a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Daughter is telling me that pubs within a mile of Wembley are not allowed to screen the match.

Anyone know if that’s right?

Give me half an hour and I'll give them all a ring. :good:

• Haha 6

I mean it’s not too much to ask our London contingent for a bit of local knowledge :lol: 

Ideally on the Sunday I would like to pick myself out of whatever gutter I’ve slept in, back to the hotel for a wash and then out into Covent Garden area for pre match drinks.

I then fancied heading off to Wembley to soak up some of that atmosphere and then head into a pub for kick off, followed by rejoining the masses post match.

I might just head to Wembley for the atmosphere and then back into central London to watch it. 

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I mean it’s not too much to ask our London contingent for a bit of local knowledge :lol: 

Ideally on the Sunday I would like to pick myself out of whatever gutter I’ve slept in, back to the hotel for a wash and then out into Covent Garden area for pre match drinks.

I then fancied heading off to Wembley to soak up some of that atmosphere and then head into a pub for kick off, followed by rejoining the masses post match.

I might just head to Wembley for the atmosphere and then back into central London to watch it. 

Gloom and Meenzer live South of the River. What advice are you hoping for other than "Don't try and get a cab across the river late at night?"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Gloom and Meenzer live South of the River. What advice are you hoping for other than "Don't try and get a cab across the river late at night?"

:lol:  Well maybe they’ve ventured into town and know good bars with big screens for watching football. :dunno:

Edited by Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

mate, wembley is a shithole - it's fucking miles from anywhere and the only reason to go there is to watch something at the stadium or the arena. i have zero local knowledge about the boozwers, but i'd probably avoid the area tbh - unless you fancy storming the stadium later like those coked-up radgies in the euro 2020 final. if so, try kicking things off by sticking a flare up your arse in leicester square 

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  Well maybe they’ve ventured into town and know good bars with big screens for watching football. :dunno:

i don't usually venture into the west end or the city to watch the match tbh - too full of bloody tourists. though apparently the cock and lion in marylebone is where london-based newcastle supporters sometimes congregate (i've never been so can't vouch for it)

more info here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Mackem like behaviour ☝️

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't usually venture into the west end or the city to watch the match tbh - too full of bloody tourists. though apparently the cock and lion in marylebone is where london-based newcastle supporters sometimes congregate (i've never been so can't vouch for it)

more info here

Review from 2015, just the 8 years ago      :good:   :lol:

These appear to be the cunts you want  @Christmas Tree

Edited by PaddockLad

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Why exactly are you going to London if you don’t have a ticket? Surely the atmosphere would be better in Newcastle?

• Haha 2

I know it sounds a bit old school but would a beam back at St James' be an option Liverpool did it for a CL final recently and looks as if it went ok

Norwich have tried it as well.......got to be better than having pints flung over you watching it in some fan zones

Edited by Rosco

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Why exactly are you going to London if you don’t have a ticket? Surely the atmosphere would be better in Newcastle?

And let’s face it, having been down a few times before, the atmosphere around Trafalgar / Covent Garden will be superb on the Saturday and Sunday. 

I could happily have given it a miss, but now that I’ve been persuaded, I’m really looking forward to it.

In 98 and 99 a few of my mates who didn't have tickets came down just for the beer etc and had a good time - whisper it quietly but one of them was a Sunderland fan (from Shields obviously). 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

if so, try kicking things off by sticking a flare up your arse in leicester square 

Picturing CT furiously stuffing a pair of hippy jeans up his ample hoop and struggling to get it lit. 
“ Didn’t have matches so used petrol inste…

… WOOOOOOFFFF!” 

buddha-monk.gif

On 04/02/2023 at 08:13, Kid Dynamite said:

If you're feeling flush you can buy a club Wembley 2023 ticket for £2500. 

Includes a ticket to

- Carabao cup final

- FA cup semi

- FA cup final

- Championship playoff final

- Charity shield

- Englands home games 

I think you have to commit to 3 years. Also get the gigs that might be on NFL etc. Should clear a profit selling on tickets. 

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hell I’ve never had to assign tickets before, I think I should’ve got a tutorial from CT or TBD…. fuck me that was stressful but it’s done now :D :nufc:

i would've happily helped you out mate. you just click on a seat and then press the send to cheltenham button.

• Haha 1