Chris Wood

Ayatollah Hermione

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

Ut's the luttle thung on the strup near the nup. Thus wull niver git old.

Not even our player for 24hrs yet and he’s been caught sending dick pics …

Photo_24-09-2015_8_55_07_a.m..jpg

Hes even trimmed the bush so it looks bigger. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Short deal for such a big fee. Maybe a sign that there are bigger plans over the next couple of seasons?

Sure. 

We have never did this transfer without Wilson injured. 

• Like 1

Chris Wood said: "This is a very exciting opportunity for me and I'm delighted to be a Newcastle United player.

"I have played at St. James' Park a few times and it's an amazing place, so to have the chance to represent this club with those incredible supporters behind me and my team-mates is very special.

"The club and manager have been first class during this process, and I really can't wait to get onto the pitch and repay the faith they have in me, especially with a vital part of the season ahead of us."

Newcastle United head coach Eddie Howe said: "Chris is an important signing for us at a crucial time and I'm very pleased we have been able to move quickly and bring him here.

"He is a very dangerous attacking threat, has a physicality and character that I really like, and he has vast experience in the Premier League. He will be a great fit for us."

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Sure. 

We have never did this transfer without Wilson injured. 

Think we’d have got a striker but it wouldn’t be to this level. They’ve went and got a Premier League striker which shows someone, somewhere, has their head screwed on. Under Ashley, we’d have been ringing around to see who was available on loan and ended up with Villa reject

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Same length deal as Trippier got. I think we're just being sensible about not giving ourselves an old and creaking squad. 

They’ve probably looked at some of the dross we have on long term deals and learned from that. It’s a totally different strategy from cheap / free signings (and giving people contract extensions) just to save money on signing new players. And look at the culture that’s created previously here with people just picking up wages for shit performances. Obviously quality is an issue too but knowing even if you’re playing shit you’ve still got 4 years on a lucrative contract doesn’t exactly inspire some of the lazier players to up their game 

• Like 3