Chris Wood

Ayatollah Hermione

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

As if that’s the Thitba Thatba guy :lol: 

Never had him down as a Newcastle supporter mind.

Actually looking at his previous work….

• Haha 3

I can't say I was excited about Wood signing, but then he's gone about his work in the background, in a team which undoubtedly creates less chances than the players who have scored 10 goals a season in the last 4 seasons. We have been creating chances but struggled to put them away so he will hopefully get in the right positions to score us some goals. I don't really care it we take to playing long ball this season, as long as we get more points on the board than 3 other teams. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

Soemthing that they didn't mention is Howe likes to be innovative with set pieces, so having a) Trippier to put in decent deliveries and b) Wood to get on the end of them (or be the hulking distraction) is a match made in heaven. 

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Soemthing that they didn't mention is Howe likes to be innovative with set pieces, so having a) Trippier to put in decent deliveries and b) Wood to get on the end of them (or be the hulking distraction) is a match made in heaven. 

Did you switch off before it got to the 4 minute mark?

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Did you switch off before it got to the 4 minute mark?

No, I paid attention. And in paying attention it was clear that although the lad mentioned set pieces, he didn't emphasise that Eddie Howe like to be innovative with Set Pieces, which was the FUCKING POINT OF MY POST!

Yeah but you also said innovative set pieces is us buying one bloke who is good at taking them and then one bloke who is big good at heading them.

Which isn't exactly the japanese lads doing ring around the rosie to throw off their markers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yeah but you also said innovative set pieces is us buying one bloke who is good at taking them and then one bloke who is big good at heading them.

Which isn't exactly the japanese lads doing ring around the rosie to throw off their markers.

No I didn't, you antipodean boob. I said Howe likes innovative set pieces. And with Trippier's delivery and Wood's aerial ability we can make the most of that innovation. Not simply good taker to good header. 

19 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Yep.87 cracking league performances from BUJ7. One very good game.One decent game.Two decent halves.Absolute shit in the other games due to nee ability and nee effort. 

He’s been different class since since Howe came in. I shouldn’t have to explain further 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dyche:

“It wasn’t a perfect scenario to lose a player who’s done very well for us and for himself as well.” 

“He’s a good player. He’s been quieter this season but you look at the record for us, you look at what he’s achieved as an individual."

“But it’s happened before, we’ve been down this road before with Andre Gray, Sam Vokes, Danny Ings, Charlie Austin. These are the challenges."

“It’s a double-edged sword. We didn’t want to lose Woody, there’s no two ways about that, but on the other hand there’s a lot of comments that it’s a lot of money for that player etc."

“But money doesn’t solve everything. It gives you a better option in recruitment but you’ve still got to get the right players and January is still a tough window. These are the realities. It’s done now and we’ve got to move forward.”

• 4 weeks later...

More Dyche:

“Both are very good players but I think Wout is more technically-minded."

“He can see pictures with his back to goal whereas Woody was someone who wanted to be in the box and sniff out goals."

“Wout is more of an all-rounder. He can offer varying ways of playing probably because of his experience at Wolfsburg and different clubs."

“On the business side, regardless of Woody having a clause, you'd still go 'it's actually good business' to get that amount of money for a 30-year-old."

“As long as we turn things around for ourselves and Wout continues to play as he is, that's good business as well."

“He is a top pro who wants to have an effect."

Wood is going to be on the score sheet today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

More Dyche:

“Both are very good players but I think Wout is more technically-minded."

“He can see pictures with his back to goal whereas Woody was someone who wanted to be in the box and sniff out goals."

“Wout is more of an all-rounder. He can offer varying ways of playing probably because of his experience at Wolfsburg and different clubs."

“On the business side, regardless of Woody having a clause, you'd still go 'it's actually good business' to get that amount of money for a 30-year-old."

“As long as we turn things around for ourselves and Wout continues to play as he is, that's good business as well."

“He is a top pro who wants to have an effect."

Wood is going to be on the score sheet today.

I've a feeling he'll score as well. (And that was before Dyche's motivational speech).

I popped over to the in law's to drop something off last night and her dad goes "we were listening to the match on the radio. I have to say I was surprised to hear Newcastle scored when I heard they had Chris Woods in goal - you know, England goalkeeper."

I just stood staring at him, thinking I'm gonna have to tell your daughter that you're showing the first signs of senility. Chris Woods retired 24 years ago. :lol:

• Haha 4