a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

What this episode will succinctly highlight to the owners is that demand far outstrips supply and no doubt they'll be considering steps to take to address that issue going forward. This could accelerate plans to further develop SJP although i doubt the expansion of the Gallowgate to L7 would satisfy the demand for long, if at all. 

Surely consideration of a new stadium must be firmly on their agenda? Even if it's just a feasibility study at this stage?

Is this the return of the fabled 30,000 on the waiting list?

We should send a few professionals to check in on a few of the more furious members on RTG

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Is this the return of the fabled 30,000 on the waiting list?

We should send a few professionals to check in on a few of the more furious members on RTG

cool-wah.gif

• Haha 2

Unless someone dies, that's probably

it for season ticket sales for the foreseeable future.

I was so close to getting one last Summer (gave mine up when the bairn was born 6 years ago) but I just could stomach dropping £600 on a Steve Bruce/Mike Ashley dream team. 

I've heard a similar 'argument' being banded around by :quotes:informed individuals:quotes: on various social media channels and it's utter nonsense.

Whilst a Grade 1 listed structure can be relocated elsewhere in exceptional circumstances, said structure getting in the way of expansion of a sports arena does not constitute 'exceptional circumstances'. :icon_lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It was about as fair as they could make it tbf. Everyone eligible put into a random spot in the queue. Sickner for those who got a ticket and then the website crashed though!

The eligibility wasn't fair, though. I had this with someone on twitter. Somebody could have been to one game in their life after July 2019 and got a season ticket ahead of others who have decades of support. I said nobody should've had priority, decades of support, handful of games or none at all, it shouldn't have mattered. His argument was there would've been moaning if somebody hadn't been to a game and got one ahead of me but my argument is at least I'd have had the same chance of a ticket in my scenario rather than none at all!

• Like 4

I'd agree with that HMHM. It seems madness to put some sort of eligibility in place, it should have been a straight lottery as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Just now, Craig said:

I'd agree with that HMHM. It seems madness to put some sort of eligibility in place, it should have been a straight lottery as far as I'm concerned.

It's really pissed me off tbh, I'd have been happy having the same chance as everybody else, young kids, new fans, old fans, whatever but this fucking stinks. Because I refused to give him my money just before this date I'm locked out? 

Plus I've had three hours kip after a 12 hour night shift so I'm a clear and present danger to every fucker crossing my path let alone any cunt chucking a barricade on that path. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

The eligibility wasn't fair, though. I had this with someone on twitter. Somebody could have been to one game in their life after July 2019 and got a season ticket ahead of others who have decades of support. I said nobody should've had priority, decades of support, handful of games or none at all, it shouldn't have mattered. His argument was there would've been moaning if somebody hadn't been to a game and got one ahead of me but my argument is at least I'd have had the same chance of a ticket in my scenario rather than none at all!

agree with this.

I'd also add that despite being somebody who benefited from the system for every home game post brighton, that season ticket holders should no longer be able to buy tickets for a guest. your season ticket should guarantee your own seat only.

not only that, on a match by match basis members should only be able to get one ticket. it's not going to take you very long to get pissed off you've forked out for a membership only to find out tickets have sold out before you get to your turn in the queue because a thousand people in front of you have all bought a ticket for a mate who isn't a member.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Thanks 1

What did we reckon the capacity would be if the Gallowgate was extended to the same height as the Leazes and West stand? Around 65k? 

We’re going to need a new ground, aren’t we? 

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What did we reckon the capacity would be if the Gallowgate was extended to the same height as the Leazes and West stand? Around 65k? 

We’re going to need a new ground, aren’t we? 

I can't find anything official on capacities of individual stands but there's a lot of chatter saying to expand the SW corner plus the Gallowgate to L7 would add another 7,000 seats. So about 60K

It's fair to say if we had a stadium with the capacity of Old Trafford, we'd easily fill it every week. 

If they did go down the new stadium route they'd need to get it absolutely right and the atmosphere SJP generates to be maintained. You look at some of the new stadia that have been built in this country and they feel soulless. 

That said I still maintain the best atmosphere I ever witnessed in our ground was pre-L7. 

Plenty of options for sites if extending the ground isn't an option;

- Leazes Park

- Town Moor 

- Waterfront/Metro Arena site 

I've always been against moving grounds but if we can genuinely fill 80,000 seats at an average of £600 a season ticket, that's £50mil a season into the transfer budget 

Castle Leazes (site we went for in 1997) or next to the Metro Arena seems the most plausible. We'll never get Town Moor, the council would never agree to it and there'd be hell on. 

I'm sure one of the biggest complaints back in 1997 was about the allotments that'd be lost. Which ironically are no longer there. Problem solved?