a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

34 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

massively off topic i know, but i stood in the pissing down with rain and listened to this. trafalgar square's defining moment..... :)

Magnificent. 

citizen kane applause GIF

• Like 2

On 03/02/2023 at 21:53, ewerk said:

Oh you poor fool…

6678C025-92E9-4208-822E-2DBA7D64B2EB.jpeg

He'd be persuading them. "no, no pet, it's like a musical! You'll love it"

• Haha 1

Well we got five tickets this morning no problem for our end behind the goal.

I really don't think anyone who is down to period 4 has anything to worry about at all.  There's best part of 33k tickets and we only have about 31k season ticket holders in total.  There's not a chance every single one of those season ticket holders will go for a multitude of reasons (can't afford it, at work, can't be arsed with the travel, just don't go to away games).  They reckon about 3-4k will get lost to coporate and staff so that still leaves about 29k tickets available.  Bear in mind that period 5 is still season ticket holders, so they must know that there must be a reasonable amount who qualify for period 5 but not 4 or they would just have not bothered with the period 5 bracket.  The only reason period 4 will be a ballot will be down to availability fo certain areas/seats together.  I'd actually be very surprised if anyone in period 5 doesn't manage to get a ticket as well.

It's also worth noting that aparently there is only around 12k who have any points whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lad I know has paid £5k for a corporate package for him and his dad. Crackers. 

Mate of mine has the same agent as Idris Elba and has genuinely been pressuring them to see if Stringer Bell can sort him out with a couple via Mandy.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lad I know has paid £5k for a corporate package for him and his dad. Crackers. 

Is that the club wembley thing?  From what I understand with that you get tickets for both finals and the FA Cup semi.  As well as England matches, NFL and concerts too.  If that's the case, you'd easily be able to make money on those tickets.

45 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Is that the club wembley thing?  From what I understand with that you get tickets for both finals and the FA Cup semi.  As well as England matches, NFL and concerts too.  If that's the case, you'd easily be able to make money on those tickets.

Nah I don't know exactly what the setup is but they get a hotel the night before the game as well. It's not the Club Wembley one though. Which actually makes it even worse cos its £5k for one game. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nah I don't know exactly what the setup is but they get a hotel the night before the game as well. It's not the Club Wembley one though. Which actually makes it even worse cos its £5k for one game. :lol:

Fucking hell that is pricey.

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Well we got five tickets this morning no problem for our end behind the goal.

I really don't think anyone who is down to period 4 has anything to worry about at all.  There's best part of 33k tickets and we only have about 31k season ticket holders in total.  There's not a chance every single one of those season ticket holders will go for a multitude of reasons (can't afford it, at work, can't be arsed with the travel, just don't go to away games).  They reckon about 3-4k will get lost to coporate and staff so that still leaves about 29k tickets available.  Bear in mind that period 5 is still season ticket holders, so they must know that there must be a reasonable amount who qualify for period 5 but not 4 or they would just have not bothered with the period 5 bracket.  The only reason period 4 will be a ballot will be down to availability fo certain areas/seats together.  I'd actually be very surprised if anyone in period 5 doesn't manage to get a ticket as well.

It's also worth noting that aparently there is only around 12k who have any points whatsoever.

there's no doubt you're right there and for all the reasons you list. i think though that it's unlikely to impact how far down the qualifying period the overall allocation drops to, because you can rest assured that for everyone not able to make it there'll be half a dozen people hassling them to get one on their behalf.

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

there's no doubt you're right there and for all the reasons you list. i think though that it's unlikely to impact how far down the qualifying period the overall allocation drops to, because you can rest assured that for everyone not able to make it there'll be half a dozen people hassling them to get one on their behalf.

I've no doubt there will be some but I'd be willing to bet everything I have there'll be season tickets that aren't used for a ticket for this.

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've no doubt there will be some but I'd be willing to bet everything I have there'll be season tickets that aren't used for a ticket for this.

well you might be right, but equally i'd be willing to bet that there'll be people who've been able to get a ticket for just about every away game this season suddenly finds their source is off to wembley. that's just the way it is.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

well you might be right, but equally i'd be willing to bet that there'll be people who've been able to get a ticket for just about every away game this season suddenly finds their source is off to wembley. that's just the way it is.

Someone I know has a couple and their mate has a couple directly next to them. The lad I know has been to all the cup games but took his whole family by utilising the pair next to his too. Now this other fella is wanting to go to Wembley with the points he didn’t really earn. I can understand it but it’s a tad cheeky at the same time :lol: especially as the lad I know was hoping to get 4 so they could all go. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Looks like I’m going to sit with the press wankers. 

If you don’t get Tom, HMHM & broken doll tickets for the press box just for the crack I think you’re missing a comedic trick tbh :cuppa: 

image.gif.d7317218129c88f2d331fd9a9c00f187.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If you don’t get Tom, HMHM & broken doll tickets for the press box just for the crack I think you’re missing a comedic trick tbh :cuppa: 

image.gif.d7317218129c88f2d331fd9a9c00f187.gif

I can get a hold of a trilby, Mac and a bit of white cardboard with 'Press' written on it no bother. :good:

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I can get a hold of a trilby, Mac and a bit of white cardboard with 'Press' written on it no bother. :good:

Aye, but which press, high press, deep press, low press or interstitial press ?? Maybe even Xpress.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 5

"Alright, Chief? Lee Rydeout from the Newcastle Morning Comical. I'm looking for my photographer in the press box, a Dr. Gloomy. Any chance you could direct me there via the mahogany of a public licensed premises?"

7a6pms.jpg.fec9fac024d64b553df371ea9573b3ce.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 10