SEASON-DEFINING MUST-WIN 6-POINTER (nufc v watford match thread)

Dr Gloom

As tempting as it is to label this a must win, even a draw keeps us in touching distance with the rest of the window to go. Win and it'll just be so massive though, reinforce the positivity from the window so far and get the whole place moving forward with belief. So yeah, as others have said just don't see that happening. 

Going to be a shitty, nervy 90 minutes of football. 

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

straight back in the starting lineup if this is true 

Looking forward to some massive slide tackles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll have to go for a walk with the dogs or something. I’ve gone from not giving a fuck and not watching our games to being a nervous wreck who can barely stand to watch them. Win and we’re out the bottom three. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ll have to go for a walk with the dogs or something. I’ve give from not giving a fuck and not watching our games to being a nervous wreck who can barely stand to watch them. Win and we’re out the bottom three. 

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ll have to go for a walk with the dogs or something. I’ve give from not giving a fuck and not watching our games to being a nervous wreck who can barely stand to watch them. Win and we’re out the bottom three. 

Aye same. But I'm watching it cos I'm rock. Outside chance of getting a ticket if my mate catches covid off his kid in the next 24 hours or so. 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

As tempting as it is to label this a must win, even a draw keeps us in touching distance with the rest of the window to go. Win and it'll just be so massive though, reinforce the positivity from the window so far and get the whole place moving forward with belief. So yeah, as others have said just don't see that happening. 

Going to be a shitty, nervy 90 minutes of football. 

we have to start winning at some point. few games are technically "must win" but the more of the shit teams around us that we fail to dispatch, the more results we'll have to get against the top teams.

our final four games of the season are liverpool, man city, arsenal, burnley, which means January-March are going to be crucial if we're going to accumulate the 20 odd points we need to ensure we don't go into final game of the season against burnley needing a result to survive. imagine if that one is literally a must win game. i don't think i have the stomach for it. 

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oof how did you manage that? Hope you get a bump free journey. 

ah, cheers mate.

pitbull injury, sort of. they've had a tree harvester thinning the woods where we walk the dogs and it's turned parts of it into a quagmire and obstacle course. fucker spotted a squirrel before I did and went for it, pulled like an ox and I slipped and fell collar bone first on to the edge of a log pile, to much hilarity initially anyway from the wife!

:(:lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3