Chris Wood

Ayatollah Hermione

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My dirty Leeds supporting wanker friends said he's a great signing and are worried now :lol: 

He's wrong  He's a shit signing, there is near unanimous agreement on this on the SMB.

• Haha 8

Hopefully the first of many :finger: to the clubs in this league with all the crap they tried to pull regarding our takeover and subsequent sponsorships/transfers. We're finally coming for you you corrupt fuckers!

Edited by aimaad22

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Someone update Lineker on the price, the cunt. 

Making himself look like a real dumbass. Modern analyst that thinks a 20M deal for a proven premier league striker off your relegation rivals is bad business. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Making himself look like a real dumbass. Modern analyst that thinks a 20M deal for a proven premier league striker off your relegation rivals is bad business. 

Also missing the obvious point. Who else are we going to attract before the next two games given our current position? I can see us making more of a statement striker signing towards the end of window and Wood eventually becoming third choice number 9 when everyone is fit. It’s a no brainer

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

D7E99B6D-6FAD-4316-BD58-2D48B0AA8310.jpeg

Spot on, how much was Ings? £30m? So a more injury prone player with a similar goal record (at better sides) for £10m more. I guarantee Lineiker was one of the ones praising what great business it was for Villa. I don’t understand how anyone would see this as crazy money? We could also likely get £12m or so next January to some other relegation battler. 

Edited by Howay

It's funny really that the media's general level of punditry is equivalent to an out-of-touch drunken loudmouth at the pub who hasn't taken much more than a passing interest into how football actually works since the late 80s. These are the 'Crazy Uncles' who all of us would walk away from at a family gathering with them halfway through explaining their 'latest theory on x' that is really nothing but a collection of the purest in stupid ideas produced by the collective consciousness of watercooler morons in the past decade. Yet, they're given a microphone. What can you do but laugh?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, toonotl said:

It's funny really that the media's general level of punditry is equivalent to an out-of-touch drunken loudmouth at the pub who hasn't taken much more than a passing interest into how football actually works since the late 80s. These are the 'Crazy Uncles' who all of us would walk away from at a family gathering with them halfway through explaining their 'latest theory on x' that is really nothing but a collection of the purest in stupid ideas produced by the collective consciousness of watercooler morons in the past decade. Yet, they're given a microphone. What can you do but laugh?

Personal affiliations and tastes come into it dont they? Plus boosting your social media numbers by winding up a large following.

Fact is football folk are rattled by the takeover, most of them want us to fail, they never thought they'd see a Newcastle United with the ambition and muscle to match the potential of the club. It's scary, its off script. Makes it all the more sweeter for us and I for one plan on enjoying every step of the ride starting by pissing off Burnley of all clubs :lol:  

• Haha 3

The most annoying part is we're still most likely to be relegated which will somehow be painted as a failure of the new owners. The reality is it's down to Ashley (and Bruce to a lesser extent) and the premier league for delaying our sale. If we were allowed to be sold in a position of relative safety the transfer windows would have been very different.

• Like 1

I have followed Chris Wood since he played at Leicester & think he is a solid "old fashioned" striker who will get goals if he gets service. 

He will enjoy Trippier putting crosses into the box for him ... Good move in my opinion !!

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Yeah, its almost like he's living 10 years ago when 20M would raise a few eyebrows. Surely just on the wind up. Another one pissed off by what we are looking to become.

Just trying to wind up Shearer, I assume.  

• Like 1

The worrying thing for me is that Burnley fans don't seem to be too upset about this. Looking at a Burnley forum the consensus appears to be that he's been decent in past seasons but utter dog shit this year.

Whether that's down to not getting a move in the summer or part of an overall decline remains to be seen.

Still, if he scores in the next two games he'll have proven his worth.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The worrying thing for me is that Burnley fans don't seem to be too upset about this. Looking at a Burnley forum the consensus appears to be that he's been decent in past seasons but utter dog shit this year.

Whether that's down to not getting a move in the summer or part of an overall decline remains to be seen.

Still, if he scores in the next two games he'll have proven his worth.

Most fans instantly decide a player is shit as soon as they choose to go. Even more so in these unique circumstances though. 

Andrew's mates are Burnley lads and they think this fucks them. Burnley were already struggling for goals and now they've lost Cornet temporarily and Wood for good. (nice rhymes, Coolio)

They're some of the more...considered burnley fans you'd be likely to meet as well.

Realistically wood has been their most consistent goal threat for several years and its no coincidence that he has struggled when the team have struggled. they create fuck all in the way of decent chances for him, so of course he isnt scoring

• Like 2