The Kieran.

ohhh_yeah

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The NUFC TV commentary is great cos you can always hear what I assume is John Anderson absolutely blowing his beans in the background whenever something genuinely mint like that free kick happens. :lol:

• Haha 3

He scored a great goal and is safe from free kicks, but he missed all three of the team's goals.

In the first, he broke the offside (I think Burn too).
In the second, he defends the position horribly (it is true that he is paired with two rivals, but he is not even able to be in front of the first one and easily wins the position).
In the third, he breaks the offside again.

That is why, because of his defensive problems, that I told you when we signed him, that obviously we were going to improve in position but that against teams that attack a lot, his defensive problems are very noticeable (especially playing 4-4- 2).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

He scored a great goal and is safe from free kicks, but he missed all three of the team's goals.

In the first, he broke the offside (I think Burn too).
In the second, he defends the position horribly (it is true that he is paired with two rivals, but he is not even able to be in front of the first one and easily wins the position).
In the third, he breaks the offside again.

That is why, because of his defensive problems, that I told you when we signed him, that obviously we were going to improve in position but that against teams that attack a lot, his defensive problems are very noticeable (especially playing 4-4- 2).

I thought he was out of position a couple of times early on v forest but they didn't make anything of it. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I thought he was out of position a couple of times early on v forest but they didn't make anything of it. 

It was a real problem in the started of Atletico 20-21 season. He played in 4-4-2 as Right Back and he had some problems with the position.  But as Atletico won the games... Nobody cares. (Very Good Oblak in these days)

In the 9-10 week, Atletico needs to change the system to 3-5-2 because both backs (Trippier and Lodi) are always out of position. And the team improved a lot. 

Y don't believe we need to change our system, but in matches like yesterday, maybe we can started with 3-5-2 or trying to put a Right Winger that helps so much Trippier. 

• Like 1

I'm going to add this from the Guardian's MBM report on the matter:

How often do teams score from a short corner? I’d wager even less frequently, on average, than from a corner sent into the box. On which point, I wonder if data will ever insist players stop shooting from free-kicks, as that hardly ever yields a goal, and have them cross or pass instead.

City scored from a short corner. We scored a free kick.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-trippier-deserves-extended-ban-as-newcastle-united-controversy-analysed-pundit/

Quality punditry from the Brummie cunt here, mind you:

“I think there was a similar foul last season where someone got a red card for it."

'think' and 'someone'. :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike, they'll be paying him for this turgid drivel.

Edited by Craig

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-trippier-deserves-extended-ban-as-newcastle-united-controversy-analysed-pundit/

Quality punditry from the Brummie cunt here, mind you:

'think' and 'someone'. :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike, they'll be paying him for this turgid drivel.

I refuse to believe Agbonlahor thinks

For those not wanting to click:

Kieran Trippier deserves extended ban as Newcastle United controversy analysed - pundit
Gabriel Agbonlahor has suggested Newcastle United defender Kieran Trippier should have been sent off for his challenge on Kevin De Bruyne on Sunday (21 August). Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Aston Villa striker is adamant there was a “similar foul last season” in which a player was shown a straight red.

In the second half on Saturday’s 3-3 draw, Trippier was shown a straight red card for a challenge on De Bruyne. VAR official Peter Bankes instructed referee Jarred Gillett to review his decision on the pitch-side monitor. The referee overturned his on-field decision and the sending off was downgraded to a booking.

When asked by Football Insider for his assessment of the incident, Agbonlahor said:

“I feel that, because of how high it was, you could easily say it was a red card. I don’t think it was dangerous but at the end of the day the contact is high on Kevin De Bruyne’s leg so really, by the rules, it’s high contact so it maybe should be a red card. I think these things change in different games, someone will do that next week and it will be a red card. It depends on the force of the tackle from Trippier. He’s fouled De Bruyne, quite high to make sure he went over. But, there’s no consistency. I think there was a similar foul last season where someone got a red card for it. I think that sort of tackle, it wasn’t meant to hurt De Bruyne, it was meant to stop him.“

What about Schar getting bundled over in the box? 

Nobody is talking about it so I don't give a fuck what decisions seemingly went our way, we seldom get fuck all from refs. 

[SWEARING]

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

For those not wanting to click:

If it’s not easy to come out with all that whilst not really making a point and being so inarticulate 

• Like 1

Agbonlahor with your pencil tache 

At this football lark

You were fucking gash

With your spiv like looks 

And your silly name 

With your useless crack 

And your limited brain 

When your name comes up

You can hear me sigh 

It's true you could make an onion cry 

I've even lost the will to complete this poem