Eddie Howe’s sell out trippy mags vs Cambridge’s daft punt boat nonces

Tom

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’ve got a bit of time for him on the basis we’ve had fuck all else in terms of someone who can beat a man / create something out of nothing. But the fact he fell over himself to praise the laziest fucking manager in the game speaks volumes imo. 

It felt like he values anyone who panders to him over everything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Worries me slightly that Howe is telling everyone we put in a good performance and showed good body language. The players looked like they couldn't be bothered in the 2nd half. 

I don’t expect a manager to slag of his team in front of the cameras but it does my head in that managers always do as if everybody must have watched a different game.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Yasir al-Rumayyan, Amanda Staveley, and Mehrdad Ghodoussi with their bodyguards paid a visit to the dressing room.

Maxy was too busy playing his game to speak to them 

The fucking soft cunt

Are you kidding me with that performance? This team, man. What an embarrassment! Great time for that type of result in one respect because it shows the owners precisely how shit the team of absolute plodders are that we put out each week.

ASM is our best player on paper. On the pitch he's a fuckin dandy. Fuckin around with the ball way too much as per usual. No end product, whether it's shoot, pass, dribble, doesn't matter, always ends up the same -- nothing doing. Crowd were rightly getting on his case in the dying minutes when he continued to dally on it trying to nutmeg himself when we had six players waiting in the box for a cross.

Kraft way too far away from his central defensive partner for the goal. He crowded over way to close to Trippier and left a massive space for the pass to go through the channel. Highlights as well that we really need a midfielder capable of recognising those situations and cutting things out.

Need a midfielder in general because Longstaff was horrendous today. And when Willock came on for Murphy, he was even worse. Murphy was good though so kinda disappointing that he was substituted for Almiron. Almiron did his usual road-runner stint of *meep meep*'ing around and doing about as much as ASM. He's fast than ASM though so he gets to the point where he accomplishes fuck all faster, which, in theory, gives a chance for the game to resume quicker and we can then continue to hope someone else does something. So credit to him on that score, I guess.

The lack of quality in front of goal was clear as day. I assume Gayle has COVID. Only explanation for his absence. Was he on the bench? I didn't look. Forget he existed, honestly, until I realised we didn't have a striker. Need one in the window. If it wasn't obvious before (which it was) it is now.

Willock is fucked. I don't know if it's confidence or if he is just bad. But man he came on at 0-1 against a League One side in a poor team that he has been in-and-out of lately. Showed zero desire to do anything.

Need a leftback. Ritchie did nothing in particular wrong tonight. But we know he ain't a leftback.

Credit to their keeper. He had a great game. We hardly worked him at all in the second half, then he pulled out a worldie to keep BUJ's header out. Good game from him. But a decent striker in the side and he would've been beaten a few times in the first half during the few spells of pressure we put on them.

Anyway, typical Newcastle. At least the owners got a solid reminder that the squad needs to be replaced in almost every position.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Has anyone mentioned three of their players were offside for their goal?

Shelvey touched the ball on its way through, so they were all onside.

Mbappe benefited from it recently against Spain.

Not much to add as it’s all been said. An absolute disgrace of a performance and disturbing that Howe couldn’t do anything about it.  A load of cowards on the pitch who don’t deserve to be anywhere near the shirt. Can’t wait til they’re history.

Going to take a monumental effort to drag my youngest away from Fortnite and back to St. James. 

I thought Trippier looked very good.

Anyway, the ground looked lovely without the sports direct tat.

I must say I thought the Cambridge fans were superb. Full on party mode up there from start to finish. Nice to have a bit of pre match entertainment from them with all the balloons and beach balls they brought, oh and the sex doll :lol: 

• Haha 1

I won't talk about the team's performance because I couldn't see it.

And it's hard to say this after you get knocked out by a League One team.

But defeat is the best thing that could happen to us. We have to focus all eyes on winning the maximum possible points and achieving permanence. FA Cup could only be a distraction in which, in addition, we would hardly go far and in a year that we have a very short squad.

PS.  We need a striker.

• Like 1

I don't think we should let that one worry us too much. We were fairly confident before it and the cup can always throw up results like this. Will feel a lot better if we get a few new players in this week but I doubt we'll see another performance that bad.