and had delayed his return.

The board’s very own Private Fraser strikes again!

Quote was I believe “not as positive as we’d hoped” not “worse than expected”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

The board’s very own Private Fraser strikes again!

Quote was I believe “not as positive as we’d hoped” not “worse than expected”.

:lol: Hair splitting or what.

The end result was his return to full training has been delayed.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Hair splitting or what.

The end result was his return to full training has been delayed.

'Not as positive as we hoped' implies that despite a set back it is still positive. 'Worse than expected' implies the already negative outlook has deteriorated further.

Clarity of language is important. e.g. "You're not as clever as I hoped" vs "You're dumb as fuck". See how subtle differences in language can change the meaning?

• Haha 3

Either way we need him back big time. There's perhaps an argument to say that fullback is the most important position on the field these days. And Trippier is one of the best.

It's so nuts btw that fullback is so important now. When I played as a teenager (in Australia so headers were difficult with all the corks in our hats), right fullback was always where we hid the kid who was forced to play by his parents and fuckin' sucked! If you're reaction to that is: 'Hey! I was good and I played right fullback', then, guess what, sweetheart? I've got news for you that's worse than expected.

• Haha 3