a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

And time for the peasants to enter the ballot :lol: 

was 3001 in the queue and took about 14 minutes to get on. only really logged on before 10 just out of curiosity to see how big the queue was when it went live. expected more to be honest.

mind you, there's probably only half a dozen tickets put aside for us low rankers!  :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

was 3001 in the queue and took about 14 minutes to get on. only really logged on before 10 just out of curiosity to see how big the queue was when it went live. expected more to be honest.

mind you, there's probably only half a dozen tickets put aside for us low rankers!  :lol:

3 times it gave me an error message before eventually working :lol: 

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Not sure my email to the nust got through so I've sent an amended and added to email to their proper address including loyalty points. 

Hi,

Just a couple of observations of the limited number of STs made available at the beginning of the season and the Wembley situation. I wasn't allowed to apply for STs as I last had a purchase history just prior to the date given as a cut off by the club, my first match was forty years ago and I've had STs in the past, the first being in the almost relegation to the 3rd div season of 91-92 in the Milburn stand. Somebody who had theoretically been to only one game after the mysterious date chosen was considered more loyal than me who was purposefully not paying for any nufc merchandise or tickets in a vain attempt to get rid of the then owner.

Me and my daughter are paid up members and have been to every home league match this season bar Everton, (midweek and at work) and Leeds, (I wasn't successful getting one). There is literally no category I fall into for a ballot of Wembley tickets, even the general public category as I couldn't go to the midweek cup games for the shift work reason mentioned already. So again, in theory, somebody who isn't a member, could've went to only one heavily subsidised match and have a slim chance of a ticket to my none. I'm a nust member and was previously a nusc member having attended the initial meeting at the Tyneside Irish centre, I feel like my initial activism in trying to get rid of the owner has been thrown in my face by the new ownership with the examples above and by my own fans trust IF they in any way advised the club on the above examples. I do not expect any preferential treatment to ST holders however I don't expect negative treatment to non-ST holders or non members.

Also, loyalty points. For obvious reasons I'm not a huge fan of these, but however flawed and open to abuse, they're here to stay, fair enough, the only thing I'd suggest going forward is a small percentage is set aside for those with little or none to get on the ladder. My away days are virtually done so I'm thinking of the future fans. If loyalty points are the fairest way for the status quo away going fan then what's the opinion of the trust on loyalty points for PL games at home for members? I'd be personally against it but I'm really struggling to see the difference between myself, who has been to every home league game bar Everton, (Work), and Leeds and Liverpool, (unsuccessful) and the fan who only gets a ticket for Liverpool? That seems to me to be not rewarding my 'loyalty'? What's the difference between that and the away loyalty points? I'm wondering what the odds are that I'll also be unlucky v Man U, Arsenal, Spurs etc? Should I be rewarded with points for attending Brentford, Bournemouth, Palace and co? If not then why have them for the away games? Is the current system only there for certain fans but not others? 

Would love some response other than, 'you can't please everyone'.

Regards,

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In the ballot this morning but can’t say I’m holding out much hope. Also, why the fuck did I have to queue to enter a ballot? :lol: Are our web servers really that bad?

I thought you had a ST?

So, to get this straight, the new owners are a bunch of cunts because they have put together an absolute shite system of sorting tickets for a cup final?

Well fuck me. Bring back Big Fat Fucking Mike, that cunt would have had the best system in the world to share out cup final tickets. What the fuck have we all been thinking of this last year and a half?

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I thought you had a ST?

Nah, fucked it off as soon as Rafa walked as that felt like the last sliver of positivity gone. And even with the ticket, I think I amassed about 10 loyalty points in my time. Got the membership at the start of the season and have got to a fair few of the home games but they’ll be a nightmare to get next year as well.

• Like 1

I was in Priority Group 3 - season ticket holder been to every carabou cup match , no loyalty points (despite 10+ years)

From my perspective, it was pretty good - I am really pleased with how they integrated the wembley seating plan into the the book.nufc.co.uk website - great work.

Scary shit though at the time - we've booked our room with 3 beds in Brentford and train tickets a while back , with a backup plan of going on a mini break with my wife if we got knocked out.

