It's true you could make an onion cry 

I've even lost the will to complete this poem 

So I'll leave you to talksport,

Your natural home. 

The end.

Worthy of Giggs himself

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

Aye, Bruno, Joe and Miggy are rightly getting big love, but Trippier is one of the catalysts of our turnaround imho, and fully deserves every plaudit he gets. 

Fucking love the bloke, which, considering I didn’t really get him before he joined us, shows how little I know, and how bloody good he is. 

I reckon he’s already on the level of Rob Lee, Speed, Albert etc as far as importance to the team combined with popularity with the fans. 

When we eventually/inevitably win the FA cup, then the League, I hope he’s the one to lift the cup as Captain. 

• Like 8

The only downside for me is at 32, he hasn't got too many top-level years left. He'll be a tough act to replace when it comes to it.

Absolutely brilliant player, and comfortably the best right-back I've ever seen play for us.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Craig said:

The only downside for me is at 32, he hasn't got too many top-level years left. He'll be a tough act to replace when it comes to it.

Absolutely brilliant player, and comfortably the best right-back I've ever seen play for us.

cough, Barry venison.... (jokes). 

On 31/10/2022 at 15:05, Dougle said:

Sadly that’s only 3 or 4 years.

I think most of us would like to see this bloke play for us for a decade or so.

He is mint.

Could another 4-5 seasons, which is decent. By then we’ll have already signed his replacement but he’ll still be a valuable squad player. 

The player that took a chance on the club when we looked down and out, and cojone shrinkage was a widespread pandemic across players and fans. Would only be right if he's the one to lift the first trophy in ages if and when it comes. 

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect signing to kick off Howe's project. Attitude, leadership, quality on the ball. Some of his play on Saturday was just brilliant to watch. I agree he's the sort of intelligent player that could play at the top level for a few years years yet, not really dependent on raw pace or power. 

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Brilliant news. An outstanding leader and at the center of Howe's revolution, a world class right back. One of the top 5 players statistically in the league, but watch him play and you don't even need to be told statistics, immediately obvious he's different class. 

In 15 years time when Howe wins his 10th title and the club decide he can now fulfil his dream of conquering Europe with Barca, Trips will step in Arteta/Xavi style. 

• Like 1

Interesting to hear him say he’s playing the best football of his career. It didn’t surprise me. He’s sheer class. More of a right winger than right back at times but does his defensive work too. 

• Like 1

I mentioned it earlier in this thread but the fact his game doesn’t rely on express pace should hopefully prolong his career. He’s all

about his passing and vision. Hopefully he can keep playing at this level till he’s 35/36

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Interesting to hear him say he’s playing the best football of his career. It didn’t surprise me. He’s sheer class. More of a right winger than right back at times but does his defensive work too. 

He started as a right winger as a kid