a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

In all seriousness, you should write a letter to the club and cc the Supporters Trust. You won't be the only one in this position (which is a bollocks position btw) and if you can get someone to listen you might see something change next time around or when they come to next sell STs or something. 

I've already replied to the trust's email, next port of call will be the club. :good:

• Like 1

my old man, 85 years old, went to wembley for the first time  in '55 , also in '74 and '76. went to all the home fairs cup games, has been a life long newcastle supporter.

for the last 3 years he's been me 82 year old mothers full time carer, she has dementia.

he just about scrapes in at period 7, but the reality is despite me repeatedly trying he won't leave my mother long enough to go to game even though my wife is more than capable (and qualified) to look after her.

now I'm sure there's hundreds out there in a similar position or through I'll health of their own only get the chance to go to a handful of games.

if the club has built in a provision to cater for people like this by building in an allocation for p6 or p7, however small, then they are to be applauded. even if this means a few from a higher 'ranking' miss out. I'm sure they'll get other opportunities, some won't.

only a moronic thundercunt would cry about this.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This cunt wants his dad to drive. I'm fucking telling you!

I've got a whole host of people with varying disabilities who I can call on to be my personal chauffeur. they think I befriend them out of kindness. they're wrong.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

In all seriousness, you should write a letter to the club and cc the Supporters Trust. You won't be the only one in this position (which is a bollocks position btw) and if you can get someone to listen you might see something change next time around or when they come to next sell STs or something. 

Screenshot_20230209-130515__01.thumb.jpg.aa1c82457c830a18ee83fc8f2608be95.jpg

Screenshot_20230209-130528__01__01.thumb.jpg.0e229389dd3bebc682bf6afb5a547b26.jpg

• Like 6

dear hmhm,

I acknowledge you've written to my majestic self. shame you didn't tell me you were packing in a season ticket, I have loads and like to collect them, especially the ones that were dispensed with during times of conflict with the previous owner, they're my favourites.

I'm not sure what I can do to help you to be honest, we did promise to lobby the club for those who packed in season tickets at the time of benitez leaving to have their loyalty points reinstated, but didn't bother in the end. far to busy selling jigsaws don't you know?

anyway, could I interest you with a trip to london on one of my lovely buses? once you get there I can then sell you a ticket for my swanky do in kings cross where I'll be recalling my interviews with football pundits and my special friendship with the daily mail. not only that, charlotte will be there, preening her hair and occasionally pouting. it'll be great.

lots of love.

his royal highness, alex hugh magill hurst.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 4

As it stands I won't be going to the final. Part of me agrees with HMHM as I think my 30 years of "full service" should count for something but as I've been to less than ten games in the last 14 years I think I'd feel a modicum of guilt in preventing someone who's been regularly from going - though I realise that's unlikely as as far I can see the system does reward loyalty to a reasonable degree. 

I'm not sure about including criteria of going to this particular cup's games as it seems a bit narrow and I'd have made it broader. I also think Renton's been fucked over with the kids thing. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NJS said:

As it stands I won't be going to the final. Part of me agrees with HMHM as I think my 30 years of "full service" should count for something but as I've been to less than ten games in the last 14 years I think I'd feel a modicum of guilt in preventing someone who's been regularly from going - though I realise that's unlikely as as far I can see the system does reward loyalty to a reasonable degree. 

I'm not sure about including criteria of going to this particular cup's games as it seems a bit narrow and I'd have made it broader. I also think Renton's been fucked over with the kids thing. 

same.

you never know mate, something might crop up. floating tickets seem to have an uncanny knack of ending up in the right hands.  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I applied to Caribou for a chance to win a pair of tickets for the final, forgot about it and I've been contacted by them by email!

Screenshot_20230210-111717__01.thumb.jpg.da21dd53a27b8bc0f5cebd49f82c90dd.jpg

Not quite the email I was hoping for.....

unimpressed oprah GIF

:lol: 

Just had the same fucking email. Got so excited for about 2 seconds :( 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I applied to Caribou for a chance to win a pair of tickets for the final, forgot about it and I've been contacted by them by email!

Screenshot_20230210-111717__01.thumb.jpg.da21dd53a27b8bc0f5cebd49f82c90dd.jpg

Not quite the email I was hoping for.....

unimpressed oprah GIF

Like the Euromillions ones - 

NEWS ABOUT YOUR TICKET 

You Have Won £3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

Like the Euromillions ones - 

NEWS ABOUT YOUR TICKET 

You Have Won £3

I got one of those when I was in Dublin, not just the standard "news about your ticket" but an unusual "EXCITING news about your ticket" of course wouldn't let me access my account from there so had to wait 3 days until home (kept schtum from Mrs etc.), home logged on and.............£4.80 what the actual fuck is exciting about that !!!!!

• Haha 3

On 09/02/2023 at 15:24, Howmanheyman said:

I've already replied to the trust's email, next port of call will be the club. :good:

Slightly altered my trust reply and sent to the club just now. I'm expecting a nothing reply tbh, although with hindsight I should've said I was a fan from the US or India who's been on a PL promotional video with Alan Shearer and also have loads of twitter followers so they'd probably arrange for a few tickets in the director's box and a meet and greet with Eddie, Merhdad and Amanda. 

• Haha 4