a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

46 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Looking like nowt here but was working on the assumption I wasn’t getting one so can’t say I’m that disappointed. The practicalities of actually getting to the fucking place have been all I’ve thinking about since the weekend :lol: 

So, where’s everyone watching it? :lol: :lol: 

29 minutes ago, ackas said:

No skin in this game, but surely if someone in P5, P6 or P7 is getting a ticket ahead of someone in P4, then something has gone wrong?

It makes the criteria for 4-7 completely pointless. I'd love to hear the rationale around this from NUST.

17 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

It makes the criteria for 4-7 completely pointless. I'd love to hear the rationale around this from NUST.

There's people who have got tickets and for whom this is only their second or third ever game. Bit of a joke really. The other thing is the delay in telling people whether they're succesful has made transporet/hotels impossible. I'll just watch it on the telly now. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

There's people who have got tickets and for whom this is only their second or third ever game. Bit of a joke really. The other thing is the delay in telling people whether they're succesful has made transporet/hotels impossible. I'll just watch it on the telly now. 

If, as it appears, they were keeping some back from each ballot for the next, they may as well have done all the ballots together.  Then even if they wanted to make sure a certain percentage from each section would get a ticket, they surely could have gave each application a weighting.  Then at least they wouldn't have had to wait as long before people found out.  I know a lot of people who booked trains and hotels weeks ago and just made the decision that they would go down anyway but not everyone is in the position to do that.  I realise it's not possible to get all of this done as soon as we qualified but they really needed to get things concluded quicker than they have.  Hopefully this is the first of many occasions like this and the club get slicker at it going forward.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

I'd be astonished if hurst and his mates had any meaningful input in to how the tickets were allocated, the club were probably only pandering to them.  :lol:

as for the criteria bit, I'm gonna agree with me mate @David Kelly with regard to weighting.

I would imagine the club are probably aware they've got members in p6 who've been to every home game, including cups, since they rocked up in town 17 months ago. it would be hard to argue that a small number of tickets were kept back for that reason and it probably wouldn't have been much more than a handful.

it would be hard for anybody in p4 or certainly p5 to argue that a weighted member as above was any less deserving than a ticket than them.  :)

just as an aside....

my mate (aka chauffeur) who had a fuck off massive stroke 10 years or so got one (p4) today.

poor fucker spent 5 months in hospital 'locked in', been a long hard slog for him over the last six or 7 years regaining his speech, mobility etc.

obviously during that time his season ticket lapsed. his 2 kids chipped in and bought him one for the beginning of the 21/22 season to celebrate him getting his driving license back, so he really hit the jackpot there!

delighted for him after what he's been through.  :)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

just as an aside....

my mate (aka chauffeur) who had a fuck off massive stroke 10 years or so got one (p4) today.

poor fucker spent 5 months in hospital 'locked in', been a long hard slog for him over the last six or 7 years regaining his speech, mobility etc.

obviously during that time his season ticket lapsed. his 2 kids chipped in and bought him one for the beginning of the 21/22 season to celebrate him getting his driving license back, so he really hit the jackpot there!

delighted for him after what he's been through.  :)

jesus. Being “locked in” as they call it lettry much sounds like my worst nightmare. Glad to hear he recovered 👍🏼

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AJW17 said:

I have 1 club Wembley ticket going for what I paid for it online from live football tickets.

Drop me a message if you’re interested. 

adamwalton17 on Twitter, my accounts currently protected. 

First time I have seen somebody give a reason for an edit.

Edited by Renton
Just cos. Suck my plums.

5 hours ago, ackas said:

No skin in this game, but surely if someone in P5, P6 or P7 is getting a ticket ahead of someone in P4, then something has gone wrong?

My mate has had a season ticket for 12 seasons. Didn't get a cup final ticket.

Yet members who went to a cup game have got one?

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This is a disgrace. No member should get a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder. 

Difficult job but I'm not thinking they've done a good job of it. 

53 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Beyond a joke that like 

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My pal's had a season ticket for 30 years and is in the same boat.  It doesn't appear that the ballot section has been well done at all.  I'm hearing lots of people who were in the first section of the ballot didn't get a ticket.  I'm all for finding ways for more people to get a chance for tickets for both home and away games, but it's more than a little harsh to think that people who have spent years supporting the club through thin and thin have missed out to people who's shown very little interest in the past (I appreciate that this isn't the case with everyone) or cunts who just buying tickets to get themselves more points and then selling them on.  I also think the club should have better explained how the ballot process was going to work.  I think, justifiably, most people in the first section of the ballot will have expected a ticket and may have made plans/incurred costs on that basis.  At least if they had just said it's basically a free ballot and the sections are just so that we can ensure there's no problems for anyone trying to apply, then those people could have made a more informed choice as to whether they would risk their money.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

My pal's had a season ticket for 30 years and is in the same boat.  It doesn't appear that the ballot section has been well done at all.  I'm hearing lots of people who were in the first section of the ballot didn't get a ticket.  I'm all for finding ways for more people to get a chance for tickets for both home and away games, but it's more than a little harsh to think that people who have spent years supporting the club through thin and thin have missed out to people who's shown very little interest in the past (I appreciate that this isn't the case with everyone) or cunts who just buying tickets to get themselves more points and then selling them on.  I also think the club should have better explained how the ballot process was going to work.  I think, justifiably, most people in the first section of the ballot will have expected a ticket and may have made plans/incurred costs on that basis.  At least if they had just said it's basically a free ballot and the sections are just so that we can ensure there's no problems for anyone trying to apply, then those people could have made a more informed choice as to whether they would risk their money.

I've also read comments by fans saying it blows the discussion wide open now around access to tickets for league games, especially away tickets. I fully respect the away ticket prioritisation as those who travel to every/most away games should have priority to those tickets. But personally, I don't stand a chance of a sniff at away tickets as I don't have enough loyalty points and can't grow them to be one who goes to every away game. I'd sell my wife to be at every away game!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

I've also read comments by fans saying it blows the discussion wide open now around access to tickets for league games, especially away tickets. I fully respect the away ticket prioritisation as those who travel to every/most away games should have priority to those tickets. But personally, I don't stand a chance of a sniff at away tickets as I don't have enough loyalty points and can't grow them to be one who goes to every away game. I'd sell my wife to be at every away game!

Personally I'd like to see a small portion of the away tickets saved for general sale each match.  At least then people without points would have a chance of starting to build up some points.  The problem with the way it is now is it's not allowing for the next generation of away supporters to have a chance to get tickets.  And I know for a fact you get people who have hundreds of points getting tickets for every game and selling them to other people just to keep their points increasing.  Most of the away games I've been to in the last few years have been on someone elses tickets.

• Like 1

Made more sense to just go through the pots and give everyone who wanted a ticket one until they ran out. Crazy to make a load of fans in pot 4 miss tickets so that those in pot 7 can get some.

If we ever add 10k seats on top of the Gallowgate there's going to be hell on figuring out how to allocate them. My 6 years as a season ticket holder during the Ashley years appears to put me below fans who've had a membership for 12months?