a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

One of my daughters said they start dropping at 10am.

I was sitting this morning waiting for an email or bank notification on my phone.

Sure enough the Barclays money spent motivation popped up and I got very excited until I realised it was our lass at Sainsbury’s :( 

Sausage and beans in a tin or Lloyd Grossman?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Got Covid and really needed a bacon and egg sarnie.

I'm not a Doctor, but I'm not sure that's the panacea you're after.

• Haha 2

Just read in t&cs, "If you do not receive an email then, unfortunately the number of ballot applications received
has exceeded available ticket capacity and you have not been successful."

It's going to be a long day...

In the end we had to go to the box office just to get in the draw (at least they said that, but I doubt anything was actioned). I'm guessing that hasn't been successful as nothing has come out my bank account and tbh I'm not eve sure I authorised card details! So category 1 and category 4 ST holders who sit together, and no tickets (but a lot of hassle thrown in). Slow handclap for NUFC if this is the case.

My biggest gripe about this is the complete fuck up with communications and transparency with the club. So as I've said, being tier 1 (with more than double enough loyalty points) obviously you're entitled to tickets, but I didn't want one alone and didn't want to risk getting two not sat together, with one of them being for a minor (incidentally, I only just missed out on tier 3 purchase for the second ticket by only going to 2 cup matches, not 3). But it was only after the automatic purchasing had closed before they informed me that had I bought a ticket and then and got one in the draw, we would have been guaranteed to have sat together, because of said minor. But by then we weren't eligible for the draw, because 1 was eligible for an outright purchase, and the other was a minor! And I suspect the box office eventually just paid us lip service and didn't even enter us when we complained because of a "computer says no" situation. Fair to say I'm fairly pissed off with this situation. 

Edited by Renton
  • Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 2

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

One of my daughters said they start dropping at 10am.

I was sitting this morning waiting for an email or bank notification on my phone.

Sure enough the Barclays money spent motivation popped up and I got very excited until I realised it was our lass at Sainsbury’s :( 

My work mate checked his bank for any pending payments and saw the word "Newcastle" and for one glorius millisecond sheer ecstasy..........then saw "Building Society".............BOLLOCKS

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 4

logged in to book nufc co uk and in the history section it showed my travelling buddy (p4 priority) had made a ballot transaction on 14.2.23. for man utd v newcastle.

text his son saying like your dad's got one.

2 minutes later it had disappeared out of the history!

they can't fuck this up surely?!   :lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

logged in to book nufc co uk and in the history section it showed my travelling buddy (p4 priority) had made a ballot transaction on 14.2.23. for man utd v newcastle.

text his son saying like your dad's got one.

2 minutes later it had disappeared out of the history!

they can't fuck this up surely?!   :lol:

It's saying 'Error! Bad Request' when I click on ballot after logging in 🤦‍♂️

• Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

It's saying 'Error! Bad Request' when I click on ballot after logging in 🤦‍♂️

aye.

I mean common sense would suggest once p3 had finished and they knew how many tickets were left over and how many tickets were gonna be allocated to each of sections p4, p5, p6 and p7 that they would just conduct each ballot separately, surely?

I can see the ticket purchasing history of all the people I'm linked to. it most definitely had my mate as having made a transaction today for man ud v newcastle with a note of ballot transaction next to. 

then like a puff of smoke it was gone! I've hallucinated many times in the past, but this wasn't one of those occasions!  :lol:

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye.

I mean common sense would suggest once p3 had finished and they knew how many tickets were left over and how many tickets were gonna be allocated to each of sections p4, p5, p6 and p7 that they would just conduct each ballot separately, surely?

I can see the ticket purchasing history of all the people I'm linked to. it most definitely had my mate as having made a transaction today for man ud v newcastle with a note of ballot transaction next to. 

then like a puff of smoke it was gone! I've hallucinated many times in the past, but this wasn't one of those occasions!  :lol:

Is it not going through p4 to p7 as ballots until the tickets have gone? Or does it mean that some in p4 miss out, but some in p7 go to Wembley?

4 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

Is it not going through p4 to p7 as ballots until the tickets have gone? Or does it mean that some in p4 miss out, but some in p7 go to Wembley?

no, apparently they've allocated some to each section.

there's now people reckoning that the ticket they bought during p1 has disappeared out of their history!  :lol:

32 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye.

You’ve deleted your mates ticket by poking about, haven’t you :lol: 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Craig said:

This better be someone on the wind up else it's a fucking disgrace.

Absolutely gutted to miss out in P4 and this is 🤦‍♂️

Feels like a kick in the teeth especially given we just received our season ticket renewal info email after the ten year price freeze we commited to. Still renewing mind.

Ah well.