a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I suppose I have no chance in general sale

then? :lol: 

Its annoying, attending a previous cup game should allow you to get a ticket to the next round (assuming it’s at home)

All these Jonny come lately’s chasing glory ;) 

It was for the Liverpool game, Tom. Can't make the SF as at work. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck…. I have no idea how this happened but I missed the ST sale for the home leg of the semi final…

You've got till the 23rd to get your own seat I think? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Only the second time this season I've failed to get a home ticket and this time I was on time to get allocated a number, (two attempts as the daughter was also logged in). Season ticket holders getting tapped 100% to get for mates a ticket for this game. 

still showing about a dozen in the milburn stand.... unless of course the site site is glitching again?

Getting to see the matches now is my reward for being a scab during the bad Ashley years. ;)

The irony being I doubt any ST boycotts had any effect on our purchase ultimately but I am feeling somewhat rewarded for suffering under Bruce when it was a fucking chore to go to the game, about akin to visiting the dentist. I guess alcohol helped looking back. Fucking wish I had kept my superior seats in the East stand though instead of moving to the NW corner. Would have been perfect for me now, best view of the match, blanket on me knees and a thermos flask. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I grew up going in the East Stand. Right on the half way line. One of my first memories at a match was the noise of Brian Tinnion twatting long diagonal balls. Dad used to bring a flask of bovril in. Mix that with a smell of fags and booze. Magic.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hope so :lol: I can’t get anything bar a Liverpool ticket at the moment 

think they go sale next tuesday for memebers and season ticket holders for an extra one, pretty sure you can still get your own anytime till then.

this morning was bedlam, im sure next tuesday will be the same.

it's at times like this you appreciate you kept all your old phones back to the galaxy s4 instead of being a tight cunt and trading them in against an upgrade!  :lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

still showing about a dozen in the milburn stand.... unless of course the site site is glitching again?

There was a few seats but when you clicked it glitches so were obviously taken or already being in the process of being bought. Didn't have bother for the Brentford, Palace and Bournemouth games funny enough. :glare:

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Getting to see the matches now is my reward for being a scab during the bad Ashley years. ;)

The irony being I doubt any ST boycotts had any effect on our purchase ultimately but I am feeling somewhat rewarded for suffering under Bruce when it was a fucking chore to go to the game, about akin to visiting the dentist. I guess alcohol helped looking back. Fucking wish I had kept my superior seats in the East stand though instead of moving to the NW corner. Would have been perfect for me now, best view of the match, blanket on me knees and a thermos flask. 

It's not always just about boycotts tbf. Loads of reasons and usually combinations why people have to jack it in. That's just the way shit goes sometimes. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

might as well have been from nottingham you.   ;)

• Haha 1

I don’t blame anyone for packing it in like, I’d more likely question the sanity of those who stayed. 

Ashley/Bruce was peak NUFC depression. It was boundless gloom punctuated by a giant sports direct mug full of piss.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There was a few seats but when you clicked it glitches so were obviously taken or already being in the process of being bought. Didn't have bother for the Brentford, Palace and Bournemouth games funny enough. :glare:

It's not always just about boycotts tbf. Loads of reasons and usually combinations why people have to jack it in. That's just the way shit goes sometimes. 

I know, in truth only kept an ST as part of the 10 year deal and to encourage the kids to get into the football. In the Ashley years I quite frequently gave them away (as nobody would buy the fuckers) and sometimes they weren't used at all. It's worked out well though, cos the kids aren't that bothered about going but they are getting to the age they can be left with friends/relatives more easily. But I am a bit worried about price increases now demand is so high tbh. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

Fair chance next year I won't bother with getting the two memberships as it's £70+ for the fuck on of just trying to get a ticket plus she'll be over 18 so that's the decent chance of a pair of tickets and cheaper option of the family enclosure in L7 of the Millburn gone. Armchair fan it might just be from next year if things don't change as I just HaVeN't DoNe ThE HaRd YaRdS as the nufc twitter twats like to say from time to time. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nope, there’s a few sections such as leazes front near the corner flags where you can get several seats together.

What's the point of a paid membership if that's the case?

42 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Should've made the membership free then. :good:

or at least make the price you pay for it worthwhile.

at the end of the day i've got no problem with the club charging me £30 for a membership or that the ticket i buy costs me more on a match by match basis than that of a season ticket holder.

the perks to being a season ticket holder is your ticket for a match costs you less, guarantees you a seat and affords you priority in obtaining tickets for away games and trips to wembley etc. that's the way it always has been and rightfully so.

simplifying numbers,

the ground holds 52,300

away supporters get 2,300 tickets.

there's 35,000 season ticket holders.

there's 10,000 members

5,000 have to go on general sale.

going forward i think all initial sales should be limited to members only and the amount of tickets made available corresponds to whatever it is the club have limited memberships to. any unsold ones should be added to the pot of general sale.

i mean i appreciate i'm an old cunt with a fading memory as well as being someone who never reads terms and conditions, but i honestly have no recollection of the season ticket i had giving me the benefit of buying a ticket for somebody else as well as having my own seat. i can only imagine this was something the fat cunt brought in to try and combat falling attendances?

anyway. i say this as a massive fucking hypocrite who benefited from the current system as a non member from the brighton home game onwards last season. however it probably needs to change because these sale days are getting fucking absurd.   :)