SEASON-DEFINING MUST-WIN 6-POINTER (nufc v watford match thread)

Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Howay said:

We just offer fucking nothing, did we have a shot on target other than the goal? It’s pathetic. 

I know I keep saying it but I just can’t get over how fucking rotten our CM is, the defence rightly catches a lot of flak but they get barely any screen from CM, and the attack gets no support whatsoever. When we attack and lose possession the ball basically ends up at our defence every fucking time, even if a loose ball comes out it has to go all the way back to our defence before it’s recycled back into an attack. It’s far too fucking slow, the opposition can reorganize and get back into position. There’s also just no switching of the play, it’s all down one side then slowly passed back and eventually might make its way across to the other side, no purpose, no attempt to force an over load, nothing. At this point I’m convinced you could pick a random lad out the crowd and they’d manage to give a better account of themself than Longstaff does, fucking Beefy is more nimble than the concrete booted bastard. Shelvey is Shelvey and won’t ever change, how we still have to watch that prick play after all these fucking years, we even had some bloke have the brass neck to come on here and proclaim he was a good player, that’s the level of Stockholm syndrome our fan base have after being tortured by these players. Joelinton is strong and has energy but he’s laughable on the ball most the time.

If we haven’t brought in at least one CM I genuinely might skip watching the Leeds match as it’s just a waste of fucking time tbh, and I can’t watch Shelvey and Longstaff plod around together anymore, I just can’t man. I almost called for an ambulance when Shelvey fouled that bloke on the edge of our area early on, I couldn’t believe he could be moving that slow in real time, I thought I must be having some serious issue and seeing things in fucking slow motion, the Watford player seemed to close 30 yards in the time it took Shelvey to move 5 yards. We could have Beckenbauer and Nesta at CB but we aren’t winning games with this CM, they slow us down, don’t screen for the defence, and generally offer fuck all. 

I actually started to watch them closely on Watford corners and free kicks, the lack of urgency they made in getting out of the box made me almost thankful 14 years of Ashley which has borderline removed my love of Football as if I was as passionate about it as I was pre-Ashley I think my head would have exploded. 

I know people will say signing players is hard etc but how the fuck are we two weeks into a window and we have not improved on Sean Longstaff, and Jamal Lascelles? Why the actual fuck are we the only club with trillionaire owners who can’t seem to spend it? This must be some elaborate reality show to torture the entire support base of this club. I actually burst out laughing at Longstaffs shot during the first half, I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a player have much more time and space in a PL game in my life, and he didn’t just miss he missed both high and wide :lol:, he has to be trolling. 

We've seen some shitty shitty players over the last 15 years haven't we? The performances from these 3 this season are right up with the worst and that is saying something. 

Lascelles man. Can't believe there was a time we actually thought he could be a decent player. That moment in the 2nd half where he let in King and you saw him try to get back to bring him down, I swear you just knew he wouldn't even come close and it would be funny as shit. And he's going to keep the arm band isn't he? Embarrassing 

• Like 3

"Newcastle are a joke of a club really. Fancy having all that money, jumping around with tea towels on your head and then signing boot fair thunderbird puppet Eddie Howe and 30 year old Chris Deadwood.

Ha ha ha etc."

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/newcastle-united-1-watford-1-15-1-22.59040/page-19

and an appearance from @The Fish

Imo we will sign one more player. And it wont be Botmon or Carlos. It will be some cunt like Solanko or whatever hes called. 

Shelvey improved under how but he doesnt have the legs at all. I seriously think the midfield now is more of an urgency than defence. We created one chance v. Watford at home.

That result has no bearing on whether he'd accept a relegation clause or not though. 

Look, you've woken up, you've wet the bed, you're in the doghouse with hot dog legs, and you're taking it out on us! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Howay said:

We just offer fucking nothing, did we have a shot on target other than the goal? It’s pathetic. 

I know I keep saying it but I just can’t get over how fucking rotten our CM is, the defence rightly catches a lot of flak but they get barely any screen from CM, and the attack gets no support whatsoever. When we attack and lose possession the ball basically ends up at our defence every fucking time, even if a loose ball comes out it has to go all the way back to our defence before it’s recycled back into an attack. It’s far too fucking slow, the opposition can reorganize and get back into position. There’s also just no switching of the play, it’s all down one side then slowly passed back and eventually might make its way across to the other side, no purpose, no attempt to force an over load, nothing. At this point I’m convinced you could pick a random lad out the crowd and they’d manage to give a better account of themself than Longstaff does, fucking Beefy is more nimble than the concrete booted bastard. Shelvey is Shelvey and won’t ever change, how we still have to watch that prick play after all these fucking years, we even had some bloke have the brass neck to come on here and proclaim he was a good player, that’s the level of Stockholm syndrome our fan base have after being tortured by these players. Joelinton is strong and has energy but he’s laughable on the ball most the time.