We met on vid conferencing and it made no fucking difference what time you joined the queue to the number you had (I logged on at 6am , the other lad at 9am and the last at 10 - there was 10 minutes difference between us!)

Even in group 3, tickets were very limited (I'd guess at around 4000 left on Wednesday), we booked something in level 5 - then I saw some in "Club Wembley" (seats only) and booked those for the 3 of us as a group .

Then it got real.
Couldnt remove the 3 seats in level 5 from the basket (your selection will leave 1 seat free, which isnt allowed) and couldn't buy the level 5 ones because (only 1 ticket per member).
Mates then start getting all shouty and nervous , but as an ex ex-pat , I'm used to using the nufc booking system - manually go into the seats again and unselect them, rather than delete from basket - worked! 

fuck me, if I wasn't shaking by the time it was done and 125 quid lighter when we were expecting the max ticket price to be 100! That said, the whole weekend, leaving on the Saturday, staying over 2 nights, tickets and train was 300 notes.

Probably doesn't read well, but fuck it, that's my story. 14 more sleeps.

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 2

On 02/02/2023 at 23:28, strawb said:

Well my I’m an exiled smoggy who trudged through the early 90’s due to a Geordie neighbour, him and his son took me games I had no business been at. Lived in Manchester for about 9 years, London before that and leeds/North Africa/Spain/Asia previously. 

I will be watching this at home with my best mate who is a smoggy season ticket holder and my missus who once waved that stupid champions league flag on the pitch at old Trafford. 

One or the other (maybe both) will be getting told to fuck off all night, but I still can’t wait. 

Just been informed by her that apparently we are going to London that weekend. FOR A FUCKING EXHIBITION.

So plan is now drive down early Saturday, go to this fucking thing she wants to see. Night in a hotel in Richmond and drive back first thing Sunday.

If I miss the match because of traffic there will be a house for sale in Manchester if anyone fancies a move.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Nah, fucked it off as soon as Rafa walked as that felt like the last sliver of positivity gone. And even with the ticket, I think I amassed about 10 loyalty points in my time. Got the membership at the start of the season and have got to a fair few of the home games but they’ll be a nightmare to get next year as well.

Sports direct arena shite was when I chucked the ST, went back with Rafa in the vain hope an actual respected manager might show Ashley what a half decent NUFC could be like but ditched before his last season when it was clear the cunt wasn't for turning.

The fume over tickets is unreal. NUST can get fucked, but it didn't matter what the club did, it would have been wrong in the eyes of anyone who didn't get a ticket.

Im watching it in town. Get to see the Bigg Market get smashed up if we win or lose 👍

• Like 2

On 11/02/2023 at 13:54, strawb said:

Just been informed by her that apparently we are going to London that weekend. FOR A FUCKING EXHIBITION.

So plan is now drive down early Saturday, go to this fucking thing she wants to see. Night in a hotel in Richmond and drive back first thing Sunday.

If I miss the match because of traffic there will be a house for sale in Manchester if anyone fancies a move.

Tell her there’s an absolute exhibition you want to see on the Sunday Afternoon. 

Then arrange with CT where you’re meeting him. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The replies thanking him for “giving us our club back” …. don’t get me wrong am not unhappy but ffs we’re literally owned by Saudi Arabia… 🤮

It's fucking nauseating. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fume over tickets is unreal. NUST can get fucked, but it didn't matter what the club did, it would have been wrong in the eyes of anyone who didn't get a ticket.

Im watching it in town. Get to see the Bigg Market get smashed up if we win or lose 👍

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Lol, been checking every 15 minutes or so since last night. I did sleep for a bit :lol: 

I wonder what time the first hoot will pop up on twitter/facebook claiming they've had an email confirming a ticket?

I reckon at least an hour before the ticket office opens, never mind them start up the tombola machine!  :lol:

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wonder what time the first hoot will pop up on twitter/facebook claiming they've had an email confirming a ticket?

I reckon at least an hour before the ticket office opens, never mind them start up the tombola machine!  :lol:

One of my daughters said they start dropping at 10am.

I was sitting this morning waiting for an email or bank notification on my phone.

Sure enough the Barclays money spent motivation popped up and I got very excited until I realised it was our lass at Sainsbury’s :( 

• Haha 3