Job interview tomorrow

Mark

Never had one before, should I turn up propper smart, or just go casual smart? Anything I should take with me? It's just for a sport shop like, and its only part-time.

101777[/snapback]

You'd probably get away with going casual/smart if it's for a sports shop. Make sure you still look like you've made an effort like :jerkit:

Good luck :lol:

I should get the job, I'm young, charismatic, good looking, intelligent and have experience.

101787[/snapback]

How can you have experience if you've never had a job interview before?

I should get the job, I'm young, charismatic, good looking, intelligent and have experience.

101787[/snapback]

101790[/snapback]

You don't want to know about the type of experience Mark has :lol:

101787[/snapback]

101790[/snapback]

You don't want to know about the type of experience Mark has :lol:

101795[/snapback]

Exactly......

Nah I've had a job in a shop before.

Start off with a good firm handshake, maintain eye contact throughout, and have questions to ask about the job and the company, don't sit there like a numpty if they ask you if you have any questions.

Eye contact all the time, sit up straight, smartish shoes, clean finger nails and teeth, copy of yer CV

No soft slimey handshakes

Keep your answers straight AND SHORT

think of a couple of questions to ask about the business and the job (NOT the $$$$)

Look like a toadying yes man

Start off with a good firm handshake, maintain eye contact throughout, and have questions to ask about the job and the company, don't sit there like a numpty if they ask you if you have any questions.

101798[/snapback]

Cheers, I probably would have sat there like a nonce if you hadn't told me to ask questions.

101798[/snapback]

Cheers, I probably would have sat there like a nonce if you hadn't told me to ask questions.

101801[/snapback]

Hint: Don't act like a nonce in an interview for any public contact job.

Unless you're sure it's that kind of place.

101798[/snapback]

101801[/snapback]

101804[/snapback]

Like Teeside?

101798[/snapback]

101801[/snapback]

101804[/snapback]

Like Teeside?

101808[/snapback]

Precisely.

Are you a charver?  Seems to be the main requirement to get a job in a sports shop.

101803[/snapback]

No I'm not, but I just thought I'd bebable to get some cheap stuff if I worked their, and its close to home.

Are you a charver?  Seems to be the main requirement to get a job in a sports shop.

101803[/snapback]

No I'm not, but I just thought I'd bebable to get some cheap stuff if I worked their, and its close to home.

101861[/snapback]

Cheap charva clobber you mean? :lol:

Good luck anyways

101803[/snapback]

101861[/snapback]

Good luck anyways

101881[/snapback]

I meant a cheap footie, gym gear and stuff like that.

101803[/snapback]

101861[/snapback]

Good luck anyways

101881[/snapback]

101885[/snapback]

Ooh, get you! :jerkit:

101803[/snapback]

101861[/snapback]

Good luck anyways

101881[/snapback]

101885[/snapback]

Ooh, get you! :jerkit:

101894[/snapback]

You're a nasty man Kojack

101803[/snapback]

101861[/snapback]

Good luck anyways

101881[/snapback]

101885[/snapback]

Ooh, get you! :icon_lol:

101894[/snapback]

You're a nasty man Kojack

101896[/snapback]

:jerkit:

don't what ever you do, act nervous. They can smell fear, if you're even slightly concerned about getting the job they'll see it on you and dismiss you like so much whatever.

but don't seem nonchalant.

Was hardly an interview, asked me a few questions, and mainly told me about the company, only lasted 8 minutes! Said he would get back to me if I got the job. Intresting stuff

Was hardly an interview, asked me a few questions, and mainly told me about the company, only lasted 8 minutes! Said he would get back to me if I got the job. Intresting stuff

102368[/snapback]

Didnt like the look of you tbh. Good luck.