If we haven’t brought in at least one CM I genuinely might skip watching the Leeds match as it’s just a waste of fucking time tbh, and I can’t watch Shelvey and Longstaff plod around together anymore, I just can’t man. I almost called for an ambulance when Shelvey fouled that bloke on the edge of our area early on, I couldn’t believe he could be moving that slow in real time, I thought I must be having some serious issue and seeing things in fucking slow motion, the Watford player seemed to close 30 yards in the time it took Shelvey to move 5 yards. We could have Beckenbauer and Nesta at CB but we aren’t winning games with this CM, they slow us down, don’t screen for the defence, and generally offer fuck all. 

I actually started to watch them closely on Watford corners and free kicks, the lack of urgency they made in getting out of the box made me almost thankful 14 years of Ashley which has borderline removed my love of Football as if I was as passionate about it as I was pre-Ashley I think my head would have exploded. 

I know people will say signing players is hard etc but how the fuck are we two weeks into a window and we have not improved on Sean Longstaff, and Jamal Lascelles? Why the actual fuck are we the only club with trillionaire owners who can’t seem to spend it? This must be some elaborate reality show to torture the entire support base of this club. I actually burst out laughing at Longstaffs shot during the first half, I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a player have much more time and space in a PL game in my life, and he didn’t just miss he missed both high and wide :lol:, he has to be trolling. 

Totally agree that central midfield is causing a big chunk of our problems. Which is why it worries me that we only seem to be trying to sign defenders. If we spunk £150mil on defenders and don't buy a decent midfielder and another striker then we will just start churning out 0-0s the rest of the season 

• Like 3

Just watching the Villa game on MOTD. For their 2 goals they had 7 or 8 players in and around the box. Little one-two's, stretching the Man U defence. Completely at odds with how we play. 

Im yet to be convinced by Howe I'm afraid. He can't influence the shite in our squad but he picks the formation and decides the tactics and playing a 1 man attack against Watford is poor. No surprise we managed 1 shot on target 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Totally agree that central midfield is causing a big chunk of our problems. Which is why it worries me that we only seem to be trying to sign defenders. If we spunk £150mil on defenders and don't buy a decent midfielder and another striker then we will just start churning out 0-0s the rest of the season 

Maybe we can draw our way to safety 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just watching the Villa game on MOTD. For their 2 goals they had 7 or 8 players in and around the box. Little one-two's, stretching the Man U defence. Completely at odds with how we play. 

Im yet to be convinced by Howe I'm afraid. He can't influence the shite in our squad but he picks the formation and decides the tactics and playing a 1 man attack against Watford is poor. No surprise we managed 1 shot on target 

I think that’s absolutely the case with wood up front. If yore going to sign and start an old school number 9, you need someone to play off him or a couple of your midfielders playing higher up the pitch 

16 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This Carlos had better be fucking good, like. He wants to have a Van Dijk type transformation on our back four for all we’ve been chasing him 

Is there any more news today on it? I can't be fucked with trawling through all the dopes on twitter to find out. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is there any more news today on it? I can't be fucked with trawling through all the dopes on twitter to find out. 

Sean Casey’s on line two

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Bring this to the attention of Wykiki so he can get some kind of confirmation from Sean Casey

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think that’s absolutely the case with wood up front. If yore going to sign and start an old school number 9, you need someone to play off him or a couple of your midfielders playing higher up the pitch 

Look at the clip of our attacks yesterday 

01A496E9-812E-4B65-BABE-BA6EDFD8FCCF.jpeg

A838EBF7-804B-452C-B719-DEC2534AC1FA.jpeg

D2DD6AC6-1518-4F7B-B47A-0BA39A4A0208.jpeg

Now compare with Wolves on the attack 

73A20115-1D7C-4870-A8DE-4A34D421841B.thumb.jpeg.ad968969163e5b4b2cfbb0c41e54a932.jpeg

Southampton...

89E6D120-2A0C-4509-9861-19F44D0CCE99.thumb.jpeg.050a9a5c9f78b9e7db27bbae2d7f2dae.jpeg

and Villa...

C3583E14-185A-4726-8DF4-6BDE19F7DBC2.thumb.jpeg.333fce50b59d3572aa25ba9edbb4aabd.jpeg

We don't need a DM. We need 2 athletic and mobile midfielders who can get up and down the pitch and link defence to attack. Watch MOTD back and keep an eye on where Shelvey, Longstaff and Joelinton are every time we get into the opposition box. We were lucky if they even got past the half way line before we gave up possession 

• Like 2

We have needed a creative spark in the middle of the park for ages. But I don’t think we are able to attract the quality that would be needed with the season halfway through and us sitting at the bottom of the table.

Our best bets could be loaning van den Beek and going for Ramsey.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

We have needed a creative spark in the middle of the park for ages. But I don’t think we are able to attract the quality that would be needed with the season halfway through and us sitting at the bottom of the table.

Our best bets could be loaning van den Beek and going for Ramsey.

Ramsey for Longstaff is a no-brainier. Get him on loan till the end of the season and two new centre halves in for the leeds game.