SEASON-DEFINING MUST-WIN 6-POINTER (nufc v watford match thread)

Dr Gloom

Just now, OTF said:

I'll report myself here lads. ASM is like a black hole.

Couple of instances where he's had some joy just doing the simple thing and beating his man. Always one too many touches though. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Couple of instances where he's had some joy just doing the simple thing and beating his man. Always one too many touches though. 

The problem is that he wants to more or less d the same thing every time he gets the ball regardless of where he is and how many opposing players are nearby. Just release the ball early every now and then.

Watford are absolutely fucking dreadful but we just can’t get anything on target. ASM needs to learn what a pass is, he just is actively refusing to pass at this point it’s just fucking absurd and has cost us at least 4 good moves. Longstaff is an absolute joke of a player, he needs subbed off at this point I’d almost consider Hendrick over him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Enjoyable half.

We play a lot of decent stuff but fail with the final balls. It needs just a tiny bit of more confidence and we would cruising it.

But as things are it will only need one moment of madness and it will go tits up.

• Like 1

Watching the half time highlights courtesy of my new Chinese friends and we created the better chances. Watford did fuck all really. Joelinton’s first effort was great but he really should have scored the second one. At least hit the target 

First impressions of Wood: maybe not the best finisher but he is a presence in the box. We should get it to him a bit more quickly at times instead of always trying to pass it around. I’d throw willock on for shelvey (who is guaranteed to get a second yellow at some point), see if we can get on the end of some second balls 

Edited by Dr Gloom