a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

23 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Personally I'd like to see a small portion of the away tickets saved for general sale each match.  At least then people without points would have a chance of starting to build up some points.  The problem with the way it is now is it's not allowing for the next generation of away supporters to have a chance to get tickets.  And I know for a fact you get people who have hundreds of points getting tickets for every game and selling them to other people just to keep their points increasing.  Most of the away games I've been to in the last few years have been on someone elses tickets.

Are season tickets/loyalty points transferrable to family members? So when I can't go anymore, can I transfer ST and points to my son?

4 minutes ago, loonyTOON said:

Are season tickets/loyalty points transferrable to family members? So when I can't go anymore, can I transfer ST and points to my son?

I'm not sure if they technically are but when I lost my dad last year we managed to get his season ticket transferred to my mate, and they left my dads points on the ticket.  I suspect this was an oversight though.  Mind he had ridiculously few points considering he'd went to shit loads of away games whan he was younger in the pre Shepherd days.  I know someone else who took over a guy's tickets and kept all his points.  This bloke used to go to every game so there were hundreds of points.

How do the points work?

I had a season ticket from about 1988-2002 (when I moved 300+ miles away). I went to a shit load of cup games including Europe in this time and went to a game whenever I came back up.

I had to re-sign up last year but they couldn't find any details (nor could I find my supporter number) so I started from scratch.

All I have on my history is one Carabao cup game this year that got me in the ballot 7. 

32 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

How do the points work?

I had a season ticket from about 1988-2002 (when I moved 300+ miles away). I went to a shit load of cup games including Europe in this time and went to a game whenever I came back up.

I had to re-sign up last year but they couldn't find any details (nor could I find my supporter number) so I started from scratch.

All I have on my history is one Carabao cup game this year that got me in the ballot 7. 

My mate who took over my dads ticket used to have his own for years up to about three years ago when he chucked it because of Ashley. At that point he had a load of points too and he asked if he could get them back and added to the ticket he has now.  They told him that they can't do that.  Still not sure why they left my dads points on though.

55 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

How do the points work?

There's only a record of me having one season ticket, I was on the phone and they lost all the data as there was some transfer to another system or some such bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's only a record of me having one season ticket, I was on the phone and they lost all the data as there was some transfer to another system or some such bollocks. 

Ah data migration, the funnest thing in IT world ever.

How fucking difficult would it be to assign the amount of points someone had when transferring their other details? I bet they didn’t lose the addresses or emails to ask for renewals 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

How fucking difficult would it be to assign the amount of points someone had when transferring their other details? I bet they didn’t lose the addresses or emails to ask for renewals 

Thus speaks someone who has never done a data migration

I would bet they did lose some of everything, if it ain't done right (which can be difficult) you will lose stuff

😉

Edited by Toonpack

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Cunts using Excel or Access for data. Amateurs. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

up last year but they couldn't find any details (nor could I find my supporter number) so I started from scratch.

All I have on my history is one Carabao cu

Blame Ashley, happened under him, some of my mates are still on 10 year deals though because that bit can't be found either and it's left it a legal quagmire. I chucked mine after Rafa went, then buckled and bought one back , lost everything.

Some peoples misfortune is others pure fucking jamminess. 480 quid for a season ticket in a good seat.

• Like 1

I went to loads of away games as well back in the day.   It would have been funny if I got picked in the ballot as that cup game v Palace was the only ticket I have on record as buying (plus I couldnt make it as my meeting got moved so I had to come up the next week instead 😄 so I gave my ticket away).

Its impossible to get away tickets now so not sure how I can build up any points to get my supafan status back.

On 14/02/2023 at 21:42, Ugly Mackems said:

This is a disgrace. No member should get a ticket ahead of a season ticket holder. 

Difficult job but I'm not thinking they've done a good job of it. 

if there was to be any consolation whatsoever to another newcastle wembley defeat it would be that a self proclaimed 'super fan' like you had actually bothered to get off his fat fucking arse and attend it.

you rack up an impressive three hundred and fucking four miles a season driving from your north shields hovel to stink out the labour club before wobbling to the match and sitting in silence.

as for your fucking 'loyalty' points, you don't go to fucking away games, yer fat cunt, you buy tickets to sell on, in order only to preserve the delusion that you're the greatest supporter newcastle's ever had, yer fucking moronic halfwit.

so, yer sanctimonious cunt, bear in mind that there's lowly members that put more miles in on one leg of a journey to a match than you do in a fucking year.

get in yer car next sunday, and have a fucking head on with a really solid brick wall.   :)

I was offered a ticket by a friend of a friend for a grand yesterday. I’m sure there are fans desperate to go who will pay that much and I can see why people are cashing in during s cost of living crisis but it’s taking the piss out of fellow fans. I was hoping to get a seat with our fans but I couldn’t justify paying that much.

• Like 2

Members are cunts who don't deserve a fucking thing, they're notoriously fickle fans who have barely been to a game in their life, I should know, I'm one. I can only dream of holding a season ticket in my hand and being a season ticket holder or even balancing a season ticket on my head and being a season ticket balancer. But alas, I am not worthy. I beg forgiveness from any season ticket clutcher I happen to pass in the street and shall prostate myself before them begging them for even just a small modicum of their piss should they wish to grant me some of their steaming stream and piss on me in the street. God bless them, each and every one. 

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was offered a ticket by a friend of a friend for a grand yesterday. I’m sure there are fans desperate to go who will pay that much and I can see why people are cashing in during s cost of living crisis but it’s taking the piss out of fellow fans. I was hoping to get a seat with our fans but I couldn’t justify paying that much.

My cousin can get me corporate for £600-800 but I’m not interested at that price. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

My cousin can get me corporate for £600-800 but I’m not interested at that price. 

this was just a standard seat. no hospitality or anything. just a random bloke cashing in 

11 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

if there was to be any consolation whatsoever to another newcastle wembley defeat it would be that a self proclaimed 'super fan' like you had actually bothered to get off his fat fucking arse and attend it.

you rack up an impressive three hundred and fucking four miles a season driving from your north shields hovel to stink out the labour club before wobbling to the match and sitting in silence.

as for your fucking 'loyalty' points, you don't go to fucking away games, yer fat cunt, you buy tickets to sell on, in order only to preserve the delusion that you're the greatest supporter newcastle's ever had, yer fucking moronic halfwit.

so, yer sanctimonious cunt, bear in mind that there's lowly members that put more miles in on one leg of a journey to a match than you do in a fucking year.

get in yer car next sunday, and have a fucking head on with a really solid brick wall.   :)

what's with everyone today? :lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I love this.